T Nation

Wide Shoulder Workout?

i dont have a wide upper body structure, thus making my 6ft tall 196 lb body looking rather small. (friend is 2 inches an 15-20 lbs smaller but looks bigger than me) No matter what shoulder workouts i do, they never tend to grow. Can anyone give me a good shoulder blasting workout? im currently doing the Velocity Diet.

If you think you’re small somehow, I don’t understand why you’re doing the velocity diet. Are you at the beginning or the end of the diet? If you’re at the beginning and weigh 196 lbs at 6 ft AND want to look bigger, you’re doing something wrong.

You need to give more info. Are you doing the workouts of VD? How much time do you have left? How are you planning to train afterwards etc.

My guess is that after you answer those questions I will suggest upping the frequency of shoulder workouts and adding some volume to your back width exercises like pulldowns and pullups. Make sure you stretch your lats after your sets. And eat more to grow

If you want the illusion of shoulder width quick, look up CT’s superhero program.

If you want a truly impressive physique, concentrate on overall growth before specializing. Dedicate yourself to a lifestyle of intelligent training and nutrition so you might reap the rewards of competing with YOURSELF instead of with others.

If your looking for size , try going at a 2,0,6 tempo , If you want strength and size go for 0-1, 0 , 8 tempo 0-1 means explosive push , use this for ur shoulder workouts ,go for absolute faliure, this should shock new growth into them :wink: ,
also , a big physique is charactarized by overall upper body development
try going for higher intensity on back and chest .

I’m perplexed too.
After all, it makes perfect sense that a restrictively reduced calorie diet designed to lower your bodyweight as soon as possible will also give you the increased shoulder width that usually accompanies significant bodyweight and lean mass gain.

[quote]Ahmadov wrote:
If your looking for size , try going at a 2,0,6 tempo , If you want strength and size go for 0-1, 0 , 8 tempo 0-1 means explosive push , use this for ur shoulder workouts ,go for absolute faliure, this should shock new growth into them :wink: ,
also , a big physique is charactarized by overall upper body development
try going for higher intensity on back and chest .[/quote]

I think that’s over-complicating things, just lift heavy.

[quote]theceka wrote:
If you think you’re small somehow, I don’t understand why you’re doing the velocity diet. Are you at the beginning or the end of the diet? If you’re at the beginning and weigh 196 lbs at 6 ft AND want to look bigger, you’re doing something wrong.

You need to give more info. Are you doing the workouts of VD? How much time do you have left? How are you planning to train afterwards etc.

My guess is that after you answer those questions I will suggest upping the frequency of shoulder workouts and adding some volume to your back width exercises like pulldowns and pullups. Make sure you stretch your lats after your sets. And eat more to grow[/quote]

well i started the diet because i had a bit of bodyfat on me (gain fat easy)and wanted to start building muscle with relatively low bf, and at 196 6ft tall i honostly look small, iive seen ppl witht he same height as me look much bigger at same body weight. i have 1 more week to go with the diet and i am following the VD workouts.

could it be that im big bones? amirite?

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
I’m perplexed too.
After all, it makes perfect sense that a restrictively reduced calorie diet designed to lower your bodyweight as soon as possible will also give you the increased shoulder width that usually accompanies significant bodyweight and lean mass gain.[/quote]

BINGO!

No, you’re just skinny

[quote]350gt wrote:
could it be that im big bones? amirite?[/quote]

If you had big bones you wouldn’t have a girly frame.

The OP wrote:

[quote]
i dont have a wide upper body structure, thus making my 6ft tall 196 lb body looking rather small. (friend is 2 inches an 15-20 lbs smaller but looks bigger than me) No matter what shoulder workouts i do, they never tend to grow. Can anyone give me a good shoulder blasting workout? im currently doing the Velocity Diet.[/quote]

But, this is all I read:

[quote]350gt wrote:

blah blah blah never tend to grow.

blah blah blah im currently doing the Velocity Diet.[/quote]

I’m not sure there is much to discuss here that hasn’t been beaten to death several times in the past few weeks alone.