Why T-Cell Fails...

I don’t think its a problem if not all the members of the T-Cell are actually ‘swole’. Who really cares as long as they are putting in a constructive input & have good knowledge? If they lack these factors then i assume they will be shown the door.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
msd0060 wrote:
I’m just curious how we know that the people in there are “swole” and know what the fuck they’re talking about? Lots of posts? Many years? Pics? Biotest payroll?

I’m interested in reading it… just wish I could pop in the V-Diet thread to flame it a little bit.

I just checked your profile…where are YOUR pics?

I’ll post before/after pics after body recomp is done. I’ve lost 80 pounds and look like shit. Never said I was better than anyone…

Then stop judging people. Even the 14 year old has posted pics on this forum. That isn’t to say EVERYONE in there has, but I have stated for many years that you should have your picture up somewhere if you are going to give advice or criticize someone else.

I do lift weights.

My pics have been up for years.

If you want to talk shit, show that you have the balls to walk it as well as you shout it.[/quote]

Whoa! I don’t recall being the least bit judgmental or didactic in any thread. I will never call anyone fat or weak, or whathaveyou. The only time I give advice is beginners who want to lose weight, because I’ve been there and did it.

After a year or two when I’m nearer to where I want to be, I’ll try and give advice to beginners who want to lose weight and gain muscle because I’ll have been there too.

I simply wondered what methods were used to make up the T-Cell and if those people were qualified to discuss bodybuilding philosophies. And I’m on this site because both my diet and workout came from this site. My supplements come from this site.

Jesus!

I did NOT say let me in to T-Cell. I’ve enjoyed reading some threads already, and most, if not all, of the people in there are way past me.

Toodles.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
-ironman- wrote:
Jealousy.

/thread.

Honestly, it’s been 3 fucking days since it opened up, and you already know it’s going to fail?

You are a fucking genius. Maybe Biotest should just hire you to guide them.

Fucking babies.

As much as I’d like to roll in feces with you it’s clear you didn’t even read the entire post. It’s pretty straight forward. If you can’t understand it I can’t help you. If you don’t agree with it I don’t care.

What feces? I did read your crap, and quite frankly, it was a waste of 13 seconds.

Let me get this straight - your opinion is the only one that matters. You don’t care what anyone else has to say. And if they happen to use an expletive or two, it is a roll in the feces.

I pity you. [/quote]

No, I just don’t care what you think.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
rainjack wrote:
-ironman- wrote:
Jealousy.

/thread.

Honestly, it’s been 3 fucking days since it opened up, and you already know it’s going to fail?

You are a fucking genius. Maybe Biotest should just hire you to guide them.

Fucking babies.

As much as I’d like to roll in feces with you it’s clear you didn’t even read the entire post. It’s pretty straight forward. If you can’t understand it I can’t help you. If you don’t agree with it I don’t care.

What feces? I did read your crap, and quite frankly, it was a waste of 13 seconds.

Let me get this straight - your opinion is the only one that matters. You don’t care what anyone else has to say. And if they happen to use an expletive or two, it is a roll in the feces.

I pity you.

No, I just don’t care what you think.[/quote]

You have already admitted to wanting to avoid a confrontation with me. So pardon me if I think your “I don’t care” sounds more like a childish retort than an actual feeling.

The only thing I really care about from your post is that you have been here long enough not to act like a spoiled child. Three days into the T-Cell, and you already know it won’t work. So much so that you included it in the title of your thread.

My question to you is - how do you know? And since you are so sure - why are you only coming out about it now?

[quote]sloh wrote:
While it would be great if every member in there was swole, I believe it was created for people who appreciate bodybuilding in and of itself instead of stigmatizing it like many have been doing.[/quote]

The fact that a ‘cell’ is needed for this is pretty sad.

Ehh, I don’t care. Participation is voluntary anyway.

If some posters feel the need for protection and a sense of elite belonging then I say let them have it.

Anyway, after all is said and done this website is private property and the owners will either reap a reward for a successful venture or not.

[quote]Dirty_Bulk wrote:
sloh wrote:
While it would be great if every member in there was swole, I believe it was created for people who appreciate bodybuilding in and of itself instead of stigmatizing it like many have been doing.

The fact that a ‘cell’ is needed for this is pretty sad.[/quote]

Agreed. It is sad…but it isn’t like we haven’t tried every other possible alternative over the last 3-5 years to avoid it.

