T Nation

Why Isn't Androgel Abused?

Just a quick question: I read the Steroids forum when I’m bored at work, and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone discuss ordering Androgel from a UGL or even HG supplier. With all the concerns about having to produce a sterile, injectable product, too much BA/BB, having to procure needles, vials attracting the wrong kind of attention, etc it would seem that a rub-on cream would be perfect for someone who wanted to cycle, yet it really doesn’t seem to be done?

Any reason why?

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:
Just a quick question: I read the Steroids forum when I’m bored at work, and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone discuss ordering Androgel from a UGL or even HG supplier. With all the concerns about having to produce a sterile, injectable product, too much BA/BB, having to procure needles, vials attracting the wrong kind of attention, etc it would seem that a rub-on cream would be perfect for someone who wanted to cycle, yet it really doesn’t seem to be done?

Any reason why?
[/quote]

My guess is that the majority of people who gear up think androgel is too lame/week or something along those lines to be of any effect. Especially when you consider that you have 18 year olds who never lifted before taking enough gear to kill an elephant because they don’t know any better

because 10 grams only contains 100mg of test of which 10% is absorbed by the skin. although we did have a troll on here once wanting to know how he should inject it lol

EDIT
My numbers above from androgels website

[quote]SHREDTODEATH wrote:
because 10 grams only contains 100mg of test of which 10% is absorbed by the skin. although we did have a troll on here once wanting to know how he should inject it lol

EDIT
My numbers above from androgels website[/quote]

So then you double the dosage or apply to an area that absorbs more…

You would need more than double the dose. A lot more.

EDIT
My numbers above from androgels website[/quote]

So then you double the dosage or apply to an area that absorbs more…

[/quote]

An area where it doesnt have to absorb through the skin? Like?..

Guess you could snort it, or rub it in your eyes.

[quote]iammikewatts wrote:

[/quote]

Like the scrotum, penis, taint, etc. My understanding is that the Androgel insert says not to apply in these regions for exactly that reason.

I’m just trying to learn, but both dose and application yield are easily manipulated so I’m not sure that’s the reason.

Quit being a pussy and inject the real shit.

Ok, we know there’s a legal product (Androgel, Testim) and a topical has been used for illicit purposes as well (the Clear), I’m just wondering where the interest went? If I’m a UGL, this would seem interesting to me, and if I were a consumer I think it would attract less attention, less paraphenalia…

Id rather pin twice a week then rub mass amounts of gel on my dick and balls. I think injections would be less noticeable then putting shit on your skin. Plus the cost would be way more expensive then a 50 dollar vial of test

[/quote]

OP: Did you not read this? Do the math. if you are only getting 10 mg for every 10 grams that you are rubbing on, you will have to use a shitload every week to get anywhere near cycle levels. Not to mention that there is likely a point of diminishing returns as far as absorption is concerned.

Androgel is for hrt/trt,not people looking to absorb supraphisiolgical doses.I think you already know that and are just acting the Nieve-One!!!

[quote]BUDs wrote:
Id rather pin twice a week then rub mass amounts of gel on my dick and balls. I think injections would be less noticeable then putting shit on your skin. Plus the cost would be way more expensive then a 50 dollar vial of test[/quote]

Or if you homebrew, a 4 dollar vial of test haha

[/quote]

Like the scrotum, penis, taint, etc. My understanding is that the Androgel insert says not to apply in these regions for exactly that reason.

I’m just trying to learn, but both dose and application yield are easily manipulated so I’m not sure that’s the reason.
[/quote]

great idea! Rub a litre of the shit on your helmet twice a week.

There is a lot of information on the web wrt to Phlogel + Test base and decent absorption rates.
You have to use just plain Test Base, no Ester (TNE). The Ester makes the molecule too large to get through your skin.

I tried the recipe above, and one that uses Primordial Performance Topical Solution. I can say it was marginal at best, made me feel dizzy at the worst.

BTW, Androgel claims 8% absorption over 24 hours, so if you are doing 4 pmps of the 1.62 you are getting 80mg test, but you only absorb (with perfect conditions) @ 6.8mg per day which is less than 50mg per week…a far cry from a cycle dose. Even doubled you would only be getting 100mg/wk.

I recently started to pin TRT doses, but used Androgel for a year.
When I finally started to pin with the 29g slin pins, I was a little ashamed at my fear of needles, it is virtually painless, and you have much better control over your dose.

Androgel, IMO is a gigantic waste of money. Was only a $10 co-pay, but the pharmacy said it would be $650 a month without insurnace. Complete pharmaceutical scam, the stuff is basically alcohol based hand sanitizer with test powder, and a patent.

[quote]PKNY wrote:
There is a lot of information on the web wrt to Phlogel + Test base and decent absorption rates.
You have to use just plain Test Base, no Ester (TNE). The Ester makes the molecule too large to get through your skin.

I tried the recipe above, and one that uses Primordial Performance Topical Solution. I can say it was marginal at best, made me feel dizzy at the worst.

BTW, Androgel claims 8% absorption over 24 hours, so if you are doing 4 pmps of the 1.62 you are getting 80mg test, but you only absorb (with perfect conditions) @ 6.8mg per day which is less than 50mg per week…a far cry from a cycle dose. Even doubled you would only be getting 100mg/wk.

I recently started to pin TRT doses, but used Androgel for a year.
When I finally started to pin with the 29g slin pins, I was a little ashamed at my fear of needles, it is virtually painless, and you have much better control over your dose.

Androgel, IMO is a gigantic waste of money. Was only a $10 co-pay, but the pharmacy said it would be $650 a month without insurnace. Complete pharmaceutical scam, the stuff is basically alcohol based hand sanitizer with test powder, and a patent.
[/quote]

thank you, this is what i was looking for.

cheers.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whenever you decide to get off the Andro training wheels your body should notice a big kick when you first inject. You won’t want anything to do with the gel any longer.

Also anecdotal info on applying gel to your scrotum suggests it can cause impotence. It’s supposed to be applied to muscle in the delt, tricep, bicep region. If you’re a mammal like some of us here a lot of gel is wasted as it adheres to body hair.

The skin on the scrotum is thin so apparently it allows more to be absorbed although too quickly. Enzyme 5-alpha- reductase is greater in the skin of the penis and scrotum and this will convert the testosterone to DHT which raises DHT levels. Not always a good thing.

So don’t inject Androgel, don’t apply to scrotal area and remember it does not prevent the spread of HIV or STD’s when used during masturbation to boost performance.

Sadly, I can confirm what conservative dog says about scrotal application of Androgel. I was so freaked out by needles that I decided to apply to the bag one day. Just a small amount, after all, I was reading about
some topical test preparation that you can order from Australia that recommends application to the onion bag.

How bad could androgel be ? The booklet that comes with the med says not to do it, but was that just put
in there so that people didn’t get cycle type of dosages ? NOPE. 1 pump of the 1.62 killed my boner for three days, I mean killed.

Secondly, it is true about pinning. The difference in feeling is dramatic. You will not want to ever go back
to wasteful, useless, expensive gel. I started with nurse administered 200mg shots with a 23g in the glute, which didn’t hurt at all. Then progressed to the the 29g slin pin at home, its 99.9% painless.

I have done SubQ to my belly, and shallow IM to my quads, glutes, and delts. I know absorption is slower from the fat in my abdomen, but its just so painless that I have progressed to try the shallow IM in these other areas…all without pain.

The other problem is that when a sufficient amount of the gel is applied to elicit an effect, your skin will react to the alcohol and binding agent. It’s not a pretty sight. Better to just get cyp from your doctor if you’re on trt.