T Nation

Wife Carrying

So I think I’ve convinced my wife to do this. I’m pretty sure this is the best sport around. If you win, you get the woman’s weight in beer, and 5 times the woman’s weight on dollars.

Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this. I’m trying to find some local competitions, but about the only one I can find is the North American Wife Carrying Championship http://www.meetup.com/PhiladelphiaAdventure/calendar/11472034/.

What a great way to combine women, strength, beer, and sticking it to feminists.

Haha

“Experienced teams and all winners to date employ the highly-technical Estonian carry, which has the woman upside down with arms wrapped around the man’s waist and her legs draped over his shoulders. This frees the man’s arms for balance and negotiating the obstacles.”

LOL. Awesome.

haha that is the shit. I should get married nyow, but just kidding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIB9UcA5iQU

gotta love youtube

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
haha that is the shit. I should get married nyow, but just kidding[/quote]

You don’t need to be legally married to her to do the race.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
haha that is the shit. I should get married nyow, but just kidding[/quote]

You don’t need to be legally married to her to do the race.[/quote]
ya don’t say…

I would sooooo do this. Don’t think I would bring meh purse thou:)

EDIT: The Estonian carry is illustrated here by the lady in the red helmet!

[quote]MikiB wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIB9UcA5iQU

gotta love youtube[/quote]

That video just makes me so proud of being a Finn… lol.

I would so do this but when I mentioned it to my wife she gave me the stinkeye.