Why You Shouldn't Sag Your Pants

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Ruged wrote:
seriously tho, the HUGE baggy shorts and baggy t-shirts drapped over and hanging out makes it impossible to see the lifter’s form, and whether or not he’s lifting correctly.
people need to learn that basketball shoes are meant for playing basketball, when you’re lifting weight, springing bouncy is not good, you need a stable firm base. Likewise excess clothing hanging loose and baggy is counter productive.

WTF?

This thread is now about how to dress while lifting?

Would you mind telling me what I should wear in the gym as well. Are tank tops/sleeveless shirts ok?

I think it’s stupid to wear long basketball shorts while squatting. They catch on your knees and they make it difficult to judge depth. Also, if you’re sagging them you look retarded while squatting.

The guy does have a point.[/quote]

I wear long Under Armour shorts every time I lift…including when I train legs and they cause no problem…so I should avoid wearing them, why?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Ruged wrote:
seriously tho, the HUGE baggy shorts and baggy t-shirts drapped over and hanging out makes it impossible to see the lifter’s form, and whether or not he’s lifting correctly.
people need to learn that basketball shoes are meant for playing basketball, when you’re lifting weight, springing bouncy is not good, you need a stable firm base. Likewise excess clothing hanging loose and baggy is counter productive.

WTF?

Would you mind telling me what I should wear in the gym as well. Are tank tops/sleeveless shirts ok?

I think it’s stupid to wear long basketball shorts while squatting. They catch on your knees and they make it difficult to judge depth. Also, if you’re sagging them you look retarded while squatting.

The guy does have a point.

I wear long Under Armour shorts every time I lift…including when I train legs and they cause no problem…so I should avoid wearing them, why?
[/quote]

It’s personal preference, but I find when I’m squatting that if I wear shorts that go past my knees, they catch on my kneecaps on the negative. I find it distracting. I don’t know if you do any back squats on your leg days, but I’m sure you know that you can’t hike them up to avoid this.

Of course, if you’re doing hack squat or leg press, this isn’t an issue.

Professor X wrote:
165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Ruged wrote:

WTF?

It’s personal preference, but I find when I’m squatting that if I wear shorts that go past my knees, they catch on my kneecaps on the negative. I find it distracting. I don’t know if you do any back squats on your leg days, but I’m sure you know that you can’t hike them up to avoid this.

Of course, if you’re doing hack squat or leg press, this isn’t an issue.[/quote]

It isn’t an issue regardless. I don’t know even one black guy who wears short shorts. It is a cultural issue. Not only that, but most of the guys I see lifting avoid legs altogether so harping on their dress code when doing so makes little sense.

You dress in whatever way makes you comfortable and allows you to lift. I have never had a problem with long shorts and the idea of not wearing them to train legs still doesn’t make much sense to me. What, I now have to buy special shorts just to squat in?

165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Ruged wrote:

WTF?

It isn’t an issue regardless. I don’t know even one black guy who wears short shorts. It is a cultural issue. Not only that, but most of the guys I see lifting avoid legs altogether so harping on their dress code when doing so makes little sense.

You dress in whatever way makes you comfortable and allows you to lift. I have never had a problem with long shorts and the idea of not wearing them to train legs still doesn’t make much sense to me. What, I now have to buy special shorts just to squat in?[/quote]

Well, I’m not talking about ‘short shorts’. I just mean shorts where you can see the bottom half of your knee. When I’m outside the weightroom I wear shorts that go down to upper calf just because that’s the way I dress. You’re 100 percent right about the black guy thing. Not one of my friends wears shorter length shorts.

Do you sag your shorts while training? Wearing long shorts as long as they’re not sagged is completely fine. However, I find it distracting when the hem of my shorts catches on my knees while squatting, and I also don’t like the feeling of the waistband of my shorts being anywhere below my waist.

Professor X wrote:
165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Ruged wrote:

WTF?

You dress in whatever way makes you comfortable and allows you to lift. I have never had a problem with long shorts and the idea of not wearing them to train legs still doesn’t make much sense to me. What, I now have to buy special shorts just to squat in?