No one was listening until just recently.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

You have already admitted to wanting to avoid a confrontation with me.

[/quote]

There is no way you could have comprehended what I wrote and reacted the way you did, and frankly I don’t have the patience to hash it out with you. I’m just not that tolerant of your conversational style. It’s not that I think you are unintelligent or I don’t like you. It’s nothing personal, it’s just the response you’ll get from someone like me. Maybe I’M the asshole, lol.

Dirty_Bulk wrote:
sloh wrote:
While it would be great if every member in there was swole, I believe it was created for people who appreciate bodybuilding in and of itself instead of stigmatizing it like many have been doing.

The fact that a ‘cell’ is needed for this is pretty sad.

Agreed. It is sad…but it isn’t like we haven’t tried every other possible alternative over the last 3-5 years to avoid it.

No one was listening until just recently.[/quote]

This is what the newer people just can’t seem to grasp. Here’s a novel thought: Shit is way different now than it was when the site was truly hardcore. Just because you were not around to see it doesn’t mean it’s not the truth.

I kind of think it’s refreshing. The bodybuilding forum seems so random and “BB.com-ish” lately.

This site is just an incredible resource and if the forums (ie the whole site) were locked today, there’s enough information that anyone should be able to achieve any goal they could think of (asthetics, stregnth, fatloss, etc).

Having a filtered forum just helps to keep the noise at a minimum. As they add more people, there will become more noise, but at least now there is pest control :wink:

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
rainjack wrote:

You have already admitted to wanting to avoid a confrontation with me.

There is no way you could have comprehended what I wrote and reacted the way you did, and frankly I don’t have the patience to hash it out with you. I’m just not that tolerant of your conversational style. It’s not that I think you are unintelligent or I don’t like you. It’s nothing personal, it’s just the response you’ll get from someone like me. Maybe I’M the asshole, lol.[/quote]

I did read it. And I did react that way. I have told you why: 3 days in and you are already calling it a failure. What’s odd is that you have no clue if it is a failure or not because you have it blocked from your page.

You have done little to show that your position is that of prejudice.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
2. While I actually like most of posters using it I don’t consider any of them to be ‘elite.’[/quote]

We’ll see if the voting off function would serve its purpose. In any case, I’m kinda neutral to the T-cell idea. I don’t doesn’t it, but it doesn’t make me happy.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
2. While I actually like most of posters using it I don’t consider any of them to be ‘elite.’
[/quote]

Being elite is not the prerequisite for this cell.

Being respectful of the goals of others is.

EDIT: Unless you’re goal is just to be skinny in order to see your abs.

Skinny men make Christine sad.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I did read it. And I did react that way. I have told you why: 3 days in and you are already calling it a failure. What’s odd is that you have no clue if it is a failure or not because you have it blocked from your page.

You have done little to show that your position is that of prejudice. [/quote]

That’s what I don’t get. I don’t get how you could react that way to an observation. But whatever… I did block it, mainly because I am accustomed to participating in interesting discussions and not just reading them.

So it just doesn’t have any use for me. Even if I was put in I still think it’s weird because the appeal of T-Nation is the size of the forums, there are tons of posters. The T-Cell lacks that.

Finally, while the T-Cell has no use for me it DOES take the attention of certain interesting posters away from the open-forum, which detracts from them. I mean, if you had some interesting shit to say and you posted it in the T-Cell then that means one of the other forums DOESN’T have that interesting point.

Now at this point if you don’t agree it should be because you think I should sit and read the T-Cell and not care about posting there, right? And that’s fine if it is your position, but so far it’s by no means more interesting than the open forum overall, except I have no means to interact.

This isn’t just about being in it, or not, though. The point is that there will always be people NOT in it and why should we take away interesting things from the open-forum just to have a private play-room? It doesn’t make sense.

What we need is to address the issues brought up in Prof. X’s ‘mod deletion’ thread by creating more blockable forums and and keeping things more on-topic via good moderation. That would mean no more rock-climbing bullshit! Problem solved IMO, and all without detracting from the open forum.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
rainjack wrote:

That’s what I don’t get. I don’t get how you could react that way to an observation. But whatever… I did block it, mainly because I am accustomed to participating in interesting discussions and not just reading them. So it just doesn’t have any use for me. Even if I was put in I still think it’s weird because the appeal of T-Nation is the size of the forums, there are tons of posters. The T-Cell lacks that. Finally, while the T-Cell has no use for me it DOES take the attention of certain interesting posters away from the open-forum, which detracts from them. I mean, if you had some interesting shit to say and you posted it in the T-Cell then that means one of the other forums DOESN’T have that interesting point.

