Why is the Left so Violent?

I like to avoid comparisons of people to Hitler and Nazis but this one was fun.

http://ijr.com/2017/02/797086-youve-heard-people-compare-trump-to-hitler-so-we-asked-a-woman-who-was-born-in-nazi-germany/

1 Like

Actually, LBJ made quite the switch from the time he took office to the time he retired. His rhetoric prior to the Voting Rights act was aimed at making southern democrat feel somewhat more comfortable. But by the time he left office, he officially banned the use of the word ā€˜niggerā€™ anywhere near him and damned anybody who dare to say it. He stormed out of meeting after retirement, of racist southern democrats because of the use of the word and hosted several Civil Rights events prior to his death.

So I actually commend the guy for his change in attitude and change in general. Change is hard to do especially on yourself. From his rise in his early political career, to the end of his life he changed from somewhat racist, to completely 100% for civil rights and equal rights.

1 Like

They conveniently leave out the millions of people they enslave with their social programs among their number who skew left politically. And the argument is flawed by default. Itā€™s an appeal to authority. So that if people with higher authority think X is true, then it must be true.

Every place Left Wing tactics are used politically, they fail.

A couple of years ago, Scandinavian countries were held up as the pillars of liberal thought in practice and success. Forget the small populations and the fact that they were 99.999% white. That came crashing down with the refugee crisis and the rising crime waves that came with it, particularly sexual assault. Now those systems are crushing under the pressure of the monster they created and are being forced to change.

ā€œI black womanā€™s body is like the temple of doomā€ ~ Uncle Roofusā€¦ LOL!:laughing:

1 Like

Crazy. ā€œProgressiveā€ outlets are read by terrorists.

Thanks for sharing.
All makes a lot of sense. I would hope itā€™s not on purpose, but if it ainā€™t on purpose then they truly believe we canā€™t take care of ourselves and thus need to rely on the government for everything. How do you wake someone up from that? Do you feel like moving away from that world (of dependency) caused you to alienate a lot of people in the process?

I feel like whenever one of our people tried to see past all of the obstacles we have no control over (i.e racism and perceived racism) and focus solely on achieving at the highest level, they often end up like Ben Carson. Heā€™s an amazingly gifted scientist but no Black person wants to be affiliated with him because heā€™s a ā€œsell-out.ā€ I mean he has 100% assimilated. Some people would say thatā€™s a good thing, but in my opinion, at some point you have to go and help your own folks up. Open a hospital in Detroit where you grew up, teach your people how to climb the ladder, and ultimately create jobs where they are most needed. A job stops a bullet everytime. I dunno. Just seems a lot of our folks get caught up in Corporate America rather than Incorporating their own America.

LOL Aaron McGruder is brilliant. Definitely was vulgar. You have to juxtapose the stereotypes against everyone else to show just how ridiculous they are, but you also have a people that fit them and people who know people that fit them so I think it all plays together. I really miss his writing.

Makes sense

I feel like I see sympathy and classism from some highly educated people similar to what you describe. If youā€™re a poor brown person, theyā€™re more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt, but they still see your as ā€œlesser thanā€ if that makes sense. Definitely doesnā€™t apply to everyone, but Iā€™m I have witnessed it. In this model, government support is there because they feel bad for you and all you have had to deal with. It is still smug, just a different type of smugness vs what they show blue collar white guys.

Hey @thefourthruffian
I am just curious on your take of the Dakota Pipeline thing. Does it bother you or not?

I see this as a problem. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with Ben Carson, white, black or purple he is hella smart and successful. And to be a pediatric neurosurgeon is the cream of the crop. Why would somebody not want to be associated with a guy like that? Politics aside, isnā€™t it better to have smart successful friends no matter your race?

My daughter has a friend over right now. I took them out to dinner last night. She said, ā€œUh oh, I am scared, thereā€™s no black people in thereā€ at the Waffle House. Which was really weird since I have never been there where there wasnā€™t several either working or eating. I knew she was joking, but it is a little sad too. Because I know behind it is a bad experience or some negative emotion.

