T Nation

Why Is There No Grammar?

I heartily agree with the concerns stated here about grammar. I actually read over my posts a couple times before posting to ensure that I’ve not made a silly mistake. I’m sure that a few get through, anyway.

I still remember the first time I saw “your” used for “you’re.” I was in 10th grade( THIRTY years ago ) and wondered how someone could progress through that many years of school and not know any better.

Still, the majority of T-Nation posters that I’ve read use very good grammar, spelling, etc. I frequent a couple other boards where spelling and grammar is atrocious. Hmmm. Should I say “is atrocious” because spelling and grammar together are one thing or should I treat them as separate things and say “are atrocious?”

Also, check out USAtoday.com and read the comments at the bottom of stories. I’ve no doubt that some of those people initially tried to comment on stories by writing on their computer screens with crayons!

[quote]Kuz wrote:
The one thing that bothers me the most is the fact that no one seems to know how to spell the verb “lose” properly any more. If I see one more person write something about “loosing fat” or “loosing weight”, I’m going to openly weep.
[/quote]

Much of that weight is loosed as the muffin top. Fear its gelatinous rumbling.

Wait, gram mar is one word?

Que pasa si hablo Español?.

I’m irritated by people who don’t pronounce “ing” properly. They make it sound like “een”.

Example:

I was curleen in the squat rack, but I saw a guy squatteen with a curl bar.

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Que pasa si hablo Español?.[/quote]

You get a cookie, because I understand that better than some of the “English” around here.

I’m tired of you bozos writing, ‘here, here’ when you agree with someone. You’re not calling a dog. It’s ‘hear, hear’. you want evrybuddy to listen to what teh other person has said.

clowns.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Since we are bitching, if you don’t capitalize and make an attempt at proper grammar and sentence structure, I instantly assume I am a lot smarter than you.

Trust me, that ain’t no fucking compliment. [/quote]

Book smarts is one thing,street smarts and common sense is a different animal all together.

lets keep this in mind when you are looking down your nose at someone that can not spell ok?

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
Que pasa si hablo Español?.[/quote]

tu hablas*

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’m irritated by people who don’t pronounce “ing” properly. They make it sound like “een”.

Example:

I was curleen in the squat rack, but I saw a guy squatteen with a curl bar.[/quote]

i know and like whats with people saying canteen?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I’m irritated by people who don’t pronounce “ing” properly. They make it sound like “een”.

Example:

I was curleen in the squat rack, but I saw a guy squatteen with a curl bar.[/quote]

Dirty Canadians.

Except the women, they’re alright.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Que pasa si hablo Español?.

tu hablas*

[/quote]

Que?.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Que pasa si hablo Español?.

tu hablas*

Que?.

toto abierta puta!!![/quote]

Prastite ty goluboi?

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Que pasa si hablo Español?.

tu hablas*

Que?.[/quote]

im pretty sure you just said “yes i speak spanish?”

[quote]ronaldo7 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Que pasa si hablo Español?.

tu hablas*

Que?.[/quote]

and doggy you dont need a period after a question mark, yeesh

que lengua esta hablando?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Que pasa si hablo Español?.

tu hablas*

Que?.

and doggy you dont need a period after a question mark, yeesh

que lengua esta hablando?[/quote]

Nyet anglyiski.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ronaldo7 wrote:
Que pasa si hablo Español?.

tu hablas*

Que?.

im pretty sure you just said “yes i speak spanish?”[/quote]

Sure or not you are wrong lol. Close though.

why is der no grammer?

ai zink grammar iz oberr ated vut whu ise ai?

A more grammatically correct title for this thread would be, “Why don’t people use proper grammar?”

There always, in fact, is grammar whether it follows accepted conventions or not. It is impossible to formulate sentences without grammar. Syntax one of the essential features of all communication. In fact, most people who would be considered unintelligible to the literati are quite understandable to their own peers because they have their own accepted conventions of syntax.