Why Use Steroids?

People are either not willing to put the time in to come close to their genetic potential naturally. Or they have already come close to it, and they need steroids to take them to that next level they want to get to, irrespective of competing.

I do it for Numerous reasons. First, I am a narcissist. To be candid, I am obssessed with my body. Second, I use it for birth control. It makes sex that much better and it has proven to be very successful at preventing an unwanted child thus far.

Finally, I can’t compete without it. It sort of levels the playing field. It has become a part of my life and I will continue to use until I am old and gray.

I’ve yet to ever do a cycle (but most likely will pretty soon)

I just want to be big and muscular so I can bang a lot of hot chicks.

I compete in combat sports as well, so theres something to be said for the recovery and strength aspects as well.

for my health

[quote]wolar32 wrote:
I do it for Numerous reasons. First, I am a narcissist. To be candid, I am obssessed with my body. Second, I use it for birth control. It makes sex that much better and it has proven to be very successful at preventing an unwanted child thus far.
[/quote]

Whare are you saying? You use steroids, in part, to make you infertile?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
wolar32 wrote:

Finally, I can’t compete without it. It sort of levels the playing field. It has become a part of my life and I will continue to use until I am old and gray.

Haha, I wouldn’t be too confident in the contraceptive properties of test or other aas. I mean I know that the World Health Organisation was looking at administering 200mg test/week as a form of contraception, BUT I know at least two guys who fathered children (2 kids each) whilst on heavy cycles. Neither of these guys mess around with small doses either and one of them is an IFBB pro…

bushy[/quote]

there’s also a damn good chance that someone else fathered the kids…

someone taking 1000mg or more a week will have ZERO live sperm count…

Yes, I use steroids to decrease my sperm count. It is a safe alternative and my wife loves it. I think it should be available for men in the U.S.

I have been married for 9 years and the only time my wife got pregnant was when I took a break from my year around use. So it has worked for me. I wouldnt say that it is as reliable as other methods though.

I think I read somewhere that it takes approximately 4 months of use before it is somewhat reliable. I cant validate those claims though, as it would seem that negative feedback on the hpta-axis would start sooner depending on the dosage.

Bushy I don’t like hearing that type of shit!! But it’s good to know as I’ve been Skeeet Skeeet Skeeeting in my girl every now and then, thinking that my 600 mgs of test a week was probably a decent form of birth control. Especially since I’ve been on for around 20+ weeks. Sometimes pulling out just isn’t an option.

I’m going to say that Skman gave a pretty damn good answer. Aside from that I’d like to say that the reasoning/lack off reasoning as to WHY these drugs are placed in the same ridiculing category as drugs like crack, dope, meth, oxcontin (sp), acid, X, ect. ect. is another reason why I can see someone might choose to disregaurd the law’s against steroids. The entire mentality of someone who just uses streriods (and does not ABUSE other drugs or alcohol) is not the same. I’m sure most of you can think of at least one person who they’ve seen ruin their lives with alcohol, or coke, or herion. Let me ask you this? Did you see them spending countless hours learing about the bodies endocrine system, or trying to understand the whole concept to how HCG works in the htpa. How many times did you see them schedule their days just right so they could go to work, eat 7 meals a day all containing at least 60 grams of protein 100 grams of carbs less then 5-10 grams of fat, lift as much weight as possible in the shorts amount of time as possible, ingest a properly balanced liquid protein/carb meal directly afterwards, and still have enough time to deal with family life, a girlfriend and homework? NEVER. Clearly every steroid user doesn’t fall into this category. Still the lifestyle of most of us is proabably WAY FUCKING HEALTHIER then more then half the poplulation. We get our bloodwork done more often (or we should). We have more SEX. We obvioulsy exercise more. Ect. ect.

All that taken into consideration, plus an unspeakable number of other reasons, and why not?

Wideguy, you make good points. But there are people that ruined their lives or at least caused themselves serious problems because of steroid use. I’ve known a few. Not everybody has done the research and determined what appropriate cycles and proper PCT are the way you have and everyone should. But it begs the question whether the law should be used as an instrument to protect people from themselves. And there’s no easy answer. In many instances we will use the law this way. But in other cases, we will leave people, as autonomous individuals with free agency, to make their own mistakes. One clue is that we make conduct illegal that we think will be particularly abused by children and adolescents. And there is the idea that inapproriate steroid use is too compelling to adolescent athletes. I’m personally not sure whether legalization with solid regulation would lead to more abuse or not.

I should probably have elaborated a little more. I am not using aas for birth control per se, nor would I recommend it. It has just worked out that way for me, which is an added benefit. However, if you are maried and your wife doesnt want to use birth control it can be somewhat reliable (depending on the doseage and duration of use). We really dont care if we have another baby, but we are not trying. Trust me, at 1000+ mg per week year around, sperm production would be almost insignificant.

I look at it this way. My time in the weight room is an investment in myself, just as supplements, a clean diet and other good-health promoting tools and ideas are. As such, I am out to make the greatest return on my investment I can, and the obvious way to do this with lifting performance is with efficient and effective doping application. Simple as that.

