Why is YOUR Gym Awesome?

because of me, thats the only reason

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
MeinHerzBrennt wrote:

1. DB’s up to 200lb
  2. Loud obnoxious metal blasting on the PA
  3. Full of older, knowledgable guys who’ve been lifting for many years
  4. It hosts a couple NYS USAPL meets a year
  5. more powerlifting shit than cardio machines (racks and monolifts)
  6. Competitive supplement prices
  7. Incredibly cheap membership fee ($140 a year)

Where is this gym, I’m jealous[/quote]

damn, that an awesome gym… right now i’m at 24hr fatness, and DBs only go up to 125. There is nothing better in my area, ughh.

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
ucallthatbass wrote:
MeinHerzBrennt wrote:

1. DB’s up to 200lb
  2. Loud obnoxious metal blasting on the PA
  3. Full of older, knowledgable guys who’ve been lifting for many years
  4. It hosts a couple NYS USAPL meets a year
  5. more powerlifting shit than cardio machines (racks and monolifts)
  6. Competitive supplement prices
  7. Incredibly cheap membership fee ($140 a year)

Where is this gym, I’m jealous

damn, that an awesome gym… right now i’m at 24hr fatness, and DBs only go up to 125. There is nothing better in my area, ughh.[/quote]

dude my gym’;s DBs go up to 100

im about to quit because im going to be shoulder pressing those soon. once i can hit 100’s x10 on the shoulder press i am switching gyms.

My gym is Bally’s and they are awesome for several reasons.

The people at the desk are totally cool and always remember my name.

The gym is laid out in such a way that you can modify the equipment in many ways.

1. The benches are not bolted down so you cna move them where you want.

2. They have several extra olympic bars that are laying on the ground behind the squat racks.

3. They actually have two full squat racks instead of the lame open style.

4. Over a year ago I brought in an old 2 foot long 2x4 for squatting with elevated heels and it is still there to this day.

5. The equipment is older and well used (which adds character)

There are some big dudes who work out there and one of them is Vic Richards!

I love my gym!

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Sharp4850 wrote:
I pay $24 a month. Soon to drop to $12 a month after I’ve been there for a year. That to me is awesome, for now.

Training at Ballys? Bankrupt bastards. Man, I trained there for a couple of days. All I wanted was a no questions/don’t fuck with me free week pass. They wanted me to join without me even training once in the facility. If that one chick would have “sweetened” the deal I would have probably done it. lol! They only went up to 110s and that is a problem. [/quote]

Haha yup. I love having an unlimited number of free guest passes. Poor guys are just bleeding money…
It does the trick for now, but someday I’ll have to find a place with bumper plates, chalk, and DBs over 100. But being in college, you can’t beat the price!

[quote]force of one wrote:
The only things that are awesome about my gym is the cardio theater and the fact that there’s plenty of benches. Oh and the smoothie bar is pretty good too as long as you get it skinny.

But they only have ONE FRICKIN SQUAT cage and one squat rack, and there isn’t a square inch in the whole place reserved for deadlifting. If you want to DL your supposed to take the bar from the squat rack and do it in front of the station… they actually told me that. That makes the place pretty substandard in my mind. No place to DL but machines of every concievable type crammed into every nook and cranny. [/quote]

NFC/Court South eh?

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:

[/quote]

That’s fucking awesome!!

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:

[/quote]

That’s fucking awesome!!

Let me tell you about my gym:

1. I lift at my college gym, San Diego State University, first of all, it is always beautiful weather and we all know the girls here are amazing

2. 18$a month

3. 6 flat benches, 3 racks of dumbbells that go up to 120lb(plenty for me), 3 squat racks, 4 incline benches, 2 declines and tons of free benches for whatever you need them for.

4. A crapload of hammer strength machines, good quality too, chest, back, legs, delts, bis…anything you need them for

5. sauna

6. 4 full length basketball courts(inside)

7. bowling alley(yet to use it)

8. The girls are once again, delightful to look at.

9. there are some of the biggest guys i have seen in my life. I need to find out who they are because there is no doubt they are well known bodybuilders

10. a seperate room for all of the other machines(not the hammer strength

11)6 other places to do you pull ups other then taking up a rack

1. unlimited use of SDSU’s aquaplex, jacuzzis, bikinis, lap pools

2. punching bags(someone needs to teach me how to hit one)

3. huge cardio room is for some reason you didn’t want to jog around the sunny beautiful campus

4. dance room type thing for the ladies that do the kickboxing and all those group cardio classes

5. they supply their own towels for our use

6. it is awesomely quite at 6am

7. It is a pure pleasure to walk into that place and know i will be there for 2 hours sweating my ass off.

negatives

1. typical douche bag looking guys but defintiely a lot of serious guys too

2. takes me 45minutes to get there

this is the website, the limited amount of pictures does not do it justice

http://arc.sdsu.edu/

oh and there are about 20tvs so i can pretty much keep up with baseball and football to check scores if needed

and we have a ps3 and wii to play if we wanted and 6 computers to check email or anything needed

Has everything I need and I practically have the thing to myself at all hours except between 5pm - 7:30pm. Also the peopel the work there know me well enough I don’t have to bother swiping in or anything which is kind of neat.

Gotta love the varsity gym, 10+ power racks, 10+ benches, 10+ racks with rubber weights for cleans, snatch, etc, indoor turf…in some small sense perfect in my mind

8 squat racks, 8 wooden platforms, decent amount of olympic weights…nuff said

I win and i havnt read any ones posts, my gym is at a dancing skill its full of hot females and its empty at peak hour because they are in dance class.

It has everything a commercial gym has but more hot females.

[quote]JaX Un wrote:
oh and there are about 20tvs so i can pretty much keep up with baseball and football to check scores if needed

and we have a ps3 and wii to play if we wanted and 6 computers to check email or anything needed[/quote]

we don’t have this in my gym, one of the reasons why it is so good.
others:
everyone in the weight room looks like they lift.
the cardio bunnys are in another room.
no body minds me going barefoot.
no body is disrespectfull, even if you train non conventional.
no internet warriors.
health and stupidity officionados haven’t discovered it yet.
the owner is huge.
receptionist is pretty.

my gym has more hot girls. fact.

/edit in response to jzzz

It’s about a 1 minute walk from the office. Seriously, that’s all I’ve got. :frowning:

Oh, and it’s rare for anyone to be using the 1 olympic bar we have.

[quote]hotdog.350 wrote:
Because my gym is a 30 foot walf across my backyard from my backdoor. Full dumbells availiable up to 150, trab bars, bench machine, over half a ton of equipment, all to myself, built for under 100 aus dollars. sweet.[/quote]

and im not training at your house why?

Because I’m the only one in it.

Best thing about my gym, its a really quiet gym, inhabited by office worker types and old people who mainly use the treadmills, and when they come to the free weight area, they either grab the light dumbbells im not using, or take one look at me and decide to go do a machine instead lol.

plus i got it for £10 this month (Y)