Why Muscle Milk?

advertising, catchy name, for some reason dumb people that see protien powders as being “bad” (yes there are still some) seem to think muscle milk is fine? I have noticed this and don’t understand it.

I bought a couple of jugs of muscle milk back before I knew any better it was on sale and anything cookies n cream flavor must be good right?

It tasted like ice cream but upset my stomach… no more for me

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
devilBASTARDdog wrote:
Because it’s sterile and I like the taste.

Seriously, it tastes good. I can get it cheap, and it comes in 5 pound containers.

Get off Biotest’s nuts. I like some of their products, but MM kicks Metabolic Drive’s ass in taste at least. It’s my choice; leave me the fuck alone.

Sincerely Yours,
MM Lover

If you had a brain, you’d realize that MM is basically a “cheat” food, and you’d be just as well off eating a candy bar and scoop of your protein of choice.

I actually don’t think there’s anything wrong with eating a candy bar and protein powder if one is bulking. I just think it’s dumb that people can’t tell the difference between protein and candy and Muscle Milk.

So I’m confused why people use the stuff. I’d rather have a Snicker’s and scoop of MD or Evo Pro. That’s be cheaper per serving, too.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m a dumbass! Thanks for the personal attack, sexy. Muah<3

So are we bitching about fat content here? Because I always thought the big issue with candy bars was sugar…MM has 6g sugar per serving, far less than the 12g sugar in the serving of skim milk that I mix it in.

Fat? I really don’t care. And no, I’m not trying to get RIPT! Who would want to be 175# with 8% bodyfat forever? That’s just GHEY. I’ll stick to my MM and you stick to your Metabolic Drive and the world will be a happier place. But thanks for baiting me, I was in the mood for an argument. Wish you were here to show a youngin like me how misguided I am:-(

I wouldn’t let you lick the spoon I stir my MM with,

The Fan

texasguy wrote:
well fuck. why not a steak and beer then?

Hey, we’re on the same page! But I just keep imagining a bunch of guys chugging Muscle Mik shakes thinking: “Man, I’m eating clean!” LOL.

I personally think the concept of clean eating is stupid. It’s the self-delusion aspect that confounds me. If you read the labels and ingredients, you’ll realize it’s a candy bar w/some quality protein. So go have fun, eat your candy bar, and wash it down with some protein.[/quote]

Please explain to me how the fuck Muscle Milk is “a candy bar w/some quality protein.” A Snickers bar has about 30g of sugar while Muscle Milk only has 6g per serving. Are you worried about the fat, Nancy?

[quote]MBison wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
texasguy wrote:

Hey, we’re on the same page! But I just keep imagining a bunch of guys chugging Muscle Mik shakes thinking: “Man, I’m eating clean!” LOL.

I personally think the concept of clean eating is stupid. It’s the self-delusion aspect that confounds me. If you read the labels and ingredients, you’ll realize it’s a candy bar w/some quality protein. So go have fun, eat your candy bar, and wash it down with some protein.

Please explain to me how the fuck Muscle Milk is “a candy bar w/some quality protein.” A Snickers bar has about 30g of sugar while Muscle Milk only has 6g per serving. Are you worried about the fat, Nancy?[/quote]

He didn’t say he was worried about the fat. He actually clearly stated that. He’s saying people shouldn’t think MM is such a healthy supplement. I’m not like “on California’s side” btw, he’s actually been a douche to me before for no reason, but just pointing it out.

[quote]allNatural wrote:
He’s saying people shouldn’t think MM is such a healthy supplement.
[/quote]
How is it unhealthy? It might not be a good choice for cutting but going back to my Anabolic Diet reading/comment a meal high in fat and protein is ideal for the low carb days.

texasguy wrote:

I personally think the concept of clean eating is stupid. It’s the self-delusion aspect that confounds me. If you read the labels and ingredients, you’ll realize it’s a candy bar w/some quality protein. So go have fun, eat your candy bar, and wash it down with some protein.[/quote]

actually, i was being sarcastic. preferences are preferences. what’s yours may not be anothers.

[quote]CCFan wrote:
How is it unhealthy? It might not be a good choice for cutting but going back to my Anabolic Diet reading/comment a meal high in fat and protein is ideal for the low carb days.[/quote]

I have no problem with a high-fat diet, but I’d never have any of my clients consume that much canola oil if they need to use a couple of servings of MM a day.

I have them use a quality protein powder and add a more desireable fat source if needed.

Canola oil is relatively cheap and looks good to the relatively uninformed, which why it’s used. The whole Lean Lipids thing is a gimmick.

[quote]CCFan wrote:
allNatural wrote:

How is it unhealthy? It might not be a good choice for cutting but going back to my Anabolic Diet reading/comment a meal high in fat and protein is ideal for the low carb days.[/quote]

The level of comprehension in some of these threads is amazing. There is a big gap between “shouldn’t think MM is such a healthy supplement” and “unhealthy”.

Aside from trans-fats, there are few foods that are actually “unhealthy” in and of themselves. A doughnut is not “unhealthy”, it simply isn’t going to provide much real form of nutrition.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
CCFan wrote:
allNatural wrote:

How is it unhealthy? It might not be a good choice for cutting but going back to my Anabolic Diet reading/comment a meal high in fat and protein is ideal for the low carb days.

The level of comprehension in some of these threads is amazing. There is a big gap between “shouldn’t think MM is such a healthy supplement” and “unhealthy”.

