Why Not This...

I need some assistance combining some of your materials for my summer training plans. I envision my training to be some combination of strength training, conditioning, and specializations. The articles I am referencing I will label as such to make them easier to reference throughout this post.
A. 20-minute muscle builder
B. targeted fat mobilization
C. indigo project customized hypertrophy (in particular the specialization workouts).

Monday AM: A
Monday PM: C (back width/thickness portions of each)

Tuesday AM: B
Tuesday PM: C (quads)

Wednesday AM: C (chest)
Wednesday PM: A

Thursday AM: B
Thursday PM: C (shoulders)

Friday AM: A
Friday PM: C (arms)

Weekends OFF

Conclusion: 3 strength training sessions, 5 specializations, and 2 conditioning (with the ability to schedule an additional one on the weekend if necessary).

CT I am certainly not qualified to defend this programming, but if you feel this is ill-advised maybe you can tell me why not that.

[quote]mathdude wrote:
I need some assistance combining some of your materials for my summer training plans. I envision my training to be some combination of strength training, conditioning, and specializations. The articles I am referencing I will label as such to make them easier to reference throughout this post.
A. 20-minute muscle builder
B. targeted fat mobilization
C. indigo project customized hypertrophy (in particular the specialization workouts).

Monday AM: A
Monday PM: C (back width/thickness portions of each)

Tuesday AM: B
Tuesday PM: C (quads)

Wednesday AM: C (chest)
Wednesday PM: A

Thursday AM: B
Thursday PM: C (shoulders)

Friday AM: A
Friday PM: C (arms)

Weekends OFF

Conclusion: 3 strength training sessions, 5 specializations, and 2 conditioning (with the ability to schedule an additional one on the weekend if necessary).

CT I am certainly not qualified to defend this programming, but if you feel this is ill-advised maybe you can tell me why not that.[/quote]

I hate Frenkensteining programs, even if they are mine. Just because I came up with all of them doesn’t make them compatible. Each program is designed to work optimally for the goal it serves. Each of these programs is a complete entity and cannot be “added-on” to another program. Now, targeted fat mobilization is a strategy, not a program, so it can be (carefully) added to another program.

But the spec programs from the INDIGO programs aren’t meant to be used a lot. I mentioned in the past that a spec program is:

a) used as a last resort if a muscle doesn’t grow from the regular program
b) used for a short period of time (4 weeks)
c) the only spec program used during a training phase. You cannot use several spec programs in one training phase

I actually wish that I didn’t include the spec programs because some people overuse them.