Why Would HCG Injections Cause Severe Acute Joint / Tendon Pain?

I’m interested in a nerd-out right now. Calling all biology / hormone nerds. @KSman your attendance is obviously mandatory :slight_smile:

Taking HCG injections I developed severe joint pain in hands, arms, knees, and pretty much all over. You can see a bunch more reports online.

Im curious to do some exploratory thinking on what could cause this. I can eliminate right out of the gate that its low or high estrogen. I had that tested and it had actually risen to a better level than I was at prior. And it is not Testosterone being out of range either.

I actually had so much inflammation throughout my body while on it, that I ended up with swollen tendonitis in my palm and ended up at a hand doctor, who dug under my skin for a biopsy to see if it was a tumor. It ended up just being a significantly inflamed tendon, and the only thing that stopped it after weeks, was an injection of steroids into my hand.

That maybe the HCG was stimulating HGH and that was causing it. Any thoughts/comments? I am about to go on Androgel again and was in so much physical pain when I added HCG last time …

1 Like

I just wanted to add my experience with HCG also. I developed excruciating pain in my elbows, shoulders, and knuckles and wrists after taking HCG made by Pregnyl. When I first started taking HCG in conjunction with supplemental Tess (low T 48yo) I was taking an HCG that was formulated in a local lab and I had no issues. It took me 7 months of pain and anti-inflammatories to realize and research that there had been a change in the HCG from the beginning when it didn’t bother me. I’m on the search for a new lab because the 2 that are available to me now both use the brand name. I can’t tolerate the pain, so I’d rather just lose my testicle size and function. Let me know if you have a brand that doesn’t bother you! Thanks

How long after you switched to a different brand or stopped using it that the joint pain went away. I stopped using HCG completely, it’s been about 10 days and I’m still having joint pain

I’m experiencing the same symptoms after adding hcg, and joint pain is still present after remove it 2 weeks ago. How are you now?

Its called hormone fluctuation. If you simply keep on trucking, it will all resolve itself. I had this happen to me first 4 months on T. I was suddenly good to go after 3 months of bad elbows. Yep it was miserable, but its not permanent. You just have to accept that when you add HCG, hormones will begin to do their thing. Just because you stopped injecting it, doesnt mean your body is not still working it all out.