Why Steroids?

I don’t mean to stir up trouble, even though most threads that start this way do. But, what motivates you to take steroids? How many of you here take steroids because you’ve actually lifted for at least a decade and cannot possibly grow anymore without them? How many of you just want quick results?

I personally see dependence on steroids as a weakness, not a strength, and if I was on roids, I would see myself as inferior to natural men. Why do you take pride in pumping huge weight if it isn’t actually you? Aren’t you concerned about your body’s ability to maintain it’s masculinity on it’s own? (which you are potentially damaging). If your masculinity is so important to you, why would you risk ruining your endocrine system?

I mean this in all seriousness. These are my questions and opinions. Enlighten me.

Crazy coincidence I had to articulate this to a friend the other day who had the same exact stance as you.

I knew that I was going to take steroids as soon as I found out about them, I always thought it would be later than I did but that is not the case. I always wanted to be superhuman, never myself it was never good enough. All through college I stayed natural and accomplished some great things one of which was earning a starting spot in a pitching rotation. It was a couple years after college that I decided I grew tired of myself and being natural. I took the plunge.

I do not see myself as inferior or superior, merely different. I do not care what anybody on this board or any board says, all AAS users have something psychologically off with them. I do not take pride in my lifts and physique, I need them for my mental well being. I do worry about my natural hormones but in my mind the price is small and I do not intend on stopping indefinitely. Masculinity is not my issue, insecurity with myself is.

I have always been jealous in a way at how much self confidence some absolute losers have. I am by no means the most successful man on the planet but I have been able to accomplish and experience things far beyond the scope of the normal man except for self-esteem. No matter what I do I can always do better and that is why I have decided to use and will continue to use until it kills me or something else does.

very well said

just want to point out i take steroids because i want to be superhuman. i know my goals are absolutly unatainable naturally i dont train for the aproval of others i train for the approval of myself nor do i compare myseil to others seing myself as inferior or superior

[quote]MacSaintson wrote:
Crazy coincidence I had to articulate this to a friend the other day who had the same exact stance as you.

I knew that I was going to take steroids as soon as I found out about them, I always thought it would be later than I did but that is not the case. I always wanted to be superhuman, never myself it was never good enough. All through college I stayed natural and accomplished some great things one of which was earning a starting spot in a pitching rotation. It was a couple years after college that I decided I grew tired of myself and being natural. I took the plunge.

I do not see myself as inferior or superior, merely different. I do not care what anybody on this board or any board says, all AAS users have something psychologically off with them. I do not take pride in my lifts and physique, I need them for my mental well being. I do worry about my natural hormones but in my mind the price is small and I do not intend on stopping indefinitely. Masculinity is not my issue, insecurity with myself is.

I have always been jealous in a way at how much self confidence some absolute losers have. I am by no means the most successful man on the planet but I have been able to accomplish and experience things far beyond the scope of the normal man except for self-esteem. No matter what I do I can always do better and that is why I have decided to use and will continue to use until it kills me or something else does.[/quote]

That was actually very insightful. I hesitated a second before checking back. I was half-expecting to get flamed. Thanks for the reply

Your questions/stance on AAS users is prudent and legitimate. Many AAS users tend to get very defensive at these kind of questions and answer them with hate. I find answering them incredibly therapeutic and reinforcing to what I do.

There was an interesting thread like this a while back, I don’t much feel like finding it for you but I am pretty sure you can use the search function and see what some of the old posters that used to be around said when posed with a similar question if you are still curious.

Edit: Here it is

OP you said you would feel inferior for using aas compared to natural men, well let me pose a question do you feel inferior if you have an infection and need antibiotics and another man does not? What im getting at by that is all drugs are drugs legal or not. I guess it would depend on what you consider cheating and in what context. I did not train for decades i just sought out the most effective way to get where i wanted to be and im still not there. maybe its vanity or self-esteem issues as well.

I’ve never used steroids as way to make me feel superior or masculine in anyway, I actually keep my aas use to myself none of my really close friends know that i use. I have my close friends, then I have my gym friends that also use. I agree with what Mac said, there is something off with us, to put are bodies at risk, but to me the benefits greatly out weigh the risks.

