Why Not? Runner to Lifting...

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/f/5/f5852-IMG_____[_].jpg

After 9 months of lifting and a cut with a long way to go yet, former 10 year runner turned to want to gain muscle.

MOD EDIT: We do not support bbcode IMG tags. Please upload the image you were trying to link.

I cant tell you lift…

Im wondering why a runner would have to cut.

You don’t need to worry about cutting, but I think you probably need to reevaluate your lifting if that’s all you’ve gained in 9 months, although obviously I don’t know where you started, so I can’t say for sure.

You have a long way to go.

Here is a picture of the before lifting…

My body became very complacent to9 running and I started putting on weight even though I ran 3 marathons and trained an average of 8-10 hours/week by cycling or running. I think lifting is a new challenge for my body…

I didn’t post because I am done, I posted to see how bad of shape I was so that I can motivate myself better on my long journey ahead.

you look alot better man. check out some out Charles Poliquin’s programs they will kick your butt and get you in shape real fast

I am currently training for a 10K and a duathalon for 6 weeks and after that it will be more lifting than running/cycling.

I will be starting NROL in June of this year and that should encapsulate everything I do until 2008.

Was wondering, is this a good program with the right diet for me?

[quote]igloo72 wrote:
I am currently training for a 10K and a duathalon for 6 weeks and after that it will be more lifting than running/cycling.

I will be starting NROL in June of this year and that should encapsulate everything I do until 2008.

Was wondering, is this a good program with the right diet for me?[/quote]

I just got through reading NROL and am doing a program from it. It’s early to tell how effective it is but I am enjoying the workouts and have lost about 7lbs of fat so far (with a calorie deficit diet and some five a side footy and cardio in addition to lifting). I’d say it is a good place to start.

bump!