Why Not 5 Days a Week?

everybody needs to calm down

[quote]alexdoesweights wrote:

5 pounds in 2 years.

Needless to say we were gaining that each month.

you gained 120 pounds over 2 years?
[/quote]

Haven’t you read my profile? My weight varies.

Nah, in the off-season for football. So that was about 3 months.

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
You’ve been training for just 11 months yet you know what works best for 80% of everyone? You’re quite the prodigy.

well ive read a lot for the past 15 months about it and not just stuff on forums but also actual books on the subject. I am a smart guy im ranked fifteen in a class of four hundered and fifty sooo…[/quote]

Did it take you 4 months of reading before you picked up a weight?

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
You’ve also got to work into account that like 80 percent of people(maybe more) would work best with like a TBT or upper lower split just two or three times a week.[/quote]

Nonsense.

I always find it funny when I read this kind of horse shit. Any coach worth their salt knows that (1)hard work, (2)commitment level, (3)nutritional strategy, (4)recovery methods, (5)mental toughness, and (6)abstaining from detrimental activities is far more important for success than ANY training method.

The type of training program someone uses only comes in at number seven on the list of most important attributes to success in the gym. OTC supplements comes in at number eight.

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Pbjoe wrote:
You’ve also got to work into account that like 80 percent of people(maybe more) would work best with like a TBT or upper lower split just two or three times a week. Just depends on ppl, maybe you should try like a six week period where you workout five days a week and see how it works for you

You’ve been training for just 11 months yet you know what works best for 80% of everyone? You’re quite the prodigy.

well ive read a lot for the past 15 months about it and not just stuff on forums but also actual books on the subject. I am a smart guy im ranked fifteen in a class of four hundered and fifty sooo…[/quote]

Well I guess that makes you an expert, then. Please design all my training programs from now on, almighty guru.

NOBODY knows what’s best for 80% of the population, dumbass. The best coaches in the world can only speculate at that, much less proclaim it conclusively. Don’t think that because you read some “actual books” (as opposed to imaginary ones?) that you know anything. It’s opinion, no matter who’s saying it. You have to find what works best for yourself.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Hawkson101 wrote:
How come a lot of the programs on T-Nation do not advocate 5 days a week workout programs?

if you have time and eat right, wouldn’t more volume and more intensity for a body part equal better results?

what are the downsides?

It is times like that where you quit relying only on this web site and find out what works best for yourself. I personally have never followed a plan from this site. I train at the very least five days a week (and that’s if I am being called in at work during off hours). I usually train 6 days a week.[/quote]

then why do you still come on this site

Well I guess that makes you an expert, then. Please design all my training programs from now on, almighty guru.

NOBODY knows what’s best for 80% of the population, dumbass. The best coaches in the world can only speculate at that, much less proclaim it conclusively. Don’t think that because you read some “actual books” (as opposed to imaginary ones?) that you know anything. It’s opinion, no matter who’s saying it. You have to find what works best for yourself.[/quote]

dude grow up…ur trying to insult someone over an internet forum…

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
everybody needs to calm down[/quote]

LOL!, you obviously just got here huh? LOL!

The OP hasn’t shown back up since he started this thread, but it sounded to me like he was talking about hitting each bodypart 5 times a week which is too much. If he didn’t mean that then what eveybody else has been talking about applies.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Pbjoe wrote:
everybody needs to calm down

LOL!, you obviously just got here huh? LOL!

The OP hasn’t shown back up since he started this thread, but it sounded to me like he was talking about hitting each bodypart 5 times a week which is too much. If he didn’t mean that then what eveybody else has been talking about applies.[/quote]

exactly what i fuckin thought. thats why i originally asked him to elaborate on his workout cuz thats crazy but everyone else gets all fucking worked up(specifically one eye) and shit. people can be dumbasses sometimes.

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Hawkson101 wrote:
How come a lot of the programs on T-Nation do not advocate 5 days a week workout programs?

if you have time and eat right, wouldn’t more volume and more intensity for a body part equal better results?

what are the downsides?

It is times like that where you quit relying only on this web site and find out what works best for yourself. I personally have never followed a plan from this site. I train at the very least five days a week (and that’s if I am being called in at work during off hours). I usually train 6 days a week.

You’ve also got to work into account that like 80 percent of people(maybe more) would work best with like a TBT or upper lower split just two or three times a week. Just depends on ppl, maybe you should try like a six week period where you workout five days a week and see how it works for you[/quote]

Where did you come up with this 80% number? Like Professor X said, your number makes no sense.

The training volume that is performed for a trainee depends on many variables: primarily, what type of condition is he in? Many athletes have about 15 training sessions per week. Are they overtraining? No, because they know how to balance their volume with their current levels of conditioning.

Generally speaking, as you progress in your training career, your tolerance for work volume also increases, and you’re able to spend more time in the gym.

To the OP: You can obviously train five days a week. Or seven days a week. It simply depends on how well you’re manging your volume and your fatigue. Do you feel good during your training sessions? Are you lifting heavier weights and laying down quality over time? If so, then you’re headed in the right direction.

