Why The F*** Aren't You Watching...

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
Been watching Fringe from day one, but honestly: the only reason I keep on coming back is Walter. John Noble is an ACTOR.

Broiles thanks Walter for saving his friend’s life.
Walter: ‘You know, I had a fruit cocktail once in Atlantic City. And I’m not a fruit cocktail kind of guy.’

Anna Torv is…well. I’m undecided, still.
I like Jackson’s Jack-Of-All-Trades character.

Didn’t like how they had this ‘Monster Of The Week’ stuff going for some time.

Still, out of all that rubbish on TV, this is good.
[/quote]

Walter’s portrayal is fucking genius. They said that every time you hear him play a song in his lab, it refers to the underlying plot in some way. Also, the images they show during commercial breaks and the code they stand for all add up to some serious thought going into his project at this point.

I hope he wins an award for playing Walter. There is truly a whole different vibe to his character from when he plays “walter” vs “walternate”.

^^ Don’t forget the Observers!

There’s always an Observer in every episode, even if he’s just walking by in the background. That’s another example of their dedication.

For Iron Dwarf, it’s understandable that many won’t ant to have to start a show at the start, but Fringe is only on season 3 right now, and it’s a good show so you could do what I did and buy the DVDs or whatnot and slowly watch the show.
When people say you may be lost it doesn’t mean the show is overly complicated. It’d be like someone saying that Star Trek is too complicated and they don’t want to watch it because they’ll get the Klingons mixed up with the Vulcans and that there’d be too much stuff to have to remember.

If no one mentioned Storage Wars, I hate you all, because you are soulless heathens

I like Three’s Company, but they canceled it and I can’t find reruns anywhere.

Thank you for this thread. I’ll be ordering the series soon. Not up to snuff on the cartoons, however.

Watched some of the initial episodes (in German, that may have been the issue hahaha) and did not find them interesting whatsoever… Plus the main actress looks kind of weird…

Guess I’ll give it another go if I ever end up with enough time, considering that so many here seem to like it.

I seem to remember the first episode being a little gory and cold…like the characters were all detached and distant. That soon changes though and the show feels more natural and the characters grow on you. Also the mythology of the show gets more complex (without being complicated) but yeah, if science fiction isn’t your thing then the show may never grow on you.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I seem to remember the first episode being a little gory and cold…like the characters were all detached and distant. That soon changes though and the show feels more natural and the characters grow on you. Also the mythology of the show gets more complex (without being complicated) but yeah, if science fiction isn’t your thing then the show may never grow on you.[/quote]

But honestly, that shouldn’t need to be said at this point. I mean, I even related it to the X-files. If they are the type to not even like shows like that, THEN OBVIOUSLY this thread is not for them.

I am sure some people hated Lost…but that didn’t stop it from being a hit.

Funny thing is I’ve never seen an X-Files episode!

The thing I’d say about Fringe is that it seems more ‘realistic’ to me because they don’t investigate ghosts or werewolves and some other stuff that I must carefully say is too unbelievable.

I seem to remember Broyles even mentioning the “X Division” that was prior to Fringe Division in one of the second season episodes.

[quote]Nards wrote:

The thing I’d say about Fringe is that it seems more ‘realistic’ to me because they don’t investigate ghosts or werewolves and some other stuff that I must carefully say is too unbelievable.

I seem to remember Broyles even mentioning the “X Division” that was prior to Fringe Division in one of the second season episodes.[/quote]

Yeah, plus I think they had an episode of the X-Files playing in the background in one episode. The mythology here seems better thought out. X-Files seemed to not know where to go after Mulder left and they NEVER tied up all of those loose ends.

The first season had problems. The male lead who played her boyfriend was only on hand for the pilot. I really don’t think they expected the show to last because the difference between the first and second seasons is pretty noticeable in terms of character depth.