Well, I’m not talking about ‘short shorts’. I just mean shorts where you can see the bottom half of your knee. When I’m outside the weightroom I wear shorts that go down to upper calf just because that’s the way I dress. You’re 100 percent right about the black guy thing. Not one of my friends wears shorter length shorts.

Do you sag your shorts while training? Wearing long shorts as long as they’re not sagged is completely fine. However, I find it distracting when the hem of my shorts catches on my knees while squatting, and I also don’t like the feeling of the waistband of my shorts being anywhere below my waist. [/quote]

I don’t sag my shorts because I have an ass. The ONLY guys I see doing that are these guys following a trend who have no asses and they just fall down anyway.

Sagging in general went out of style with Jodeci. Some people just haven’t caught on. When you are still doing shit that got started in the 90’s and calling it trendy, it is time to revamp the wardrobe.

165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
165StateChamp wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Ruged wrote:

WTF?

Do you sag your shorts while training? Wearing long shorts as long as they’re not sagged is completely fine. However, I find it distracting when the hem of my shorts catches on my knees while squatting, and I also don’t like the feeling of the waistband of my shorts being anywhere below my waist.

I don’t sag my shorts because I have an ass. The ONLY guys I see doing that are these guys following a trend who have no asses and they just fall down anyway.

Sagging in general went out of style with Jodeci. Some people just haven’t caught on. When you are still doing shit that got started in the 90’s and calling it trendy, it is time to revamp the wardrobe.[/quote]

Good post.

[quote]King_Me wrote:
Standard Donkey wrote:

is this win?

actually this Is

I could really care less about sagging pants(one of the dumbest trends/ affectations in recent history) I just really want this quys job. For Vida Guerra, I’LL even wear the saggy pants with the drawers a showing

I don’t know even one black guy who wears short shorts. It is a cultural issue. [/quote]

Why must you make everything a racial issue when it’s obviously a sexual orientation issue? The OP is obviously gay and ergo sports soggy, shorty-shorts…to show off his lower knees you know…

Say X, on that point…do you know any good excercises that will work JUST my lower knees?

Thanks man. Mourn ya til I journ ya.

The last time sagging your pants was “new” or “en vogue”…about the time when En Vogue was still singing.

The last time sagging your pants was “new” or “en vogue”…about the time when En Vogue was still singing…[/quote]

… and about to go trout fishin’…

I wear whatever I happen to have on to the gym.

Prof X should be the spoke person for getting black people to workout their legs,

Professor X it’s more of a generational thing than black guy /white guy thing. guys under say 35 are into this xxxx size look and loooonngg baggy shorts, while older lifters don’t mind shorts thatstop at the knee or above.
but seriously I don’t get what’s so strange about the idea of certain attire being more suited for lifting than other attire. in almost every sport athletes have sport specific attire to some degree.
when you train Olympic lifts you don’t wear your Timberlands or a xxxx size T sagging down to your calves?

the heavily padded and springy basketball shoes are deinately NOT suited for serious heavy lifting.

[quote]Ruged wrote:
Professor X it’s more of a generational thing than black guy /white guy thing. guys under say 35 are into this xxxx size look and loooonngg baggy shorts, while older lifters don’t mind shorts thatstop at the knee or above.

but seriously I don’t get what’s so strange about the idea of certain attire being more suited for lifting than other attire. in almost every sport athletes have sport specific attire to some degree.
when you train Olympic lifts you don’t wear your Timberlands or a xxxx size T sagging down to your calves?

the heavily padded and springy basketball shoes are deinately NOT suited for serious heavy lifting.[/quote]

Your avatar instills the fear of impending gay rape in me.

[quote]Ruged wrote:

the heavily padded and springy basketball shoes are deinately NOT suited for serious heavy lifting.[/quote]

Wait, so you really spend this much time coming up with some list of your own opinion driven attire? I lift in what is comfortable to me. My shorts are “long” (or at least they are to the Hardy Boys here who apparently like shorts about the length of their tighty whities). I just did legs today. They didn’t hinder my movement AT ALL and I personally don’t give a shit about Olmypic lifts.

I think I have trained in every type of shoe possible and while I have my preference for what to train in, short of shaking my head at people wearing SANDALS in the gym, I have never deemed basketball shoes such a negative. I wore combat boots for at least a couple of years.