WI Recall

As a born- Wisconsinite (I have since moved), here’s hoping Walker wins. Time for fiscal sanity to materialize and for the unions to join the 21st century. I also don’t believe in recalls -that why we have elections.

This is a highly polarizing topic, and the expectation is record voter turn out. Go Walker!

It looks like Walker will win this, any updates from over there ?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/governor/wi/wisconsin_governor_recall_election_walker_vs_barrett-3056.html

Everything is looking to Walker to win. I think he has a big money advantage. He appears to have a lot more TV and radio ads. Polls are all going his way. The state is divided almost exactly in half with only something like 4% undecided. In WI, you either love or hate Walker. Almost no one loves Barrett. Turnout should be huge. With so few undecideds, most think the “get out the vote” campaign will decide things.

I have driven through WI 5 or six times in the last year. You can tell Walker has more money but the signs anti Walker ,hand written and all out number the pro Walkers. Also most of the pro Walker signs seem to be in front of businesses

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I have driven through WI 5 or six times in the last year. You can tell Walker has more money but the signs anti Walker ,hand written and all out number the pro Walkers. Also most of the pro Walker signs seem to be in front of businesses [/quote]

And the anti-Walker signs are in front of Union headquarters ?

I don’t know if those signs are in yards of Union members or not but there are I would guess 10 to 1

This is an interesting clip of Walker / Barret debate

Unions are powerful forces…and they can be a good thing.

But in this day and age, 100 year old union policies/practices simply do not work.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

But in this day and age, 100 year old union policies/practices simply do not work.[/quote]

This. Unions are there for a reason and I’m not saying they should be abolished, but simply put, they have way too much power these days.

CS

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

But in this day and age, 100 year old union policies/practices simply do not work.[/quote]

This. Unions are there for a reason and I’m not saying they should be abolished, but simply put, they have way too much power these days.

CS[/quote]

Yep.

But any attempt at reigning them in is met with zealot level resistance.

THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!

Unions used to have power , they have been gutted by the likes of Ronald Reagan . I do not see a return of labor unions I see a labor party, The so called Conservatives will cry Communism

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Unions used to have power , they have been gutted by the likes of Ronald Reagan . I do not see a return of labor unions I see a labor party, The so called Conservatives will cry Communism [/quote]

Actually, taking away special extra privileges of union corporations didn’t directly kill them. Workers not wanting to join them did.

Turns out when you give a worker the right to choose to join or not, many times, they won’t give some of their earnings to a corporation that does little to nothing for them.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Unions used to have power , they have been gutted by the likes of Ronald Reagan . I do not see a return of labor unions I see a labor party, The so called Conservatives will cry Communism [/quote]

Turns out when you give a worker the right to choose to join or not, many times, they won’t give some of their earnings to a corporation that does little to nothing for them.[/quote]

What a novel concept.

As much as I am a total lefty, I disagree with the recall concept. The voters made their decision, were they misled (imagine a politician doing that) maybe, but it serves as a valuable lesson in “every vote counts”, now instead of running the state of Wisconsin, Scott Walker is spending his time running for an election that he already won. I’m not a fan of spilled milk politics, wait the 4 years and vote his ass out then if you don’t like him, lesson learned.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

Which is why you have to be willing to change with the times.

Unfortunately I really can’t cry for the workers there, they paid $0 towards anything. I think a person should contribute to their health care and their pension (but I worked private sector before being hired and we have a good relationship with our district).

But I think it should have been done at a negotiating table first, not the Obama way using your majority to over run the other party. (see Obamacare)

But as for the recall, I don’t see it working.

This is too close to call. You gotta believe the exit polls. No need to count the real votes

Called for Walker.

Knockout by Walker. This is a clear voice by the state of Wisconsin that Walker needs to keep up his policies. Hope the other states are watching

[quote]ghost87 wrote:
Knockout by Walker. This is a clear voice by the state of Wisconsin that Walker needs to keep up his policies. Hope the other states are watching [/quote]

Pretty impressive turnout as well, over 2.3 million total votes cast with the difference when I looked at it being just over 171,000 total votes.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

Actually, taking away special extra privileges of union corporations didn’t directly kill them. Workers not wanting to join them did.

Turns out when you give a worker the right to choose to join or not, many times, they won’t give some of their earnings to a corporation that does little to nothing for them.[/quote]

Zing!

CS

Walker is an American hero in my book. The unions abused their power.
SOMEONE has to get a clue on fiscal responsibility in government.
If only we could clone the Walkers and the Christies!

I heard on the radio today that the left wants to BORROW MORE MONEY (!) and spend it because ITS SO CHEAP NOW!!..‘Must borrow and spend when interest rates are so low!!’

God help us, its like these guys are on crack!