Most guys here have a TRT-doctor process that is very flawed. Please see below and see what you can borrow to enhance your TRT procedures.
Business as usual [BAU]:
- You inject once a week, TT, fT and E2 levels change every day, on one single lab is representative or very useful, you probably are feeling like crap on day 7.
- You get labs at doctor visit on day 7
- While there you talk about anything except lab data, do not have.
- Later on you get a call from a brain dead office assistant/nurse who says:
. “Your E2 is a little high, but that is OK”
. FT is midrange
. keep doing what you are doing
. does not provide you with lab results - you are blind
. cannot discuss or answer any questions
. end of phone call
Take Control [TC]:
- Inject T twice a week and take AI at that time, this will make make hormone labs steady and lab results meaningful.
- press for the labs that you need and get a lab order in hand
- do labs at doctors office or lab draw station 10-14 days before appointments with doctor
- do labs always halfway between injections to eliminate lab timing changes to lab results
- get lab data in hand before appointment, get opinions here and write down what you want changes and document how you have or have not been doing in terms of libido, sexual function, energy, fat loss, strength, mood etc
- in appointment with doctor, with two copies of your write up, drive conversation and keep doctor on points. Write up needs to be concise and to the point. If rambling doc will not read it.
- leave doctors office with agreed upon changes to protocol and next set of labs with lab order in hand
- prepaid labs are an option that might be of some advantage in your situation
- you could, in some USA States, get the labs on your own and supply to doctor if that saves you money.