Why the Worst Get on Top

That was a good read OP, but as is evident, anybody can pretend to be the person who says this. It can be used by all parties.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
…and what makes you think people didn’t hate Bush before…lol…no Republican was going to change that…guilt by association at its finest.
[/quote]

That was my point. McCain = same party as Bush…I’m mad at/I hate Bush…I vote for other guy.

Quite childish if you break it down.

[quote]kaaleppi wrote:
That was a good read OP, but as is evident, anybody can pretend to be the person who says this. It can be used by all parties.[/quote]

At what point in history have you seen the uneducated masses show up to support the conservatives of the world with the same mob mentality as the Obama supporters we witnessed during this campaign?

I would be surprised if you could cite an example.

The leftist machine comprised of the Democrat party, much of the media and now especially with the emergence of Barack Obama, is advancing it’s skillz of propaganda and dis/misinformation to a truly epic and eerie level.

Regardless of what anybody wants to say this election was unique in the history of this country for reasons having nothing to do with a man being black. It demonstrated that the higher the participation the more dangerous the results. Not because of the process, but because of the willingness of the citizens to so thoroughly be taken in by cheap old school propaganda dressed in a new suit.

If this does not change in fairly short order the once mighty United States will rather quickly be reduced even further to a shell of it’s former self.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
The leftist machine comprised of the Democrat party, much of the media and now especially with the emergence of Barack Obama, is advancing it’s skillz of propaganda and dis/misinformation to a truly epic and eerie level.

Regardless of what anybody wants to say this election was unique in the history of this country for reasons having nothing to do with a man being black.

It demonstrated that the higher the participation the more dangerous the results. Not because of the process, but because of the willingness of the citizens to so thoroughly be taken in by cheap old school propaganda dressed in a new suit.

If this does not change in fairly short order the once mighty United States will rather quickly be reduced even further to a shell of it’s former self.[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
kaaleppi wrote:
That was a good read OP, but as is evident, anybody can pretend to be the person who says this. It can be used by all parties.

At what point in history have you seen the uneducated masses show up to support the conservatives of the world with the same mob mentality as the Obama supporters we witnessed during this campaign?

I would be surprised if you could cite an example.[/quote]

Oops, sorry, I didn’t realize this was so strongly about your election. I was talking generally. That part that is with bold font could be used by anybody, because thats how human groups work. It’s an observation. I wasn’t commenting on your election, I considered them both to be an improvement so I haven’t even followed the process that closely.

EDIT: I see I have lost my location information somehow. I’ll correct that right away.

EDIT 2: It seems to be a hassle to change it so I won’t bother. It’s Finland, FYI.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
…and what makes you think people didn’t hate Bush before…lol…no Republican was going to change that…guilt by association at its finest.

That was my point. McCain = same party as Bush…I’m mad at/I hate Bush…I vote for other guy.

Quite childish if you break it down.[/quote]

Since I was way off topic the first time:

You forgot to factor in the facts that the Republican party is imploding…and brought nothing worthy of countering the past 8 years of disappointment. They need to get their house in order if they ever want the trust of American people again.

McCain did NOTHING to distinguish himself from Bush…he was not the “maverick” he claimed to be. He didn’t establish himself as something different than Bush…they’re the same.
Conservatives know this…why is it hard to understand that others saw this as well?

I’ll stand by what I said: Makes it hard to decide who to be more disappointed in,doesn’t it?? So when you truthfully break it down…its far from childish.

[quote]kaaleppi wrote:
Oops, sorry, I didn’t realize this was so strongly about your election. I was talking generally. That part that is with bold font could be used by anybody, because thats how human groups work.

It’s an observation. I wasn’t commenting on your election, I considered them both to be an improvement so I haven’t even followed the process that closely.

EDIT: I see I have lost my location information somehow. I’ll correct that right away.

EDIT 2: It seems to be a hassle to change it so I won’t bother. It’s Finland, FYI. [/quote]

Understood, and I would agree with that, it is a generalization that can be applied in many political environments, albeit more aptly in some than in others.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Since I was way off topic the first time:

You forgot to factor in the facts that the Republican party is imploding…and brought nothing worthy of countering the past 8 years of disappointment. They need to get their house in order if they ever want the trust of American people again.

McCain did NOTHING to distinguish himself from Bush…he was not the “maverick” he claimed to be. He didn’t establish himself as something different than Bush…they’re the same.
Conservatives know this…why is it hard to understand that others saw this as well?

