T Nation

Wife Swap (Powerlifting Family) on ABC, Fri, Oct 10th

Don’t watch this reality TV stuff (exception being UFC’s Ultimate Fighter). However, tonight’s Wife Swap may be a worthy exception.

According to the commercial, tonight’s (Friday, Oct 10th) episode has a New York powerlifting family (father, mother, and 2 young daughters all lift) that swaps the mother/wife with a Virginia, upper class, high etiquette type.

I’m sure alot of editing will occur to make this entertaining rather than educational, but maybe the powerlifting lifestyle will get some positive exposure during primetime (of coarse burying it on the Friday TV death night won’t elevate ratings and/or viewers).

Thanks,

I’ve been waiting for this to come on. I read about it at wannabebig. Just from watching the first couple minutes, this should be good.

place your bets on how many times teh evil steroids are mentioned

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
place your bets on how many times teh evil steroids are mentioned[/quote]

zero. Just watched the show, not once.

It was a good show. I liked how the PLs were clearly the better-adjusted family. Of course, they could’ve showcased a more feminine PL, but I was pleased that she had such a good head on her shoulders re: raising strong, happy, confident, caring girls. The PL dad stuck up for the girls too, which I liked.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
It was a good show. I liked how the PLs were clearly the better-adjusted family. Of course, they could’ve showcased a more feminine PL, but I was pleased that she had such a good head on her shoulders re: raising strong, happy, confident, caring girls. The PL dad stuck up for the girls too, which I liked.[/quote]

Yeah, the tea party mom raised a gay little bitch for a son. Haha.

The powerlifting parents though were some fat ugly mofo’s. Seriously, you couldn’t see the tiniest bit of muscle on either of them, they both had so much fat. Nutrition obviously was not a very big priority in that house. Is this the norm?

Anj, I think maybe once you get into the SHW class, you don’t care. She was clearly over 198, which is the border for women’s SHW. I’m in a heavier class, but you better believe that I want my abs to show!!! My coach is a 181 and looks amazing for late 40s, much better than any other man his age I know. You don’t have to be fat or unattractive to PL!!

sounds interesting, any links? which channel was it on and does it have an internet playback function (ala bbc i player)

Anj, I think maybe once you get into the SHW class, you don’t care. She was clearly over 198, which is the border for women’s SHW. I’m in a heavier class, but you better believe that I want my abs to show!!! My coach is a 181 and looks amazing for late 40s, much better than any other man his age I know. You don’t have to be fat or unattractive to PL!![/quote]

PL chicks can definitely be hot.
Kara Bohigian is an excellent example.
(and pushmepullme of course!) :wink:

Anywhere I could stream this? Sounds interesting.

here you go:

http://video.supernovatube.com/play.php?viewkey=354a60d33ca59499913c

The mom needed to step on a treadmill for a bit, maybe bump down a weight class

By golly…

I wasn’t very impressed with how they set it up as contrasting a “powerlifting family” versus a “classy” family who has “etiquette.”

Interesting show nonetheless. The dad “with etiquette” turned out to be pretty cool. But there’s more class in my pinkie toe than in that pretentious little punk of his son.

Although, the male children of around his age are always the most defensive of the changes made to the family (I do watch the show often, though it can be lame). Interesting. The female children of the same age are usually the most open to changes made.

Now, I’m off to eat a dead animal with my fingers off a barbell plate, since I gots no etikit.

HAHAHAHAHHA

halfway through it, when Eye Of The Tiger starts playing, and Sandy is like “lets bench this bitch”, was the greatest thing I’ve seen in a while.

You don’t have to be fat or unattractive to PL!![/quote]

Maybe YOU don’t.

They have a weak football team.

WTF is up with that son’s hair?

[quote]Hrastnik wrote:
here you go:

http://video.supernovatube.com/play.php?viewkey=354a60d33ca59499913c

[/quote]

Thanks watching it now…

traveling Tea party…haha

Thankyou for the link Hras.

Obviously thye found two extremes and put them together, it was quite entertaining never the less. I did prefer the powerlifting family, they seemed great. They all had their goals, and they worked towards something while having fun doing it.

The other family… Well they just seemed to carry on tradition for traditions sake.

Oh and - that boy was so gay.

[quote]theAnj wrote:
The powerlifting parents though were some fat ugly mofo’s. Seriously, you couldn’t see the tiniest bit of muscle on either of them, they both had so much fat. Nutrition obviously was not a very big priority in that house. Is this the norm?[/quote]

If you dont think Zane is yoked up look at his arms, look at his traps, look at his back. Other than that, dunno what to tell you.

It’s a little embarassing that the show managed to present the McCaslins in a great light - togetherness, doing everythign as a family, being considerate of Donna and throwing a tea party for HER - and this thread is going in the “theyre too fat, she was feminine enough” direction