Why is the Left so Violent?

Well, I’m actually generally okay with confederate flags. Thing is, no one displays those. You see a lot of southern crosses, which were never a confederate flag. It has some history with the army of northern Virginia, but most of that flag’s history is founded in the segregationist movement. Generally, someone actually displaying a flag of the confederacy at least has some understanding of what they are displaying and most people offended by the southern cross flag aren’t offended by actual confederate flags. Stars and Bars = some thought at least. Southern cross = ignorance of what you are wearing.

I follow you now. For WV: “West Virginia split from Virginia in 1861 because the population was divided on the issue of secession from the Union during the Civil War. Many of the plantation owners in the eastern part of the state owned slaves, while plantation owners in the western portion of the state did not.”

-Wikipedia

I was positive VA was confederate, with Richmond being the capital, and there is still a Jefferson Davis Middle School in my Wife’s hometown.

I was waiting for someone to come in and play the word games. Kinda like when people play the KKK Democrat game. It’s all the same nonetheless.

1 Like

LOL! True. Barely, but true. Thanks be to God the South lost. I couldn’t imagine living in a world with real, actual slavery still in existence. Gettysburg was the turning point, but boy the North won by a sliver. Had the south won that battle, Lincoln would have been forced to sue for peace and it would be 2 nations not one. It’s hard to imagine that. The Confederate States of America being a thing in the 21st century, is just hard to imagine.

The original Confederate flag was this:

They had to change it to something more distinct because it looked too similar to the US flag on the battle field, and when it was smokey and hot and dusty it was hard to see which side you were on. Hell, in the first battles both sides wore the grey of the state militias, talk about confusing.

Ah my bad. I always confuse my Virginias

1 Like

That could get you killed depending on which state you’re in. :grin:

1 Like

I can agree with this. It’s just really important to be fair. Let’s take for example, the monument in the town I currently live in:

A common soldier statue - 1905

Front: ERECTED BY THE JAMES B. GORDON CHAPTER / UNITED DAUGHTERS OF THE CONFEDERACY / OCTOBER 1905 / WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -and lower in raised letters- OUR CONFEDERATE/ DEAD.

Left: AS SOUTHERN SOLDIERS OF THE WAR OF 1861-1865, THEY SHARE THE FAME THAT MANKIND AWARDS TO THE HEROES WHO SERVED IN THAT GREAT CONFLICT.

Right: IN CAMP ON FAME’S ETERNAL CAMPING GROUND.

Rear: SLEEPING, BUT GLORIOUS / DEAD IN FAME’S PORTAL / DEAD BUT VICTORIOUS / DEAD BUT IMMORTAL / THEY GAVE US GREAT GLORY /WHAT MORE COULD THEY GIVE? / THEY LEFT US A STORY, / A STORY TO LIVE!

Monument Dedication and Unveiling:
Alfred M. Waddell gave the dedication speech, which praised the loyalty of Forsyth County residents to the Confederacy.

Basically, it’s praising the people who died in the war that fought for the Confederacy. How do you fairly depict that those people were fighting for the right to have slaves? That monument solely glorifies them. If it’s a monument to a specific person you can list good and bad traits obviously. It’s challenging.

http://docsouth.unc.edu/commland/monument/15/

Nice! We have friends in Marietta…was down there for their wedding last summer. Sis is in Buckhead. Waffle House it is!

“The South Will Rise Again.”

If you assimilate into a culture, the people that share that culture become one’s “own people.” Using “their own people” as synonymous with “race” is truly…racist.

Word games? I just condemned the flying of the southern cross and called people ignorant or racist if they fly it.

And if you don’t understand the ties between the Dems of the KKK and modern Dems you are either ignorant of history or ignorant of present circumstances. Dems were and are the party of positive rights enforced by positive aggressive government and private action. Republicans are and always have been the party of natural negative human rights. The Dems have always been pro force to make people do or not do what they want. Republicans have always maintained that individual negative rights come first. The Dems are the party of segregation, and slavery, both as a modern and historical construct. They defended slavery, instituted Jim Crowe, they fought civil rights, they instituted the welfare state (to hold blacks in servitude according to the Dems who started it), push abortion (including the overwhelming disparity of black fetuses that are killed), and have even started calling for the segregation of schools again. Treating people based on skin color is and always has been a fundamental principal of the Dems. Republicans have always and continue to push for equal application of federal policy and law regardless of skin color.

The delineation between “The Southern Cross” and the actual “Confederate Flag.” I agree on the latter, but it does not change what the Confederacy stood for and thus, doesn’t make it any better to fly the Stars and Bars, albeit maybe a little less ignorant.

I refuse to argue with you over this negative-positive rights nonsense, or the KKK word-games. It’s truly not relevant, though I did expect it. but I will note:

This is a joke. Well worded to fit your motives, but must be a joke.

2 Likes

I think you are still misreading me. I don’t support the confederate flag. But it is a least factually consistent to fly it for civil war history/rebellion because it did at least fly over those things. The souther cross did not. It’s only history is segregation and jim crowe.

Of course this means you acknowledge that it is accurate. Equal application of the law means no to slavery and affirmative action. They are at root the same principal. Even if you make the argument now that things like the welfare state are pro-black (something I contend) the policy is still the direct descendant of the segregationist Dems. But again, the democrats are actually still calling for the segregation of schools. Not even the most biased observer can deny that parallel.

I would never make such an assertion. I will simply say that equal protection =/= fixing past transgressions.

Right, that’s the point, equal protection (republicans) and fixing things with the government (Dems) has always been the same and are in direct opposition to one another. While a modern Dem can be pro- affirmative action and anti-slavery, the base democrat philosophy of overriding negative rights is required for both while the republican philosophy of individual negative rights disallows both. Dems (sorta) flipped the direction of application but not base philosophy or modes of operation.

That’s fair.

Ah, the virtuous… tolerant… high-minded… idealistic left, murdering, persecuting, humiliating, mutilating, assaulting, starving, and torturing millions of people since 1917, all in the name of equality! :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

Hey man, I look forward to it. When that comes around, I would love to break bread with you.

1 Like

No. It won’t. I love southern food, but slave culture, no fucking way.