[quote]wolar32 wrote:
I should probably have elaborated a little more. I am not using aas for birth control per se, nor would I recommend it. It has just worked out that way for me, which is an added benefit. However, if you are maried and your wife doesnt want to use birth control it can be somewhat reliable (depending on the doseage and duration of use). We really dont care if we have another baby, but we are not trying. Trust me, at 1000+ mg per week year around, sperm production would be almost insignificant. [/quote]

Wolar, just curious, why the year round use? Do you do competitive bodybuilding? Doesn’t that make you worry about permanent, irreversible damage? I can understand not worrying about being fertile if you already have kids, but what about completely taking away your body’s ability to make test on its own? What about your prostate health? Do you plan on juicing so heavy for the rest of your life?

Again, I don’t judge anybody, so please don’t take this the wrong way. Just genuine curiosity.

• TF

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Wideguy, you make good points. But there are people that ruined their lives or at least caused themselves serious problems because of steroid use. I’ve known a few. Not everybody has done the research and determined what appropriate cycles and proper PCT are the way you have and everyone should. But it begs the question whether the law should be used as an instrument to protect people from themselves. And there’s no easy answer. In many instances we will use the law this way. But in other cases, we will leave people, as autonomous individuals with free agency, to make their own mistakes. One clue is that we make conduct illegal that we think will be particularly abused by children and adolescents. And there is the idea that inapproriate steroid use is too compelling to adolescent athletes. I’m personally not sure whether legalization with solid regulation would lead to more abuse or not.[/quote]

Always thought it was funny that cigarettes and booze are legal. But steroids are not. Ironic.

It’s not ironic. I won’t turn this into a politica discussion, but it’s not ironic. It’s more profitable to have people who are less interested in staying in shape.

Jsbrook I’m just wondering if you can give me some examples of people who used steroids (not abused) and still fall into the category you mentioned. ANyone I can think of who used steroids and ended up serious problems or ruined lives ALSO used/abused alcohol and/or other drugs. Sure there are exceptions to every rule. ALso the whole “protect the children arguement” is total fucking bullshit plain and simple. If it wasn’t then two legal substances that have been clinically proven for decades to cause SERIOUS health problems would be made illegal. I’m obviously talking about cigarettes and alcohol. So that arguement does not work.

[quote]Galvatron wrote:
I look at it this way. My time in the weight room is an investment in myself, just as supplements, a clean diet and other good-health promoting tools and ideas are. As such, I am out to make the greatest return on my investment I can, and the obvious way to do this with lifting performance is with efficient and effective doping application. Simple as that.[/quote]

I can see your point to an extent (though I don’t and never have used), but to some people, depending on their income, that wouldn’t be an efficient (money wise) way to reach your goals unless they were able to get a loan and pay off the expense in payments.

Maybe it would still be efficient, just not affordable.

It would also depend on your goals. If the goal is attainable naturaly, then it might be more cost effective to take the extra time to reach it. If the goal is not naturally attainable, then there’s realy no other option to reach your goal.

[quote]WideGuy wrote:
It’s not ironic. I won’t turn this into a politica discussion, but it’s not ironic. It’s more profitable to have people who are less interested in staying in shape.

Jsbrook I’m just wondering if you can give me some examples of people who used steroids (not abused) and still fall into the category you mentioned. ANyone I can think of who used steroids and ended up serious problems or ruined lives ALSO used/abused alcohol and/or other drugs. Sure there are exceptions to every rule. ALso the whole “protect the children arguement” is total fucking bullshit plain and simple. If it wasn’t then two legal substances that have been clinically proven for decades to cause SERIOUS health problems would be made illegal. I’m obviously talking about cigarettes and alcohol. So that arguement does not work.[/quote]

Well, I don’t know anyone who personally ruined there lives from steroids. But I do know various athletes who used without properly figuring out solid cycles and without doing proper PCT. Some suffered-adverse lipid profiles among other things.

I think the amount of high school and college athletes who would use steroids improperly to fulfill their dreams is larger than many would think. I’m not saying that steroids should be illegal. I’m not sure how I feel about it. But it doesn’t follow that steroids should be legal just because alcohol and cigarettes cause plenty of harm and should [arguably] be illegal and aren’t.

Maybe all of them should be illegal. Or maybe none of the should. Remember, we did try to make alcohol illegal. But use was so widespread and so rampant and the population was so resistant that doing so did not accomplish any of the movement’s goals. I’m not sure the same is true for steroids.

If use were restricted to those 21 and up, I really don’t know that more dumb jocks with no business using and who don’t take the time to research properly (and I’ve had plenty of teamates and friends who’ve fallen into this category) wouldn’t be using than is currently the case.

I don’t use them.

Why? Because I’m 18… I would however consider them in the future when I am sure that I have grown to my full potential naturally, and am not satisfied with what I have done without “gear”. I do think that I will see more positives in doing it naturally until I have a good excuse not to.

I figure my nuts produce enough test for me to gain what I want, I do take some Biotest supps, and protein shakes… like everyone else.

IMO it’s all about the food and dedication. Gear is just a plateu buster, and at 18, I don’t think I’m gonna have any trouble getting where I want.

Yes, I compete. For me, I started doing regular cycles(12 on, 12 off), then after 6 years it spiraled into year around use. I do worry about permanent damage. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I had to take a six month hiatus. Now that my health is back, I am going to start again with hopes of competing in May or Sept of 06.