The other thing I’m happy about is that even though many of the people responsible for Lost are involved in this show too, the very nature of fringe means it’s more about the fun of the journey and not the destination, which was how I saw Lost.
By destination I mean that with Lost the nature and mystery of the island was always in question and I felt that the answers give n were weak and nit intriguing.
Fringe has some mystery, for example the Observers, but really, what could they be? Aliens? People from the far future? Aliens from the far future? Ancestors of the First People? All I know is that I’m not worried about them tying up the ends in a satisfying way…I trust they’ll do it.

[quote]Nards wrote:

I seem to remember Broyles even mentioning the “X Division” that was prior to Fringe Division in one of the second season episodes.[/quote]

Werewolves are real. Baleedat.

I didn’t like the first season much…but I am so glad I kept watching. By far the best show on tv. That and Archer.

Not really liking all the X-Files bashing going on in this thread. There was a time where it was one of THE best dramas on television. Yeah it went on a little longer than it should have but, it it wasn’t for X-Files bringing Sci Fi to the masses Lost, Heroes, Fringe, and…wait for it … SMALLVILLE wouldn’t be on today. So lets everyone ease up and recognize the greatness that is X Files.

On a side note, I saw someone mention Star Trek and I want to bring up something. Why the fuck aren’t they showing re-runs of Deep Space 9?? I love The Next Generation and watch the re-runs frequently. The story telling was excellent and the dynamic between the characters was realistic. Deep Space Nine picked up where TNG left off and ran with one of the most intriguing continuous story lines that has ever been in a Star Trek series. The antagonists they faced were a serious threat The Dominion was one of the most dangerous & treacherous villains EVER!! It even had one of THE first girl on girl kisses during prime time TV with Dax & Her former lover. Its Tribble episode was hilarious and a classic. The Defiant was the most badass ship in all of Star Trek History. I can go on forever about it’s greatness, I just wish they would show syndicated re runs of it. It pains me that they don’t…rant over.

Fringe is FUCKING awesome, watched it from Day 1, i’m a liiiiiitle bit concerned of late that they are dragging tihng out without explanation and logic behind it a little bit, but i’m sticking by it.

Fringe is weird and gory like that episode where that chick’s head blew up. That was fucked up.

Nah, I watch Two and a Half Men instead.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
Not really liking all the X-Files bashing going on in this thread. There was a time where it was one of THE best dramas on television. Yeah it went on a little longer than it should have but, it it wasn’t for X-Files bringing Sci Fi to the masses Lost, Heroes, Fringe, and…wait for it … SMALLVILLE wouldn’t be on today. So lets everyone ease up and recognize the greatness that is X Files.

On a side note, I saw someone mention Star Trek and I want to bring up something. Why the fuck aren’t they showing re-runs of Deep Space 9?? I love The Next Generation and watch the re-runs frequently. The story telling was excellent and the dynamic between the characters was realistic. Deep Space Nine picked up where TNG left off and ran with one of the most intriguing continuous story lines that has ever been in a Star Trek series. The antagonists they faced were a serious threat The Dominion was one of the most dangerous & treacherous villains EVER!! It even had one of THE first girl on girl kisses during prime time TV with Dax & Her former lover. Its Tribble episode was hilarious and a classic. The Defiant was the most badass ship in all of Star Trek History. I can go on forever about it’s greatness, I just wish they would show syndicated re runs of it. It pains me that they don’t…rant over.[/quote]

Yep, DS9 ( as we Trekkies call it) is a quality show.

Maybe what this thread needs is a video showing off Walter…he’s the ‘mad’ scientist and very well acted by John Noble:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Jason van Wyk wrote:
I watched the first episode of fringe, I thought it was dreadful. Is it really worth carrying on?[/quote]

So several people log on talking about how they like it…and that leads you to ask the question you did?

Heard of logic?

If YOU don’t like it, then YOU don’t watch it.

Where the show is now makes the first season seem like they were just playing with the idea trying to see what worked best.[/quote]

It’s a perfectly reasonable question, but I’ll brush off the typical “YOU DISAGREE SO YOU CAN LEAVE” attitude and try another couple of episodes, perhaps from the latest season.

Fringe season 3 out on dvd.