Wide Shoulders: Question

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:
Thanks a lot guys, I’ll do my best. This is gonna be my last question:

So with training and diet in check, if I get very strong on OHP, will I have relatively well developed side delts too? [/quote]

You know what? I’ll just go ahead and say yes. Might as well, since you seem to only want a yes or no. My best OHP is 245. My best bench press is 375. My best deadlift is 585. And I can do a lot of pullups. If you can achieve these numbers, you’ll probably have similar delt development to me, as these are pretty much the only lifts I do to support delt growth.[/quote]

and just to be a dick I’m going to say no.

I do no overhead pressing whatsoever and train my shoulders entirely with raises. They’re the best they’ve ever looked, way better than when I used the OHP[/quote]

I should clarify. I was mostly suggesting if you reach truly big OHP numbers, you’ll probably end up with shoulders you can be proud of. I don’t see mid 200’s OHP’s very often in the first place, and I’ve never seen a guy do this with small delts.

I don’t think OHP is the best way to achieve this look. I just think it can work. Although it’s kind of a silly point, as others have mentioned. You’ll never see a guy with a 900 lbs squat and small legs, but that doesn’t mean you have to squat 900 to get big legs.
[/quote]

I know, mate. I’m in full agreement with you[/quote]

I’m also of the opinion that quality supplementation helps delt growth immensely. Thoughts?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

So with training and diet in check, if I get very strong on OHP, will I have relatively well developed side delts too? [/quote]

You know what? I’ll just go ahead and say yes. Might as well, since you seem to only want a yes or no. My best OHP is 245. My best bench press is 375. My best deadlift is 585. And I can do a lot of pullups. If you can achieve these numbers, you’ll probably have similar delt development to me, as these are pretty much the only lifts I do to support delt growth.[/quote]

I do no overhead pressing whatsoever and train my shoulders entirely with raises. They’re the best they’ve ever looked, way better than when I used the OHP[/quote]

I should clarify. I was mostly suggesting if you reach truly big OHP numbers, you’ll probably end up with shoulders you can be proud of. I don’t see mid 200’s OHP’s very often in the first place, and I’ve never seen a guy do this with small delts.

I don’t think OHP is the best way to achieve this look. I just think it can work. Although it’s kind of a silly point, as others have mentioned. You’ll never see a guy with a 900 lbs squat and small legs, but that doesn’t mean you have to squat 900 to get big legs.
[/quote]

I’m also of the opinion that quality supplementation helps delt growth immensely. Thoughts?[/quote]

Wouldn’t that be true for all muscle groups?

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

Yea, you’re being a dick. :stuck_out_tongue:

OP, do whatever the fuck you want. Many things will work if you just focus on them. At your point, I would go with overhead pressing. Just stop asking inconsequential questions.
[/quote]

OP, I really think you’re losing track of the bigger picture here. From your (many, many) other threads, I think its fair to say you have bigger fish to fry than side delt training.

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

I’m also of the opinion that quality supplementation helps delt growth immensely. Thoughts?[/quote]

Wouldn’t that be true for all muscle groups?[/quote]

A lot of people believe (and this may be bro science, but it seems to have been the case with me), that there are more androgen receptors in the delt/trap area, and that supplementation can cause additional site-specific growth. Actually it’s a fact that these areas have more androgen receptors. How this relates to real-world growth is the debatable part.

My OHP went up 40 lbs between the end of March and a few days ago, and I didn’t do OHP one time in that period. As far as my physique goes, delts and legs have probably changed the most since I started. Legs because that’s been my biggest focus. Either Bench pressing alone made my OHP that much better, or the supplementation was that effective.

Here is what I did:

1. drop the bench press temporarily.
  2. Press two days a week. (1 day heavy, second day volume)
  3. That’s it.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

A lot of people believe (and this may be bro science, but it seems to have been the case with me), that there are more androgen receptors in the delt/trap area, and that supplementation can cause additional site-specific growth. Actually it’s a fact that these areas have more androgen receptors. How this relates to real-world growth is the debatable part.

My OHP went up 40 lbs between the end of March and a few days ago, and I didn’t do OHP one time in that period. As far as my physique goes, delts and legs have probably changed the most since I started. Legs because that’s been my biggest focus. Either Bench pressing alone made my OHP that much better, or the supplementation was that effective.[/quote]

Interesting. I’ve never heard this even though it makes sense.

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

My OHP went up 40 lbs between the end of March and a few days ago, and I didn’t do OHP one time in that period. As far as my physique goes, delts and legs have probably changed the most since I started. Legs because that’s been my biggest focus. Either Bench pressing alone made my OHP that much better, or the supplementation was that effective.[/quote]

Interesting. I’ve never heard this even though it makes sense.[/quote]

it’s a big part of what is considered ‘the steroid look’, if such a thing truly exists. I’m a believer. For better or worse, I believe I have that look now.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

it’s a big part of what is considered ‘the steroid look’, if such a thing truly exists. I’m a believer. For better or worse, I believe I have that look now.
[/quote]

I’m pretty convinced it exists. See a lot of users with traps and delts that are just ludicrous!

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

Crap. I was hoping for a pillow fight.[/quote]

you only have to ask!

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m pretty convinced it exists. See a lot of users with traps and delts that are just ludicrous![/quote]

Yeah I’ve seen guys where it’s literally all they have. Kind of like Tom Hardy in Warrior.

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I’m pretty convinced it exists. See a lot of users with traps and delts that are just ludicrous![/quote]

Yeah I’ve seen guys where it’s literally all they have. Kind of like Tom Hardy in Warrior.[/quote]

I think it’s more to do with glycogen/nitrogen retention and the specific location of the delts that make them seem to “pop” more when on supps. Reason being I’ve used stuff with non-receptor mediated effects alone(yeah I did. Come on it was like 12 years ago!) and achieved a similar result.

Pillow fight?

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I’ve seen guys where it’s literally all they have. Kind of like Tom Hardy in Warrior.[/quote]

I think it’s more to do with glycogen/nitrogen retention and the specific location of the delts that make them seem to “pop” more when on supps. Reason being I’ve used stuff with non-receptor mediated effects alone(yeah I did. Come on it was like 12 years ago!) and achieved a similar result.

Pillow fight?[/quote]

dt79 just admitted to a drol only cycle! Let him forever be shamed!

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pillow fight?[/quote]

dt79 just admitted to a drol only cycle! Let him forever be shamed![/quote]

Dbol + deca actually.

Uh oh…

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pillow fight?[/quote]

Dbol + deca actually.

Uh oh…[/quote]

Simone333? Is that you?

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pillow fight?[/quote]

Dbol + deca actually.

Uh oh…[/quote]

Simone333? Is that you?
[/quote]

Deca + winny? I not do! Infamnia! Like Godfather 3!

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Steez wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]GetBigs wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pillow fight?[/quote]

Dbol + deca actually.

Uh oh…[/quote]

Simone333? Is that you?
[/quote]

Deca + winny? I not do! Infamnia! Like Godfather 3![/quote]

HAHA!