I stayed natural for a very long time even after tearing every ligament in my shoulder and only being able to bench 100lbs i working my way back up to a 335lb bench press. I’ve done the bulks and the hardcore cuts to get completely shredded all natural. But then the time came when I guess you could say I was never really big enough or strong enough for myself. Working out is a very big part of my life and it what makes me happy. I don’t use aas to show off to others i do it for myself, to make myself happy. Steroids aren’t for everyone, but I know I’ll be on them for a long time.

steroids are fun. I’m not insecure, and I don’t care about being bigger or stronger than anyone else. I started using AAS miles before I was anywhere near my genetic ceiling because I am lazy and want a better body NOW. Maybe some folk’d sneer at that, can’t say I really give a shit.

When I want to chill out I’ll have a drink.

When I fancy a giggle I’ll smoke some dope.

When I want to go to a nightclub and dance to hard, european techno I’ll take some MDMA

When I want to add a ton of muscle in a few weeks, I’ll do a course of steroids.

they’re just another fun thing I like to do every now and then. I don’t care about the health negatives because with all my other bad habits to shy away from steroids because they’re bad for you would make me a hypocrite.

This is something I’ve wondered: For the guys who have been doing it a while, do you ever think about becoming dependent on them? Meaning, if you use them for 10 years and get well beyond what you could get naturally, you basically HAVE to continue to use them if you want to maintain that size/strength don’t you? I would think it would be quite frustrating to keep training your ass off while losing all of those gains.

Although maybe your mindset will change with age and that wont matter as much any more, I don’t know. That was certainly one of the reasons that factored into why I never went on.

Also, with long term use, are there serious concerns about shutting down natural hormone production for good? I seem to recall in my research a while ago that most people who stop using their normal dosages have to remain on a TRT-Level dose because their body doesn’t do the job any more.

One more question to the guys that started using and were serious about BBing - Did you get “satisfied” with your physique? I know many people have the notion that they will just do one cycle because they “just want 10 more pounds” … But I remember thinking that I knew it would never be enough for me. I would always want that next 10 pounds and it would basically put me on the long road of using.

I was a teenager with low test, without understanding doctors, and without a way to get TRT. There are just as many if not more (in my opinion) health risks to low testosterone, and in addition to that life with high test is much better than life with low test.

So since all the doctors in this area ignored the research I showed them, generally talked down to me, and were not willing to even do follow up diagnostic tests to find the causes of my low test, I chose to take it into my own hands. Because my LH and FSH were high, but my testosterone was low I came to the conclusion that I was likely primary hypogonadal with the best solution being TRT. So since I was a powerlifter, I had very easy access to everything I needed.

I began with self administered TRT and then because it would still be unethical in my mind to compete drug free while on testosterone without being on a program prescribed by a doctor (even though I was at medical doses) I figured I might as well cruise and blast and get some performance benefit as well.

All that being said, I would have used anyway. My situation just fast forwarded my game plan by a few (say 5 or so) years. I do however think it is ridiculous for anyone who is not competing in something to use. If you don’t want to walk on a stage, sign a multi million dollar contract with a team, or set some records in powerlifting why bother? Spend money on something, gamble on the stability of your HPTA, and assume the legal risk for what? A little more pussy because your arms look a jacked 15 inches? haha. Average people’s goals can be achieved with average methods. You don’t need steroids to have a good body, or be jacked as shit. If I just lifted for fun I wouldn’t go through the trouble.

Also natural guys are superior huh? Think you are superior if it makes you more comfortable. Most of the best athletes juice, but that is not what makes them the best. The best athletes get to the top of their game, and at the top one stumble will put your competitor ahead. Even the slightest advantage becomes crucial. If it came down to signing a multi million dollar contract or not, any sane person would be willing to cram a needle in their ass.

The best will always do whatever it takes to be the best. In sports, school, jobs, everything. Sorry you don’t have that kind of drive.

Juicing doesn’t make you inferior. BigSkwatta summed things up pretty well.

I am 21 years old. I was diagnosed hypogonadism last week and I’ll have to take them sooner or later. It pisses me off.

I am trying to find an alternate way of raising my testosterone enough to feel good and have erections. I am currently involved in some esoteric ancient chinese taoist practice involving meditation, chi circulation, and not ejaculating. I’ll probably give acunpuncture a try on the side. I’ll start taking them next year if there is no results by then. I need to learn everything about them before I let my hormonal well-being at the hand of a doctor that doesnt really care. If anyone has suggestion of book to read please send them my way.

I still managed to get a 530lbs deadlift and 300 lbs bench so far in my condition. That saves my ego from too much stress from the fact that I don’t have the hormones normal mens have. Enough venting.

