Why? (Rant)

Why are so many people so two faced and duplicitous?
Why is it that more and more (it seems) people only exist to screw over other people?
Why is it harder and harder to find people you’d want to watch your back…or even your front?
Why is it that in the old days people used to say what they meant and that was it…if a guy promised you something it happened unless he was dead or something. Now you can’t even count on your best friend or your best girl, to say nothing of all the other motherfuckers you have to deal with on a daily basis. I can’t be the only one that’s noticed this…cause it would seem to me that a T-Man or T-Vixen would be someone you can count on…but we all have to deal with other yahoos.
It’s getting to the point where I’m scared to even get involved with people anymore.

It wasn’t that long ago that you could count on someone who worked for a living (mostly blue collar v. white collar), but now even the blue collar types seem to be out to screw with as many people as they can.
Is it that society as a whole has lost accountability?

If you spill hot coffee on yourself or smoke yourself to death, it obviously not your fault…if you cut someone off in traffic you never have to see them again (you hope. Once I followed a kid an hour to have a word with him. Should have seen his face. Zits look cool against an ash white back ground)…I don’t know.
All I know is I’m sick of it. I’d like to move that we bring back dueling, Whattaya think?

and on top of that I sliced a nice square inch of skin off my palm this morning, and I’m getting blood all over the oly bar. And it hurts.
Just glad it’s my left hand, not the other one…cause…oh…

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
and on top of that I sliced a nice square inch of skin off my palm this morning, and I’m getting blood all over the oly bar. And it hurts.
Just glad it’s my left hand, not the other one…cause…oh…

[/quote]

I feel your pain. I sliced the shit out of my hand friday. Does yours look like this.(luckily mine was the left as well)

I agree with you. Those who are dependable are getting few and far between.

I have had cause to look inward in that regard over the past year. Forces you to make some changes I will tell you that.

Anyone is lucky to have that one friend that you can rely on 100%. I have one. I have dozens of friends that I cant trust for anything. Sad thing is my friend that is like a brother to me lives in Grand Rapids, and Im in Chicago. All I have to say is “Your most dependable freind is yourself”. Thats how it is now, and frankly, It pisses ne off. Im a man of my word. If I say Im going to be somewhere, or do something, I DO IT. It sucks being surrounded by water-brained Velveeta cheese flag-monkeys every day. On a second note, Im divorced and afraid to let some chick with a ton of baggage come into my life. I may seem a little cheesed off but its a one in a million shot that your going to have a friend that you can trust like your own flesh and blood. OUT

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
Why are so many people so two faced and duplicitous?
Why is it that more and more (it seems) people only exist to screw over other people?
Why is it harder and harder to find people you’d want to watch your back…or even your front?
Why is it that in the old days people used to say what they meant and that was it…if a guy promised you something it happened unless he was dead or something. Now you can’t even count on your best friend or your best girl, to say nothing of all the other motherfuckers you have to deal with on a daily basis. I can’t be the only one that’s noticed this…cause it would seem to me that a T-Man or T-Vixen would be someone you can count on…but we all have to deal with other yahoos.
It’s getting to the point where I’m scared to even get involved with people anymore.

It wasn’t that long ago that you could count on someone who worked for a living (mostly blue collar v. white collar), but now even the blue collar types seem to be out to screw with as many people as they can.
Is it that society as a whole has lost accountability?

If you spill hot coffee on yourself or smoke yourself to death, it obviously not your fault…if you cut someone off in traffic you never have to see them again (you hope. Once I followed a kid an hour to have a word with him. Should have seen his face. Zits look cool against an ash white back ground)…I don’t know.
All I know is I’m sick of it. I’d like to move that we bring back dueling, Whattaya think?[/quote]

Its funny you mention this Joe, as I have been wrestling with the same sorts of thoughts due to some incidents that happened recently.

The “I’m almost afraid to get involved with people anymore” line stuck with me because I’ve felt the exact same way.

First I just became more selective. After treating people as “true friends” too soon, and ending up getting burned for it, I started forcing people to stand the test of time before I truly trusted them and felt I could confide in them.

Once I feel a mutual respect exists, and both parties have contributed a great deal to each other, I trust people.

However, most of the time they fuck me over anyways.

Very few true friends come along. Its late, I’m tired, thats all I feel about elaborating, but felt I needed to respond when I saw this post because it hit close to home.

Good luck in dealing with it.

[quote]cbeefyt wrote:
Anyone is lucky to have that one friend that you can rely on 100%. I have one. I have dozens of friends that I cant trust for anything. Sad thing is my friend that is like a brother to me lives in Grand Rapids, and Im in Chicago. All I have to say is “Your most dependable freind is yourself”. Thats how it is now, and frankly, It pisses ne off. Im a man of my word. If I say Im going to be somewhere, or do something, I DO IT. It sucks being surrounded by water-brained Velveeta cheese flag-monkeys every day. On a second note, Im divorced and afraid to let some chick with a ton of baggage come into my life. I may seem a little cheesed off but its a one in a million shot that your going to have a friend that you can trust like your own flesh and blood. OUT[/quote]

Good post beef,very true words.

Hope the hand heals quickly

There’s this saying: Hire slow, fire fast. Be selective about making friends and cut them off as soon as the bullshit starts.

[quote]NateN wrote:
There’s this saying: Hire slow, fire fast. Be selective about making friends and cut them off as soon as the bullshit starts.[/quote]

Nice thought. My biggest problem is that I’m too nice…it’s like I feel I owe people something once I thought they were my friends.
Or I’m too loyal.
Or just dumb.