Wife Just Got Prescribed Testosterone Sublingual Troches

I am interested too. Always seemed like an engineer to me (just based on how he approaches questions, and the way he writes).

1 Like

Awesome paper, thank you @lordgains!

Trying to catch up on the boldenone deep dive! Way 2 go.

Given the material that gets discussed, I prefer to remain anonymous. Just posting on here probably already risky given the internet these days. Thanks for asking.

As with everyone on here, please assume I am completely unqualified to do anything besides write (what I hope are) grammatically correct sentences and reasonable, evidence-based analyses that are for entertainment purposes only :slightly_smiling_face:! Ok, I admit, the entertainment value somewhat lacking.

Some thoughts I shared on this credentials thing:

I did not. As previously mentioned, wife told the Doc about some issues related to desire, dryness, etc and presto, here’s a script. We are flying by the seat of our pants right now

1 Like

I figured this after I posted. That would involve trying to cut the troches into smaller portions, which I’m sure the wife would tell me to stop messing with her meds!

No, no still same 2.5 mg per troche, just 3 a day instead of 2 if you wanted to titrate the Cavg up a little bit. Peaks (now 3 instead of 2) throughout the day would still be same (given extremely fast elimination), just average level over 24 hrs would increase a little. But again, if you are going for a more physiologic-like variation, then 2 a day probably a great start. If you wanted to even out the peak/trough, then perhaps another sub-Q option with shorter ester or the cream ideas I mentioned above. Guy over at EM running a Test Prop/Test E blend that’s pretty slick.

Maybe I missed it above, but was it just the testosterone troches or did they prescribe progesterone or estrogen, etc?

Rx was for Test, but I pulled some data from a multi-ingredient troche paper to demonstrate some PK profiles.

I’d be very open and appreciative of a grammatically correct unqualified evidence based opinion every now and then helping me to try and get dialled in.

You’re clearly exceptionally well read.

Ok, I like the suggestion of readalot to take a small amount sub q just for some baseline T and then add the troches 2 times a day, preferentially at the time her natural test levels would spike.

The part of the study readalot provided is the interesting part. In pre menopausal as well as in post menopausal women diurnal rhythm of T secretion is present. There’s benefits to having a pulse of T instead of a continuous dose but you’ll have to make the determination through blood work how it works with buccal troshes.

Then there’s this graph from the first study:

It shows that T supplementation increases E2 the most (looks physiological to me) and:

The transbuccal route is a novel approach to administering sex hormones to postmenopausal women. Pharmacokinetic profiles of hormones suggest that physiological patterns of the concentrations of all natural hormones can be readily achieved by this route.

Id give it a shot for a few months before jumping to sub q T.

We’ve used them, barely, with just a few guys, in and out fairly quickly.

Had a woman use them, unknown to me, on top of her cream. She would take it prior to a workout. Once she went for her follow-up labs after a workout and, busted, her testosterone was mid range, for a guy.

Has she given any thought to a transdermal cream? If I recall correctly, troches are more expensive than the cream.

Just test

Definitely. Not going to rock the boat for a while.

1 Like

At this point, she is just following the Dr’s advice. Plus she seems to like the convenience of the troche and they taste good to her so that’s always a plus.

OK, good luck. I had a couple of guys use them prior to workouts or sex. Or, sexual workouts?

JUST RIGHT… Maybe not enough. I like to learn!

This is not a plot for women unless they have a scrotum. Women do great with a once daily peri vaginal application of a compounded cream. There is NEVER a need for a female to inject. They can but there is no need.

Hey @studhammer, just wanted to check in to see how this is affecting your wife. Is she doing well? Any sides? Has she been back to see her doctor? I’ve been exploring test, mostly creams, and your post peaked my interest.

-Bunny

When it comes to female HRT, its far more complicated and a balance does have to be achieved. A professional on female HRT would be the best way to approach this. With that said, my wife is on HRT, and she takes sermorelin troches, pregnolone, progesterone along with T cream. Shes going to switch over to Test pellets which have been very successful in other patients. As for men, Im not a believer in pellets since the levels need to be higher and more manageable. As for women, the pellets are slowly titrated up or down after testing. Her Doc is devoted to female HRT and was recommended by a female retired IFBB bodybuilding champion, whom we both know. I will have to say that after 5 months the change is apparent. I completely understand why this thread was started and the concern with what was prescribed to your wife with no testing. A baseline wouldve been nice to begin with.

Thank you for asking?

There are some positive changes. She said she is thinking more “sexy thoughts” but her libido hasn’t really improved. With that said, she is a division director at work and has a ton of responsibility which occupies most of her thoughts. From what little I know about women, its hard for them to disconnect with everything going in in their mind and think about sex.