About general steroids user from what I have seen it is an ego problem. Or they just want to put male sexual hormone in their body knowing it will attract females. Here a tip for all you people that don’t attract female and would feel better they would:take steroids.

Easy anwser, I use them to be awesome hahaha kidding. I have always been the kind of person to experiment with drugs. I have never had a dependence on any drug because for some reason I am not wired that way. So after 6 years of lifting weights and trying every suplment under the sun it was a natural path for me. like I said in the other thread of this nature I have no problem putting drugs into me body because I have never seen any adverse reaction or dependence. If its going to help me to be stronger, look better and just feel better about myself then why the fuck not. I"m an adult its my body and I will do to it as I choose. If anyone else has a problem with that they can fuck right off.

I dont find myself to be inferior by any means either FYI.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
steroids are fun. I’m not insecure, and I don’t care about being bigger or stronger than anyone else. I started using AAS miles before I was anywhere near my genetic ceiling because I am lazy and want a better body NOW. Maybe some folk’d sneer at that, can’t say I really give a shit.

When I want to go to a nightclub and dance to hard, european techno I’ll take some MDMA

When I want to add a ton of muscle in a few weeks, I’ll do a course of steroids.

they’re just another fun thing I like to do every now and then. I don’t care about the health negatives because with all my other bad habits to shy away from steroids because they’re bad for you would make me a hypocrite. [/quote]

Well said buddy you are a man after my own heart lol

I, like many others, have found that I have low testosterone. Though I haven’t started a cycle just yet, it is something that I had thought about doing in the future-- being put on TRT just made it into a smaller step to take, especially since TRT forces me to compete in PL untested anyways.

As for the morality of it, I don’t really find them to equate to cheating. I firmly believe that there is not any reason to use AAS that is not an ethos. They’re risky legally, medically, socially… But just like breast implants might be for some women, they are perhaps a means to fill a void of insecurity. Despite what the media and many women seem to think, men have plenty of their own self-image issues. Getting freaky big or hellishly strong is a way for a lot of us to grow the confidence that we might have lacked when we were younger. I, for one, fall into that category.

And do I think it makes those who use it less of men? Would you call a woman who gets breast implants less of a woman? I kind of doubt it.

While I definitely enjoy the physique improvements that come along with strength training, it’s really when I work my ass off in the gym and go home exhausted that ends up feeling really gratifying. The way I see it, AAS doesn’t make it easier to get results— It lets me work harder for better results.

[quote]lens_d wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

they’re just another fun thing I like to do every now and then. I don’t care about the health negatives because with all my other bad habits to shy away from steroids because they’re bad for you would make me a hypocrite. [/quote]

Well said buddy you are a man after my own heart lol[/quote]

lol yeah man I thought the exact same thing reading your post

It’s fun because it allows you to push yourself to new levels.

Why do people drink alcohol? To have a good time in social situations. Can you have a good time without alcohol? Certainly. Does alcohol make social interactions in large groups more fun? Typically.

Same with steroids. If you can avoid the health risks, which are largely overstated and pretty easy to avoid if one does proper research, then why not make daily life and time in the gym more enjoyable?

Because some big bad congressman said that it’s cheating? Or because the media tries to convince people that ‘roid rage’ exists?

Hands down the best drugs on the planet. My high’s aren’t measured in minutes or hours, but 8-12 week blasts. ;D

Natural trainees are jealous of the massive edge AAS gives, and besides, ‘natural bodybuilding’ is a fucking joke, there are a handful of honest guys out there, but most of them juice as hard as they can between shows and last minute tweek everything to circumvent whatever drug test is applied to them.

Another part of it, was I was consistently accused of using steroids between grade 11 and 2nd year Uni, small guys are jealous of their bigger/stronger/faster counterparts no matter what the situation, team sports or otherwise. If anyone is ‘too much better’ than they believe is possible, then obviously theyre JUICERS!!!

Right before my first pin, I said to my coach 'Everyone accuses me anyways, why not remove all doubt??"

I plan to cycle until old age, and live out my days at the top of the ‘high normal’ Test range until they put me into a box in the dirt.

And I know my life will be better for it.

-PTD

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:

My high’s aren’t measured in minutes or hours, but 8-12 week blasts. ;D
[/quote]

I love that! I’m totally going to use that and pretend I came up with it