Wife Took a Loan from Her Sister

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
[
Your sister in law is a dumbass no offense.

[/quote]

It’s not his sister in law being a dumbass that he needs to worry about.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Bottom line, if she did that weeks before a wedding…gee, I wonder what things she DIDN’T mention.

I bet that bachelorette party was off da HOOK![/quote]

oh god I lol’ed.

Your sister in law is a dumbass no offense.

What kind of dipshit loans 10k to someone for a wedding? Let alone when they can’t easily pay it back?

Oh and your chick lied, and f-ed you in the A. Sorry dude, but you need to figure shit out. I wouldn’t trust my wife.

Honestly I’d rather she fucked another dude than got me into debt I couldn’t get out of… Cheating only hurts my emotions and wallet once for a divorce. Debt hurts me once a month for a long ass time.[/quote]

Quote the CPA. :slight_smile: You crack me up beans.

$20,000?

I’ve got a better idea…buy a car, or invest it, set up a college fund for your kids…obviously it’s too late for that…and that is, of course, assuming she spent a single penny of that on the wedding.

Look, I realize that normally guys let the woman take care of most of the wedding plans and shit, but to have THAT little clue about how much it’s gonna run ya up in $$$ is idiotic. So A) know what the hell is going on financially with her, and B) find better things to spend (or not spend) money on.

She sounds like a sweetie. So she made a small mistake, what the hell?

You knew she wasn’t perfect and you married her anyways. I’ll be the wedding was nice and probably worth the price. If she asked, you’d’ve given her that anyways.

Just remember that love is an enduring thing. Love never boasts, and will always be there for you.

She probably did this cause of her undying love and devotion and just wanted you to have the best wedding ever.

I say, forgive and forget.

and enjoy the buttsex. She’ll be giving it up to you for a looooooooooooooooooong time!

my $.02

this is a serious problem, and sadly this thread will be filled with useless posts.

This is basically financial infidelity and happens more than you think.

check out www.daveramsey.com as there may be some resources on there of how others have dealt with this issue.

may not be grounds for divorce, but I would have a serious talk about this make sure you guys are on the same page as far as your financial future goes

Dude, hindsight’s 20/20 and all but… you didn’t notice $10k of extra stuff at your reception?

Like someone above said…IMO it’s the lying that hurts more than the finances, or at least it would for me. If she wants to take out money on her own that SHE is planning on paying back, and doesn’t tell you, well that sucks but it’s not a deal breaker.

But if she takes money ON HER OWN then says “we own 10 grand” instead of “I own 10 grand”, that’s a pretty big matzoh ball hangin out there.

If it were me, I would probably give her a sweep-kick and divorce her.

Not sure in which order though…

Just laying here, smiling, thinking of the asinine-big-wedding-waste-of-money bullet I recently dodged. Phew.

Alright there is a little more to this whole story. We have been married for 2 years. She is Brazilian and this wedding was in Brazil, 2nd wedding type thing. (The 1st was dirt cheap) My Portuguese is terrible so I had no communication with anyone, because I couldn’t. She was one of those Bridezillas so I stayed the hell away and let her handle it. But I was under the impression that we were keeping it in budget. I thought everything was paid for months ago. She had 1000 opportunities to tell me and didnt until last night. She got the loan 4 months ago and we had the wedding in Sept.

Her sister works for some big company in Brazil and got a loan for her. She cant tell me the interest rate or anything about it. (Her sisters husband doesnt know about it yet either) On top of this the wedding planner told her she was charging her another $1800US after the wedding. So you can add that to the equations and were at about $12k. After thinking it over today, I am thinking the extra $1800 was probably just what she couldnt afford and she already knew about it. She is at work where she needs to be and she is gonna pay the loan, I aint paying a dime, but our savings and future plans are delayed for a couple of years.

She has never lied to me before, I think. The bigger problem with me is trust. The money hurts as I am going to have to delay buying a new house, continue to pay for my current house, probably sell my old truck, because our plan was to use her income to save for a new house.

I am really pissed right now. I appreciate the responses.

[quote]J Nasty wrote:
Alright there is a little more to this whole story. We have been married for 2 years. She is Brazilian and this wedding was in Brazil, 2nd wedding type thing. (The 1st was dirt cheap) My Portuguese is terrible so I had no communication with anyone, because I couldn’t. She was one of those Bridezillas so I stayed the hell away and let her handle it. But I was under the impression that we were keeping it in budget. I thought everything was paid for months ago. She had 1000 opportunities to tell me and didnt until last night. She got the loan 4 months ago and we had the wedding in Sept.

Her sister works for some big company in Brazil and got a loan for her. She cant tell me the interest rate or anything about it. (Her sisters husband doesnt know about it yet either) On top of this the wedding planner told her she was charging her another $1800US after the wedding. So you can add that to the equations and were at about $12k. After thinking it over today, I am thinking the extra $1800 was probably just what she couldnt afford and she already knew about it. She is at work where she needs to be and she is gonna pay the loan, I aint paying a dime, but our savings and future plans are delayed for a couple of years.

She has never lied to me before, I think. The bigger problem with me is trust. The money hurts as I am going to have to delay buying a new house, continue to pay for my current house, probably sell my old truck, because our plan was to use her income to save for a new house.

[/quote]

Is your wife Betaberry?
Just fishing a bit.

Won’t tell you the interest rate.
LOL

She doesnt know the interest rate. Her sister got the loan thru her work, which is the biggest company in Brazil, so I have to think it is low.

I am gonna know when she gets home tonight. She is suppose to be on the phone finding out all the particulars.

Weddings are so expensive. Is it even possible to have one for less than 10k? Assuming it’s catered and at a nice location.

[quote]J Nasty wrote:
She doesnt know the interest rate. Her sister got the loan thru her work, which is the biggest company in Brazil, so I have to think it is low.

I am gonna know when she gets home tonight. She is suppose to be on the phone finding out all the particulars.[/quote]

…she doesn’t know the interest rate…

I bet when you get home she was too scared to find out and shes gonna cry and beg you to do it.

The problem with the price is that it is suppose to be a lot cheaper in Brazil. I would have cost a shit ton in US. The reception was at an old fort overlooking the beach. It was pretty sweet but there are alot of ways we could have saved money. One being a fucking sushi chef

[quote]J Nasty wrote:

[/quote]

Hold on there fella. This changes everything. You never mentioned she was Brazilian in your OP. Does she have any hot relatives?

Damn. That is unfortunate.

I’ll pray for your silly ass because there is no hope on earth that you are getting away from that self absorbed lying fucking bitch without some serious pain and sorrow.

LOL @ “Bridezilla”.

I can see right now that guys seem to be marrying people and putting up with shit that I would never even think of putting up with. I just don’t get it.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]J Nasty wrote:
My wife and I were just married. It was a nice wedding but nothing over the top.

Long story short…My wife just imformed me that she got a $10k loan from her sister 3 months before the wedding to pay for it. All of this time she had told me her parents were helping out. I paid $5000, my parents gave us $5000 and I thought her parents were giving the difference. $10k may not seem like alot to some but it is to us. She has to pay like $500 per month for 2 years to pay it off.

Short of strangling her, how would you handle the situation.[/quote]

BE VERY WATCHFUL! It sucks that already she has deceived you. Congrats on the marriage, but there is one single thing you now know you need to watch for. She has demonstrated the ability to get into debt and not tell you about it until it’s done. This breaks many marriages.

I would lay down the law of understanding that NOTHING is borrowed from ANYONE unless you both consent.
[/quote]

i fucking agree with this 100000000%

She’s probably bangin’ your brother and/or best friend.