Why is YOUR Gym Awesome?

I’m a defendant of a military father so I get on the base gym for free, and dumbbells up to 150.

Well because there are lots of chi… wait no

Because I can be as loud as I… nope not that either

There are lots of seasoned lift… ugh

It’s not full of pink shirt highsch… damnit!

Nobody curls in the squat rack.
That’s about it, and it’s usually because I’m always using it.

Because my gym is a 30 foot walf across my backyard from my backdoor. Full dumbells availiable up to 150, trab bars, bench machine, over half a ton of equipment, all to myself, built for under 100 aus dollars. sweet.

[quote]jCaesar88 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
thefatlineman wrote:
well theres alot of negativies about my gym too many illegal immigrants

From takin jer job to takin jer gym eh? WTF is that supposed to mean?

It means that illegal immigrants are taking over this country one gym at a time! DUH![/quote]

you said it best haha

like im mexican an alot of different nationalities but fuck man…so much spanish going on its pretty much the last thing i want to hear when concentrating…especially when they start speaking really fast and the pitch of there voice goes up…and all of them think their dela hoya and shadow box in between sets…kinda annoying…and hilarious at the same time

an some of there training is retarded like seriously this older kinda built dude was telling these high school kids how to do things differently when they had it down with great technique in the first place…just cuz it took you twenty years to get to a decent 175-85 doesnt mean your the guru of the gym…ignorant mother fuckers at my gym i swear…

but for the most part when its not that 5-8pm time the gym is calm an a really enjoyable place…

I workout at Nubodys, nothing too great about it, But I’m switching to a place called Fitness Fx and its awesome because there’s no “ego-lifters” the dudes who like 50lbs curls by throwing their weight into and yelling at the time of their lungs like a little girl…as far as i know anyways.

This reminds me I was just talking to my younger brother who lives out west. He told me he joined a gym(in Utah). I was “cool which one?”. Then lo and behold the words “Planet Fitness” came out his mouth. I thought I heard wrong at first and said “What did you just say?!” he’s like “Planet fitness!!”.

I literally fell on the floor laughing my ass off. Asking him “Is it like I heard in the stories ? Purple and yellow colors?” “Do they have a lunk alarm thing?”. He says “Yeah WTF I hate that thing, I was doing bench and I was grunting and some guys came over and talked to me all serious”

He says that’s where all the hot girls go though so he likes itshrugs. hahha

The 3 smoking chicks, and the 75 fat messes that make the 3 look even better.

1. DB’s up to 200lb
  2. Loud obnoxious metal blasting on the PA
  3. Full of older, knowledgable guys who’ve been lifting for many years
  4. It hosts a couple NYS USAPL meets a year
  5. more powerlifting shit than cardio machines (racks and monolifts)
  6. Competitive supplement prices
  7. Incredibly cheap membership fee ($140 a year)

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:

1. DB’s up to 200lb
  2. Loud obnoxious metal blasting on the PA
  3. Full of older, knowledgable guys who’ve been lifting for many years
  4. It hosts a couple NYS USAPL meets a year
  5. more powerlifting shit than cardio machines (racks and monolifts)
  6. Competitive supplement prices
  7. Incredibly cheap membership fee ($140 a year)

[/quote]

Where is this gym, I’m jealous

my gym is the shit cuz josh mcmillan (efs powerlifter) used to train there, and he used to help me and shit. theres like the best powerlifting room where you can out lous add death metal on and jam, HOTTTTTTTT ass girls at night, and noone there at 5 am, and at 930 pm, i love training alone

[quote]thefatlineman wrote:
so much spanish going on its pretty much the last thing i want to hear when concentrating…especially when they start speaking really fast and the pitch of there voice goes up…and all of them think their dela hoya and shadow box in between sets…kinda annoying…and hilarious at the same time
[/quote]

Thats why God invented the Ipod dude. You didn’t get the memo? I hear you on the older douche bag gym guru. I had one in my old gym. He told me to quit going so heavy and do more reps. “20 maybe more” then I was like “YEAH WHATEVAH!” and kept on doing my thing. You know?

its the east coast mecca bitch haha

[quote]crod266 wrote:
its the east coast mecca bitch haha[/quote]

Im jealous… How many times have you been distracted mid set because of Ziville walking by?

Also, Carlito. Powerhouse gym is awesome too.

Damn you both.

I lift at Gold’s gym and if you go at the right time you have the place to your self. All the employees there are really cool and you don’t get yelled at for grunted and droppin weights while power lifting(as long as you are in the power lifting section

[quote]elusive wrote:
crod266 wrote:
its the east coast mecca bitch haha

Im jealous… How many times have you been distracted mid set because of Ziville walking by?

Also, Carlito. Powerhouse gym is awesome too.

Damn you both.[/quote]

Checked out your pics you seem to be doing fine with what you got. Good job keep it up.

Hot ass college girls (we have a ratio around 7 girls to 1 guy here at GV) and it’s free.

It isn’t.

I train in an O-lifting Training hall.

1. Squat Stands
  2. Rubber Bumpers
  3. Chalk Bowls
  4. No music
  5. Quality bars
  6. Surrounded by Teammates and a great Coach.

The women, plenty of equipment both free weight and machine, dumbells up to 200#'s, a seperate area for trainees who can bench over 300 pounds, a boxing ring, and a basketball court.

The only things that are awesome about my gym is the cardio theater and the fact that there’s plenty of benches. Oh and the smoothie bar is pretty good too as long as you get it skinny.

But they only have ONE FRICKIN SQUAT cage and one squat rack, and there isn’t a square inch in the whole place reserved for deadlifting. If you want to DL your supposed to take the bar from the squat rack and do it in front of the station… they actually told me that. That makes the place pretty substandard in my mind. No place to DL but machines of every concievable type crammed into every nook and cranny.