Now at this point if you don’t agree it should be because you think I should sit and read the T-Cell and not care about posting there, right? And that’s fine if it is your position, but so far it’s by no means more interesting than the open forum overall, except I have no means to interact.

This isn’t just about being in it, or not, though. The point is that there will always be people NOT in it and why should we take away interesting things from the open-forum just to have a private play-room? It doesn’t make sense. What we need is to address the issues brought up in Prof. X’s ‘mod deletion’ thread by creating more blockable forums and and keeping things more on-topic via good moderation. That would mean no more rock-climbing bullshit! Problem solved IMO, and all without detracting from the open forum.[/quote]

Wait…so you are judging a forum you haven’t even read?

WTF?

Get a rope.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[/quote]

I must have a great flaw in my understanding of what the cell was supposed to be about, then. I think many of us who would describe themselves as ‘intermediate’ lifters were looking forward to hearing in-depth discussions between veteran members who have achieved what we are working towards.

There’s already been some good stuff in there, but I feel that (so far) it’s far from the hardcore sanctuary the vets desired. (and many of us desired to read.)

[quote]Dirty_Bulk wrote:
Christine wrote:

I must have a great flaw in my understanding of what the cell was supposed to be about, then. I think many of us who would describe themselves as ‘intermediate’ lifters were looking forward to hearing in-depth discussions between veteran members who have achieved what we are working towards.

There’s already been some good stuff in there, but I feel that (so far) it’s far from the hardcore sanctuary the vets desired. (and many of us desired to read.)[/quote]

No offense, but this site has RUN OFF most of the hardcore posters that once were here.

If you all wanted that, then you shouldn’t have cheered on each author’s bashing of hardcore bodybuilding and/or powerlifting.

Blame the authors…not the guys that are still here after all of these years.

I honestly can’t believe some of you STILL don’t realize
this.

You all do know this site was here for years before you arrived, right?

RIP Goldberg and Patricia…and many others who left who were exactly what you are talking about.

[quote]Dirty_Bulk wrote:
Christine wrote:

There’s already been some good stuff in there, but I feel that (so far) it’s far from the hardcore sanctuary the vets desired. (and many of us desired to read.)[/quote]

And I hope that happens as well. In those cases, I know when to keep my mouth shut. Not everyone in the general forums has that ability.

beebuddy wrote:
rainjack wrote:

That’s what I don’t get. I don’t get how you could react that way to an observation. But whatever… I did block it, mainly because I am accustomed to participating in interesting discussions and not just reading them. So it just doesn’t have any use for me. Even if I was put in I still think it’s weird because the appeal of T-Nation is the size of the forums, there are tons of posters. The T-Cell lacks that. Finally, while the T-Cell has no use for me it DOES take the attention of certain interesting posters away from the open-forum, which detracts from them. I mean, if you had some interesting shit to say and you posted it in the T-Cell then that means one of the other forums DOESN’T have that interesting point.

This isn’t just about being in it, or not, though. The point is that there will always be people NOT in it and why should we take away interesting things from the open-forum just to have a private play-room? It doesn’t make sense. What we need is to address the issues brought up in Prof. X’s ‘mod deletion’ thread by creating more blockable forums and and keeping things more on-topic via good moderation. That would mean no more rock-climbing bullshit! Problem solved IMO, and all without detracting from the open forum.

Wait…so you are judging a forum you haven’t even read?

WTF?

Get a rope.[/quote]

Don’t be an idiot. Of course I have read some of it.

Edit: You seem to be taking this way too personally. Part of my disappointment is that interesting posters like yourself are now posting THERE instead of in the open-forum. If you can not see how unappealing reading a private forum is vs. the public forum then we are on totally different levels.

No offense, but why not just start your own forum? And I’m not suggesting you do, I’m suggesting we actually FIX the open forum. What is so offensive about this?

I think the HUGE thing is that Alpha is unmoderated. I was never really aware of some things happening on this site until Prof X’s thread.