[quote]dyejtmagraven wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Hawkson101 wrote:

what are the downsides?

It is times like that where you quit relying only on this web site and find out what works best for yourself. I personally have never followed a plan from this site. I train at the very least five days a week (and that’s if I am being called in at work during off hours). I usually train 6 days a week.

[/quote]

Because this is a bodybuilding discussion forum and not everyone who logs in is clueless and trying to build a base of knowledge from every word written on this site. Some people actually built one on their own through traditional higher education, time spent in the gym and continued personal education.

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:

NOBODY knows what’s best for 80% of the population, dumbass. The best coaches in the world can only speculate at that, much less proclaim it conclusively. Don’t think that because you read some “actual books” (as opposed to imaginary ones?) that you know anything. It’s opinion, no matter who’s saying it. You have to find what works best for yourself.

dude grow up…ur trying to insult someone over an internet forum…[/quote]

And you just tried to show off your class rank in an internet forum. Funny how these things work.

what thread is this

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
Professor X wrote:
dyejtmagraven wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Hawkson101 wrote:

what are the downsides?

Because this is a bodybuilding discussion forum and not everyone who logs in is clueless and trying to build a base of knowledge from every word written on this site. Some people actually built one on their own through traditional higher education, time spent in the gym and continued personal education.

higher education…liiikee…[/quote]

You tell me, what do you think that means? Does it surprise you that not everyone here is a high school drop out? Big muscles and degrees past college level don’t go together? Are you related to Mykayl?

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
well ive read a lot for the past 15 months about it and not just stuff on forums but also actual books on the subject. I am a smart guy im ranked fifteen in a class of four hundered and fifty sooo… [/quote]

So you are in HIGH SCHOOL and are an expert on training because of what you’ve read on the INTERNET.

L
M
A
O.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Pbjoe wrote:
Professor X wrote:
dyejtmagraven wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Hawkson101 wrote:

what are the downsides?

higher education…liiikee…

You tell me, what do you think that means? Does it surprise you that not everyone here is a high school drop out? Big muscles and degrees past college level don’t go together? Are you related to Mykayl?[/quote]

nope i don’t know who that is but im sure you’ll tell me about him after i put up this reply

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
exactly what i fuckin thought. thats why i originally asked him to elaborate on his workout cuz thats crazy but everyone else gets all fucking worked up(specifically one eye) and shit. people can be dumbasses sometimes.[/quote]

I’m not sure what he meant, I’m just saying what impression I got from what he said and how I would respond assuming that impression was correct.

My statement to you was meant to bring to your attention the fact that if there are any threads in these forums where anybody needs to calm down you clearly haven’t been in any of them yet.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Pbjoe wrote:
exactly what i fuckin thought. thats why i originally asked him to elaborate on his workout cuz thats crazy but everyone else gets all fucking worked up(specifically one eye) and shit. people can be dumbasses sometimes.

I’m not sure what he meant, I’m just saying what impression I got from what he said and how I would respond assuming that impression was correct.

My statement to you was meant to bring to your attention the fact that if there are any threads in these forums where anybody needs to calm down you clearly haven’t been in any of them yet.[/quote]

Yeah i guess ur right. Im sorry everyone in this thread. I am an insolent little brat of a teenager. My brashness and youthful ingnorance along with the testosterone running through my veins caused me to become irrational and i have insulted one with an obviously much higher intellect than I, a stupid fool. I admit I am a youth who spends my time at party’s and making up pranks with my friends to scare old people at your local country club.Im sorry that i find delight in angering old geezers while i laugh behind a tree with a blow horn and this stupidity went into the forums and you older,wiser men were angered.To put this in context, you are the geezers and i am the fool with the air horn words slicing through the quite wisdom of the forums.But you already knew that i was using that metaphor because u are much wiser than I…I shouldn’t even have explained it. I humbly apologize and i hope that you live long and happy lives and continue to put insolent brats like me into my place. Have a nice evening. :S

[quote]Pbjoe wrote:
My statement to you was meant to bring to your attention the fact that if there are any threads in these forums where anybody needs to calm down you clearly haven’t been in any of them yet.

Yeah i guess ur right. Im sorry everyone in this thread. I am an insolent little brat of a teenager. My brashness and youthful ingnorance along with the testosterone running through my veins caused me to become irrational and i have insulted one with an obviously much higher intellect than I, a stupid fool. I admit I am a youth who spends my time at party’s and making up pranks with my friends to scare old people at your local country club.Im sorry that i find delight in angering old geezers while i laugh behind a tree with a blow horn and this stupidity went into the forums and you older,wiser men were angered. I humbly apologize and i hope that you live long and happy lives and continue to put insolent brats like me into my place. Have a nice evening. :S[/quote]

Hmmm, how you got all that out of my simply telling you that nothing in this thread warrants anybody being told to calm down compared to many others is something I’ve just finished giving all the thought I ever plan to.

Time for bed