Aside from trans-fats, there are few foods that are actually “unhealthy” in and of themselves. A doughnut is not “unhealthy”, it simply isn’t going to provide much real form of nutrition. [/quote]

I don’t follow you here. I think of a doughnut as unhealthy…

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:

I don’t follow you here. I think of a doughnut as unhealthy…[/quote]

Tell me then, how does one doughnut cause poor health?

Individual foods are rarely “unhealthy”. The LIFESTYLE of eating certain foods the majority of the time is what can be unhealthy. If a bodybuilder is getting ready for a contest and spends 6 months dieting eating mostly chicken, fish, protein shakes and tuna…if they have a doughnut after the contest, how much has this damaged their health?

If some obese 40 year old has made “doughnuts and coffee” their staple for breakfast for 20 years, is the coffee unhealthy? Is the doughnut unhealthy?..or is their entire approach to eating “unhealthy”?

People who think like you are the same ones who think of a “hamburger” as “unhealthy” instead of thinking of food as “components”. What makes a hamburger “unhealthy”? Nothing. If you make it yourself it is beef, lettuce and a bun. Chances are your concept of food is screwed.

The Prof makes valid points, IMHO.

dhuge67 wrote:

Individual foods are rarely “unhealthy”. The LIFESTYLE of eating certain foods the majority of the time is what can be unhealthy. If a bodybuilder is getting ready for a contest and spends 6 months dieting eating mostly chicken, fish, protein shakes and tuna…if they have a doughnut after the contest, how much has this damaged their health?

If some obese 40 year old has made “doughnuts and coffee” their staple for breakfast for 20 years, is the coffee unhealthy? Is the doughnut unhealthy?..or is their entire approach to eating “unhealthy”?

People who think like you are the same ones who think of a “hamburger” as “unhealthy” instead of thinking of food as “components”. What makes a hamburger “unhealthy”? Nothing. If you make it yourself it is beef, lettuce and a bun. Chances are your concept of food is screwed.[/quote]

[quote]DtotheG wrote:
So should I go back to my usual PWO staples of Tuna Fish sandwiches, Chili and chicken mixed w a bit of Ramen and veggies?[/quote]

That just Crazy Talk!

Easting food for nutrition?

Crazy!

texasguy wrote:

I think you may be on to something. I remember when clean eating meant avidoiding processed/preserved foods, and consuming more fresh leafy stuff, unstripped grains, and leaner cuts of fresh meats. That was it.

If it has in fact gone to the point of the consumption of supplements for the purpose of ingredient control, then it has become a bastardization of the terms supplement and clean as they apply to dietary practices.

Sometimes shit just gets taken too far and becomes an abomination of its origin.

What sucks is that this is the only thing my university (Stony Brook) sells as a protein drink,

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
texasguy wrote:

I personally think the concept of clean eating is stupid. It’s the self-delusion aspect that confounds me. If you read the labels and ingredients, you’ll realize it’s a candy bar w/some quality protein. So go have fun, eat your candy bar, and wash it down with some protein.

I think you may be on to something. I remember when clean eating meant avidoiding processed/preserved foods, and consuming more fresh leafy stuff, unstripped grains, and leaner cuts of fresh meats. That was it.

If it has in fact gone to the point of the consumption of supplements for the purpose of ingredient control, then it has become a bastardization of the terms supplement and clean as they apply to dietary practices.

Sometimes shit just gets taken too far and becomes an abomination of its origin.[/quote]

Agreed, but we see this all over this forum. You have people literally afraid to eat real food because they are fearful of gaining any body fat. It is like it isn’t a concern that they are wasting time and making very little overall progress in the gym.

I suppose this is where they blame any instance of someone actually gaining significant muscle mass on drug use. You see extremely thin guys bragging about how they haven’t had a cheat day in months. I am confused about how that means anything if you also aren’t looking very muscular at all.

Seriously, why is this stuff so popular? I’m going to gag if I read another dumb question about the stuff. It’s basically protein powder with a ton of fat. You’d be juast as well off using a scoop of Metabolic Drive (Evo Pro) and eating a Hershey’s bar.

Are people really dumb enough to fall for that “lean lipids” nonsense?

This is an honest question. I just don’t get why people are gaa-gaa over this stuff.[/quote]

It’s not quite fair to compare MuscleMilk w/ a Hersey’s bar. They add MCTs, not what is used in a Hersey’s Bar. And they don’t load it up w/ sugar.

I really like the Muscle Milk RTD’s. Why? Mostly because I am a lazy bastard that hates to clean the blender. I also drink Micellar Milks. If Biotest had a RTD I would probably drink it. I just prefer to get my protein drinks in RTD format.

dhuge67 wrote:

People who think like you are the same ones who think of a “hamburger” as “unhealthy” instead of thinking of food as “components”. What makes a hamburger “unhealthy”? Nothing. If you make it yourself it is beef, lettuce and a bun. Chances are your concept of food is screwed.[/quote]

While this explanation makes perfect sense, I still AVOID foods such as doughnuts and other foods that have negligible amounts of nutrition. Empty calories may not be UNHEALTHY but they aren’t doing much other than adding to your total daily caloric intake.

[quote]Jason B wrote:
I really like the Muscle Milk RTD’s. Why? Mostly because I am a lazy bastard that hates to clean the blender. I also drink Micellar Milks. If Biotest had a RTD I would probably drink it. I just prefer to get my protein drinks in RTD format.
[/quote]

I buy those MM RTD’d by the case. Its quick nutrtion while at school.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
ChrisKing wrote:
I’ve tasted this stuff and thought it was fowl.

So it really does taste like chicken, huh? ;)[/quote]

LoL…