Why Stay Natural?

[quote]kalb wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]kalb wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Dietary supplements even the ones for health have a noticeable effect on your hormone levels. Pretty sure curcumin, fish oil, zinc, vitamin D all boost T. [/quote]
A deadlift PR may cause a greater increase in test levels than the supplements you mentioned[…]
[/quote]

I can’t cite studies or anything, but I’m pretty sure that that’s a false statement.

But it’s not because they “increase test levels”, but rather that most people/athletes/lifters have insufficient levels of omega 3s, vitamin d and zinc… so by supplementing them back to “normal” levels, T production is restored. (I don’t know anything about curcumin.)

In other words: if your T levels are artificially low due to deficiencies/insufficiencies, supplementation will help more than deadlifts.[/quote]

You are over-analyzing man. I just meant it is too negligible to be considered.
[/quote]

Funny you say that… while also saying this:

[quote]kalb wrote:
Multivitamins to boost my immunity and overall health to minimize the risk of illness that may take me off the gym for some time. [/quote]

[quote]kalb wrote:
it won’t enhance strength and muscle gains magically like roids do.
[/quote]

this says everything that needs to be said about your position.

Wanted to add:

I think somewhere between 5-7% of the lifters actively pursuing a decent physique are not capable of making much progress without drugs (sometimes close to none).

All the estrogen exposure - plastics, pollutants, estrogen drinking water, locked into long periods at work at an office job… some simply cannot overcome it naturally.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

Beginner gains. Enjoy[/quote]

He’s been working out for two years. You think he’s still enjoying beginner gains?

Has anyone mentioned how much fun steroids are yet?

Because they really are. Lots and lots of fun.

[quote]Pantherhare wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

He’s been working out for two years. You think he’s still enjoying beginner gains?[/quote]

It’s not an unreasonable assumption.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

He’s been working out for two years. You think he’s still enjoying beginner gains?[/quote]

It’s not an unreasonable assumption.[/quote]

It is a mildly arrogant one though.

I’m 31 been training 15 years and I’m still getting better.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

I’m 31 been training 15 years and I’m still getting better.[/quote]

I don’t see how it’s arrogant. I would consider most/all of my own gains in my first 2 years of lifting to have been ‘beginner’ gains. Nothing wrong with that. I don’t necessarily see that there’s a particular point when gains go from being ‘beginner’ gains to ‘advanced’ gains. Hell, 10 years from now I may look at my current gains as being beginner gains, lol.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

Has it been your experience that newbie gains last for two years? I would say that’d be more the exception than the rule, especially for a guy in his 40s.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

I don’t see how it’s arrogant. I would consider most/all of my own gains in my first 2 years of lifting to have been ‘beginner’ gains. Nothing wrong with that. I don’t necessarily see that there’s a particular point when gains go from being ‘beginner’ gains to ‘advanced’ gains. Hell, 10 years from now I may look at my current gains as being beginner gains, lol.[/quote]

But there’s a generally accepted definition of beginner gains, which is the period where you continually make gains in a linear fashion. And that seemed to be the implication of ryanbCXG’s comment, that the poster’s gains weren’t due to his skill with programming and nutrition, but rather due to his beginner status. Perhaps I read too much into it.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

Has it been your experience that newbie gains last for two years? I would say that’d be more the exception than the rule, especially for a guy in his 40s.
[/quote]

I think it depends on how much effort the individual puts forth. I know that gains came easily for me in my first 2+ years of training, so yes, that’s been my own experience. Conversely, I’ve had friends who couldn’t seem to make gains after they’d be lifting for a few months. Age is obviously a factor, but so are effort and starting point. Some people are more ‘primed’ for gains than others. That’s why I said it’s not unreasonable. Too many factors to rule it out.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

I don’t see how it’s arrogant. I would consider most/all of my own gains in my first 2 years of lifting to have been ‘beginner’ gains. Nothing wrong with that. I don’t necessarily see that there’s a particular point when gains go from being ‘beginner’ gains to ‘advanced’ gains. Hell, 10 years from now I may look at my current gains as being beginner gains, lol.[/quote]

But there’s a generally accepted definition of beginner gains, which is the period where you continually make gains in a linear fashion. And that seemed to be the implication of ryanbCXG’s comment, that the poster’s gains weren’t due to his skill with programming and nutrition, but rather due to his beginner status. Perhaps I read too much into it.
[/quote]

Under that definition, it is unlikely that beginner gains would last 2 years.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

No one said you can’t and won’t get better. Just the speed are which that occurs cannot be compared if you want to argue that point…well I won’t because that’s just naive

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[/quote]

I think it depends on how much effort the individual puts forth. I know that gains came easily for me in my first 2+ years of training, so yes, that’s been my own experience. Conversely, I’ve had friends who couldn’t seem to make gains after they’d be lifting for a few months. Age is obviously a factor, but so are effort and starting point. Some people are more ‘primed’ for gains than others. That’s why I said it’s not unreasonable. Too many factors to rule it out.[/quote]

Effort yes. It’s all about that

I have a few friends that suck in the gym. No effort. It’s more of a jaw workout than anythign. They have been working out for 10 years. If I kicked there ass. And they put in effort I’d still classify the fast gains they’d get as beginner gains. It has nothing to do with years working out ok some of it is but that’s a portion of it only

[quote]Bauber wrote:
If you stay natural, you are a pussy.

There I said it.

Come at me natural bros.[/quote]

I’d say that statement took some huge balls, but coming from a juicer it would seem that I’d be wrong.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

There I said it.

I’d say that statement took some huge balls, but coming from a juicer it would seem that I’d be wrong.[/quote]

Yet another myth. And not a certainty. :confused:

beginner gains is a funny thing. I don’t think I got mine until I’d been training for 5 years

As long as you are honest about your accomplishments, do what you want. Don’t claim a 400 bench when in reality you have a bench shirt, don’t claim it when in reality you are drug assisted.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
As long as you are honest about your accomplishments, do what you want. Don’t claim a 400 bench when in reality you have a bench shirt, don’t claim it when in reality you are drug assisted. [/quote]

So accomplishments don’t count once you use? Better to tell all Olympic athletes and pros they don’t count

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

There I said it.

I’d say that statement took some huge balls, but coming from a juicer it would seem that I’d be wrong.[/quote]

Nah, you can have tiny balls and pretend they are big on the interwebs.

Oh and I am all natural just like Ronnie Coleman.