Why Threads Can't Stay On Topic

Snortin coke while lifting will make your nostrils cavernously hyuuuuge! Its like supersetting a garbage truck with a c.d. player!

[quote]haney wrote:
Why is it almost every thread that is a hot button runs the spectrum of wild crazy ideas. It is almost like the crazy gene comes out in full force when a good topic comes up. It is really sad when good topics get destroyed.

Does anyone have any idea why we can’t keep things on topic?[/quote]

For Articles
1 - Read the whole article before you ask a question.
2 - Reread the article before you post a question.

For Forum Posts
3 - Read an article before you post a question.
4 - Maybe, just maybe, you’re not the first newbie that wants to gain muscle and loss fat. Look at some of the posts they wrote. Which will lead you to the articles.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
haney wrote:
Why is it almost every thread that is a hot button runs the spectrum of wild crazy ideas. It is almost like the crazy gene comes out in full force when a good topic comes up. It is really sad when good topics get destroyed.

Does anyone have any idea why we can’t keep things on topic?

For Articles
1 - Read the whole article before you ask a question.
2 - Reread the article before you post a question.

For Forum Posts
3 - Read an article before you post a question.
4 - Maybe, just maybe, you’re not the first newbie that wants to gain muscle and loss fat. Look at some of the posts they wrote. Which will lead you to the articles.[/quote]

YOU LIE!!!

No one has EVER asked about creatine before!!

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
Atheist debaters are more often than not more polite and respectful and less prone to bursts of stupidity and ranting than their christian counterparts. [/quote]

That’s BS. ALL sides of the debate are equally capable of rudeness, stupidity, ranting, disrespect.
For anybody to believe any different is simply projecting their personal biases.

Tube Steak Boogie!

[quote]mark57 wrote:
Hey, do any of you guys want to go ride bikes?

[/quote]

LOL, this was funny. Man, I wish I was 10 again.

Let’s go do some jumps.

Commercials suck.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
pookie wrote:
On other forums, moderators moderate.

Here, you only get censored if you dare question the efficiency of the supplements sold on the front page.

Other than that, pretty much anything goes.

This one might not make it through either. :slight_smile:

Its only a flesh wound. HAVE AT YOU![/quote]

For some reason, that made me laugh out loud. For real. So here’s an honest LOL.

[quote]KJ Bridgewater wrote:
Proteinpowda wrote:
Atheist debaters are more often than not more polite and respectful and less prone to bursts of stupidity and ranting than their christian counterparts.

That’s BS. ALL sides of the debate are equally capable of rudeness, stupidity, ranting, disrespect.
For anybody to believe any different is simply projecting their personal biases.
[/quote]

“The world holds two classes of men - intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.” - Abu’l-Ala-Al-Ma’arri (973-1057) Syrian poet.

See? We can be rude, but we do it in subtle ways. With subtilty…er, subtlety I mean. :slight_smile:

[quote]vroom wrote:
Commercials suck.[/quote]

This one doesn’t:

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/commercials/snickersbald/

Who here is a Virgin.

I am. I am really sad by this. I’m in a freakin Testosterone forum.

That Asian Vixen thread makes me happy and down at the same time.

Well, I thought we stayed pretty much on track in the “Professor X Who Is He?” thread.

Seriously though, it’s because you guys are all under 35. We never do this on the OVER 35 forum.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=550116

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

Did any of you guys know that some offensive cartoons about the prophet mohammed were published in a Danish newspaper?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Lois: My therapist said we should try a trick called “role reversal”, it’s where you pretend to be the person who makes you angry. Don’t listen to your mother, kids. She’s stupid and worthless and you should only listen to me, Peter.

Peter: I’m Lois. I brake for yard sales but I won’t let Peter buy anything he likes like that neon beer sign with the chick who had two mugs for jugs. It was only $8 and we had a dozen places to put it.

Stewie: I’m the dog. I’m well read and have a diverse stock portfolio. But I’m not above eating grass clippings and regurgitating them on the rug.

Brian: I’m a pompous little antichrist who will abandon my plans for world domination when I grow up and wind up settling with a rough trick named Jim.
[/quote]

Oh, dude that episode is fucking awsome.

Superfralicaligiouskissexplialidocious.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Superfralicaligiouskissexplialidocious.[/quote]

You butchered that. I think you’ve been studying Japanese too long.

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:
deanosumo wrote:

[/quote]

Wouldn’t it have been:

Superfraricarigiouskissexpriaridocious?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Mr. Chen wrote:
deanosumo wrote:

Wouldn’t it have been:

Superfraricarigiouskissexpriaridocious?[/quote]

Funny stuff.

I think Randman’s assessment was spot on.

With regards to the T-Nation Atheists forum, I have all the respect in the world for haney and agshag. The rest of the Christian posters on that thread apparently weren’t interested in anything regarding candid discussion.

Todd

Some of the guys here do not want to have discussions in good faith. Immediately, anyone who disagrees is a pinhead or a communist or a redneck. A good example of this, in the Shut Down Gitmo thread… somebody said the opposition to Gitmo was all due to people who “Blame America First”.

The person who said that is simply not interested in an honest discussion.

When you start off assuming that the person that you are talking to “hates America” right off the bat, then you can’t possibly have an honest discussion.