Widen my Hips?

chainsaw could take care of that inner thigh fat.

but then where would he rest his head when he was finished?

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
chainsaw could take care of that inner thigh fat.

but then where would he rest his head when he was finished? [/quote]

WFT?! LOL!

well… people differ with respect to how much guys and girls should train the same or different… guess i pretty much come down in the ‘pretty much the same’ camp.

here are two things you can do (unless you want to see a surgeon about implants to widen your hips)

1. lose fat
  2. gain muscle

of both those goals the second is thought to be the hardest. it will also take the longest. so… the standard view is to work very hard on that and worry about fat loss later (if you eat clean - cut the crap food then you might find your body composition changes favorably along the way - i know mine has). that could result in firmer inner thighs (if not spaghetti thin) and more shaply booty / legs)

with respect to the details… (e.g., ‘i wanna build up my glutes’ or ‘i wanna shape my legs’) the standard view is to worry about gaining muscle first and THEN (once you have a solid base of muscle mass and strength to work with) you can worry about a more advanced program to bring up particular weaknesses.

what my worry is… is that you don’t wanna work your upper body (e.g., if anything you are thinking of one pound dumbbells) because you are worried that your upper body is overdeveloped. but… what are your stats? if your shoulders are too big then tell me how much do you bench press? how much do you overhead press?

in beginners (and it is sounding like you are one since you don’t tell us how many years you have been training or what your lift stats are) EVERYTHING is underdeveloped.

so…

1. get stronger.
  2. eat enough (clean!) food to fuel the muscle gains.

step back and watch the body composition changes happen (especially if you haven’t seriously strength trained before).

then once you are strong and have a decent muscle mass base you can be in the position to see what if any a-symmetries you have and worry about more advanced isolation exercises in order to bring up your weaknesses.

i think that is what people would tell you if you were a guy, anyway. even if you were a guy who wanted to build up their lagging chest and / or shoulders (to create the x shape) you would be told the same thing… create a base first and ONLY THEN worry about particular a-symmetries.

or…

you could probably go find something on figure athletes.

or keep up with your clamshells. how they working out for you??

Thank you everyone for your advice! :slight_smile:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

omg that is awesome

ok I go away

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

omg that is awesome

ok I go away[/quote]

Isn’t it? That video gets me psyched up every time. GLUTES!!