I’ll stand by what I said: Makes it hard to decide who to be more disappointed in,doesn’t it?? So when you truthfully break it down…its far from childish.
[/quote]

Here is what is disappointing:

1. That a large percentage of Americans are so easily persuaded to vote with their emotions than their sensibilities and rationalities, if they possess either one.

2. That the Republican party has decided to pander itself so much to the liberals and independents, to essentially abandon their conservative base. You’ll notice the Democrats did not do any pandering…they stand to the left, and they elected the furthest left candidate possible.

[EDIT] Are you for guilt by association or against it? Because if you’re against it, than your argument about McCain distancing himself from Bush should be irrelevant. And if you’re for it, then I have some issues I’d like to raise about our president-elect. Just let me know.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
Here is what is disappointing:

1. That a large percentage of Americans are so easily persuaded to vote with their emotions than their sensibilities and rationalities, if they possess either one.

2. That the Republican party has decided to pander itself so much to the liberals and independents, to essentially abandon their conservative base. You’ll notice the Democrats did not do any pandering…they stand to the left, and they elected the furthest left candidate possible.

[EDIT] Are you for guilt by association or against it? Because if you’re against it, than your argument about McCain distancing himself from Bush should be irrelevant. And if you’re for it, then I have some issues I’d like to raise about our president-elect. Just let me know.[/quote]

I’m against it…BUT its obvious that people are always for or against guilt by association only when its in their best interests at hand. You know as well as I that humans are fickle like that. Here an example…an example,nothing more:

1)People voted against McCain by reasons of guilt by association…which you call them wrong and childish for doing so.

2)People feel that Obama should not be president because of guilt by association…are they wrong…and childish??

Fucked up it is.

In the last election in 04, was not the Democratic weenies seen as imploding as well?

When John Kerry could not win against Bush. We heard that the Democratic party was in shambles, that how could they lose to Bush, again. Even with all the hatred towards Bush, McCain garnered a lot of support.

BTW, which party is the party of the uneducated as you put it? Which is the party of anti-intelectualism? Which party sneers at “ivory tower elitists”? Which party is the party of “Joe sixpack”?

Which party is the party of “creation scientists”, anti stem cell research, and “abstinence only” education? Which party does Palin belong to?

Face it, the Republican Party is now the stupid party. And if you dont believe me maybe Buckley’s old buddy Jeffery Hart can convince you:

[quote]Floortom wrote:
BTW, which party is the party of the uneducated as you put it? Which is the party of anti-intelectualism? Which party sneers at “ivory tower elitists”? Which party is the party of “Joe sixpack”?

Which party is the party of “creation scientists”, anti stem cell research, and “abstinence only” education? Which party does Palin belong to?

Face it, the Republican Party is now the stupid party. And if you dont believe me maybe Buckley’s old buddy Jeffery Hart can convince you:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-11-06/the-republicans-are-now-the-stupid-party/1/[/quote]

Collectivist trash.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
<<< 2)People feel that Obama should not be president because of guilt by association…are they wrong…and childish?? >>>[/quote]

I feel that Barack Obama should not be president because his intentions are adverse to historic American polity based on founding documents he views as an impediment to the progress of his world view. His alliances, and they are alliances, are only a symptom of that reality.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Floortom wrote:

Collectivist trash.[/quote]

Wow, what a total failure of a response.
What does any of this have to do with “collectivism”? Did you just read Atlas Shrugged or something?

[quote]Floortom wrote:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-11-06/the-republicans-are-now-the-stupid-party/1/[/quote]

I am not sure what language should be spoken when some of us declare our utter disgust with the GOP, but clearly English is not cuttin it.

[quote]Floortom wrote:

I didn’t accuse either party being the party of the uneducated. I said the Obama campaign worked hard to collect the support of the uneducated masses, because they are the easiest to sway when you slap them in the face repeatedly with propoganda.

Unfortunately for you, I am not as easily swayed.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I am not sure what language should be spoken when some of us declare our utter disgust with the GOP, but clearly English is not cuttin it.[/quote]

Maybe if we all gather together and chant it loudly, they would understand.

[quote]oneforship wrote:
Floortom wrote:

I didn’t accuse either party being the party of the uneducated. I said the Obama campaign worked hard to collect the support of the uneducated masses, because they are the easiest to sway when you slap them in the face repeatedly with propoganda.

Unfortunately for you, I am not as easily swayed.[/quote]

And the GOP’s pandering to Southern Christians with the above examples of stupidity is different because…??

[quote]oneforship wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
I am not sure what language should be spoken when some of us declare our utter disgust with the GOP, but clearly English is not cuttin it.

Maybe if we all gather together and chant it loudly, they would understand.[/quote]

I doubt it. Look at the post above this one.