Why John McCain Passed McCain-Feingold

"What a bizarre coincidence that a few years after the most draconian campaign-finance laws were imposed via McCain-Feingold, our two front-runners happen to be the media’s picks! It’s uncanny – almost as if by design! (Can I stop now, or do you people get sarcasm?)

By prohibiting speech by anyone else, the campaign-finance laws have vastly magnified the power of the media – which, by the way, are wholly exempt from speech restrictions under campaign-finance laws. The New York Times doesn’t have to buy ad time to promote a politician; it just has to call McCain a “maverick” 1 billion times a year.

It is because of campaign-finance laws like McCain-Feingold that big men don’t run for office anymore. Little men do. And John McCain is the head homunculus.

You want Reagan back? Restore the right to free speech, and you will have created the conditions that allowed Reagan to run."

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25115

The old crook legislated his way into a run for power! What does he have in mind for the country if he should win? This guy is as evil as Hillary!

Didn’t the media all but pronounce McCain dead just a few months ago? Guliani and Fred Thompson were the golden boys.

…The media pick McCain?

I could have sworn Juliani was the media golden boy. I’d forgotten McCain was even running until he pulled second in Illinois, and I’m a semi-frequent NYT and WSJ reader.