T Nation

Why is There No T-Nation Paper Mag?

[quote]AHA wrote:
I don’t know about you guys, but I am a pretty fanatical T-Nation reader, and I would not hesitate to pay for a print edition of T-Nation. After all, it wouldn’t be like your typical Muscle & Fiction rag where you’re just being fed a bunch of crap. I’d easily pay like $25 per issue if it was decently thick.

I always have a ton of interesting books and magazines lying around for my visitors to check out, and I feel that a T-Nation magazine would fit in really well with my collection.

So, why isn’t there a paper edition? :)[/quote]

I have a better idea. Rather than going to the store and buying your red meat, how about you go to a cattle farm, kill the fucker with your bare hands, drag it to the butchers, skin and fillet it yourself, grind up what isnt suitable for steaks, THEN fire up your grill.

for fucks sake please THINK before you post. just a little.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
AHA wrote:
They should do market research on whether a print mag could be financially viable. I bet it could.

how? newspapers are failing left and right. its much more viable to have an online base, why go pay 5 bucks a magazine and wait monthly for it when you can check online from your iPhone while you take a dump?[/quote]

Go look at Lulu and Magcloud, publish-on-demand services. That means that cost per issue is higher to the consumer but there is no starting fee to print stuff for the content producer.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
AHA wrote:
I don’t know about you guys, but I am a pretty fanatical T-Nation reader, and I would not hesitate to pay for a print edition of T-Nation. After all, it wouldn’t be like your typical Muscle & Fiction rag where you’re just being fed a bunch of crap. I’d easily pay like $25 per issue if it was decently thick.

I always have a ton of interesting books and magazines lying around for my visitors to check out, and I feel that a T-Nation magazine would fit in really well with my collection.

So, why isn’t there a paper edition? :slight_smile:

I have a better idea. Rather than going to the store and buying your red meat, how about you go to a cattle farm, kill the fucker with your bare hands, drag it to the butchers, skin and fillet it yourself, grind up what isnt suitable for steaks, THEN fire up your grill.

for fucks sake please THINK before you post. just a little. [/quote]

God Damn I felt the flame through the screen on that one…

On another note, I think I’m in love…

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:
amphibian wrote:
How about a compromise, we pay for a full color supplement in print that is made entirely of hot babe pictures(heavy guage cum resistent pages) and the rest of the content stays free and online?

There, fixed.[/quote]

Ya I prefer your idea.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
AHA wrote:
They should do market research on whether a print mag could be financially viable. I bet it could.

how? newspapers are failing left and right. its much more viable to have an online base, why go pay 5 bucks a magazine and wait monthly for it when you can check online from your iPhone while you take a dump?[/quote]

Oh my God. Reading T-Nation and pooping. Two of my absolute most favorite activities of all time, AT THE SAME TIME. Makes me wish I had to poop right now. =(

Thanks for the inspiration, 781.

I can’t stand reading articles on a computer screen. It really bugs my eyes and makes me lose interest. Print articles would be great, but it won’t obviously ever happen.

[quote]kickingking wrote:
I still have 2 issues, wishing i picked up more, they could be worth millions lol
[/quote]

I also have a few. That’s how I learned about Old Fashioned Oatmeal and Cottage Cheese being such great foods. Have been eating both every day ever since.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
AHA wrote:

On another note, I think I’m in love…[/quote]

Really? that was the muchly edited version. I was so proud I swore only twice. Had to get up and walk away to keep myself from bitch slapping the monitor though. I forget sometimes that dumb people are not the fault of my computer.

[quote]AHA wrote:
They should do market research on whether a print mag could be financially viable. I bet it could.[/quote]

Print is quickly disappearing. I doubt it.

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
polo77j wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
AHA wrote:

On another note, I think I’m in love…

Really? that was the muchly edited version. I was so proud I swore only twice. Had to get up and walk away to keep myself from bitch slapping the monitor though. I forget sometimes that dumb people are not the fault of my computer. [/quote]

regardless I felt the indignation and rage … reminded me of how I deal with stupidity

[quote]polo77j wrote:

regardless I felt the indignation and rage … reminded me of how I deal with stupidity [/quote]

i think you handle yourself rather well. for a troll. :wink:

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
polo77j wrote:

regardless I felt the indignation and rage … reminded me of how I deal with stupidity

i think you handle yourself rather well. for a troll. ;-)[/quote]

hahaha … ooo so that’s how you’re gonna play huh? It’s cool, I can fight dirty too :slight_smile:

[quote]CBear84 wrote:
polo77j wrote:

i think you handle yourself rather well. for a troll. ;-)[/quote]

Don’t forget weak pussy that benches 135, can’t understand lego metaphors, and hates on Toaster Strudels. :wink:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
polo77j wrote:

Don’t forget weak pussy that benches 135, can’t understand lego metaphors, and hates on Toaster Strudels. ;)[/quote]

whoa … I never hated on toaster strudels … they’re far superior to pop tarts … just like waffles are better than pancakes

[quote]polo77j wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
CBear84 wrote:
polo77j wrote:

Don’t forget weak pussy that benches 135, can’t understand lego metaphors, and hates on Toaster Strudels. :wink:

whoa … I never hated on toaster strudels … they’re far superior to pop tarts … just like waffles are better than pancakes[/quote]

SCORE!

My memory is going pretty quick I guess. My bad

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
just like waffles are better than pancakes
[/quote]

cuz its easier to spread the pb on them and the little pockets keep it from falling off.