T Nation

Why Not Just Do PCT?

Bear with me if this is a dumb question. But if steroid users have to use PCT to increase their natural testosterone production after a cycle, why not just use the PCT drugs to increase natural testosterone without all the hassles and complications of the anabolics?

Or do you have to have very low endogenous test production for these PCT drugs to work? Is it just not enough of an increase for these to be effective on their own?

In theory it sounds like a decent idea doesn’t it? In practice it rarely pans out with tangible results. Meso-Rx had an article awhile back on using letro only as a “cycle”. Also, during PCT gear users are merely maintaining and minimizing losses, rather than gaining.

Not a dumb question. I have the same thing on my mind. Lets say a guy has low testosterone levels and high levels of Estogen. Most likely his high level of E2 is from higher bodyfat percentages. Arimdex has proven to block test -> E2 conversion. Why not just take A’dex to block ones own natural test -> E2 conversion?

I am not familiar with the proper terms so bear with me.

I am under the impression that PCT is meant to keep the E-levels checked so that your natural T, which is below baseline after the synthetic T clears from your body, can catch up so that homeostasis(sp?) is achieved in the body. Gains are thus “kept” once natural E and T levels balance out.

If one is to just do PCT only, your E will be checked but it won’t do much to elevate your natural T because your body has no reason to elevate it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]uzzyman wrote:
Bear with me if this is a dumb question. But if steroid users have to use PCT to increase their natural testosterone production after a cycle, why not just use the PCT drugs to increase natural testosterone without all the hassles and complications of the anabolics?

Or do you have to have very low endogenous test production for these PCT drugs to work? Is it just not enough of an increase for these to be effective on their own?[/quote]

i think for somebody that’s not sure if they wanna do a cycle, it’s not a bad idea. wouldn’t expect dramatic results, though…kinda like taking tribulus or other Alpha Male-type supplements.