Wierd Work Sched..... Help

So I just changed potions and now I work 4 days on 4 days off…the days I work…I work 12 hour shifts and after work I have no time to work out. So I need help figuring out a work out routine I can do on my 4 days off. I’m no sure if I should work out only 2 of those days and give my body rest in between, or work out all 4 days and let my body rest the 4 days I work…anyone have and suggestions? Maybe a routine that will fit my crazy shedule?

I’m 5’'7, weigh 170 lbs…

I’m looking to get stronger…and gain some size.

I’ve been going to the gym for about a month and a half straight now, working out every other day, but now my shedule has changed…

its not the first time I’ve ever worked out…but it’s been about 1 1/2 since the last time I really was in shape and worked out.
Any help?

Really you have many choices depends on how many of those days you want to be in the gym.

Heck you could do it all on one day and rest.

You could do a slpit like push/pull/legs/arms.

a couple full body say on thje first day off and last day off making the second session very brutal as you’ll have four days to recover.

you could do 3-4 days stright of full body then be nearing overtraining only to then take 4 days off.

Pick your poison what ever you will be consistant and give the effort to dont be affriad to experiment.

Id prob opt for the two full body of three

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Really you have many choices depends on how many of those days you want to be in the gym.

Heck you could do it all on one day and rest.

You could do a slpit like push/pull/legs/arms.

a couple full body say on thje first day off and last day off making the second session very brutal as you’ll have four days to recover.

you could do 3-4 days stright of full body then be nearing overtraining only to then take 4 days off.

Pick your poison what ever you will be consistant and give the effort to dont be affriad to experiment.

Id prob opt for the two full body of three

Phill[/quote]

yea right now it looks like my best bet is to hit the gym for a full body on my first and last day off…

I wanted to start the ABBH program…but it look like I’ll have to wait on that one. Thanks for your help

I’m a shift worker too. I work EOWEO. If you have 4 on, 4 off, I would work out those four days off. Four days of recovery is a long time to be away from the gym. I suggest make each day off a good workout.

Of course I manage to get my workouts either before I work nights, or after I work days.

What about after your last 12 hour shift or before your first one?
That would bump you up to 5 every 8 days, still not ideal, but better.

There is the option of losing a bit of sleep. I work a three day 13 hour shift schedule. On the days I work, only get about six hours of sleep. Then on my first day off only five hours of sleep to force my body to switch sleep cycles. That gives plenty of time to get into the gym.

Not the best option, but sometimes you have to push through anyway. What amazes me is how the body adapts and your ‘mental toughness’ increases.

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
I’m a shift worker too. I work EOWEO. If you have 4 on, 4 off, I would work out those four days off. Four days of recovery is a long time to be away from the gym. I suggest make each day off a good workout.

Of course I manage to get my workouts either before I work nights, or after I work days.[/quote]

yea but dont I need a day of rest in between workouts? Or is that not always true?

[quote]agamemnon5150 wrote:
BIGRAGOO wrote:

Of course I manage to get my workouts either before I work nights, or after I work days.

yea but dont I need a day of rest in between workouts? Or is that not always true?[/quote]

You dont need a rest day everyother day for example for me:

Monday: on
Tuesday: on
Wed: off
Thur:on
Fri:off
Sat:on
Sun:off

I know lots of people that will do Mon and tues on, wed off then thur and fri on sat and sun off orlight work.