2 Likes

I agreeā€¦but itā€™s kind of like that parent who is always talking down to youā€¦you donā€™t really want to listen to or associate with them, even if you should. Thatā€™s kind of how Ben Carson treats the black community. Monolithically.

LOVE waffle house lol. Yeahā€¦I think thatā€™s a long running joke, but it does have its basis in a feeling of ā€œif there are no Black people in here, itā€™s for a reason.ā€ I learned that joke from my parents and Iā€™m sure it was a more realistic issue for them than it is for us now, and so on and so forth with their parents. Itā€™s kind of synonymous with avoiding the confederate flag. I donā€™t know where you live, but here in NC if you see it, you tend to go the other way. Generally where you see the flag, you donā€™t see Black folks.

He should be reaching out. I donā€™t know if he feels abandoned or as if his community turned on him so heā€™s snubbing them back, but he should reach out at least to where he grew up. The best cure for racism is success and the more black people that are successful, the better it is for everybody. Just like winning on a football team.
The more successful black people are, the less color matters. That really goes for anybody, but if we are talking race I think thatā€™s the best cure. And nobody truly does it on their own, we all need to help each other out. There is no ā€˜self made manā€™ behind successful people is a litany of people who made it possible. And a little Divine Providence too[quote=ā€œMoreMuscle, post:90, topic:225936ā€]
LOVE waffle house lol. Yeahā€¦I think thatā€™s a long running joke, but it does have its basis in a feeling of ā€œif there are no Black people in here, itā€™s for a reason.ā€ I learned that joke from my parents and Iā€™m sure it was a more realistic issue for them than it is for us now, and so on and so forth with their parents. Itā€™s kind of synonymous with avoiding the confederate flag. I donā€™t know where you live, but here in NC if you see it, you tend to go the other way. Generally where you see the flag, you donā€™t see Black folks.
[/quote]

I really, really, really wish the Stars and bars didnā€™t represent that. I have lived in the South all of my life and grew up with that flag, but growing up, I didnā€™t really know any history. I associated it with music mainly, country or Lynard Skynard.
Problem is, I like the flag. Just as a piece of art, I like the way it looks. Not what it represents, mind you, I just think itā€™s a cool design. But itā€™s been designated as a racist symbol now.

Prior to the last 10 years or so, was the Stars and Bars considered something to fear? I just feel that these negative feelings have been manufactured recently. If not manufactured then amplified a thousand fold. Growing up, it was just a thing. It was everywhere. Stores, restaurants, hell it was the GA flag up until very recently. So I never really gave it much thought other than that this is the south and thatā€™s the flag for it.

Mind you, I did not have a normal childhood at allā€¦ We are legal immigrants and I didnā€™t even speak English until I was five. So my experiences were not typicalā€¦

And I love me some Waffle House, if you are ever in N. GA let me know and we can pow wow over some Scattered, Smothered and Coveredā€¦

Where I grew up in WV (couple decades ago), you were more likely to see a confederate flag flying on someoneā€™s porch or in their front yard than the 50 stars variant. My fatherā€™s side of the family, which lives about 3 hours north of us in Central Ohio openly hated visiting us during holidays/events as the confederate flag was so commonplace. Gpa would constantly harp on it any time we left the house, and Gma would argue with him about being civil during family gatherings.

Their logic was that the confederate flag represented a nation that was, at its core, created to keep slavery in place, and that flying it was disrespectful. Iā€™m pretty sure most of my momā€™s side of the family still flies the Confederate flag, but I havenā€™t been down there in about 7 years now so idk for sure.

2 Likes

100% agree. Not sure of the motivations, but it can happen to Blacks that do very well in Corporate ā€œWhiteā€ America (think Tom from Boondocks). Some people assimilate into that culture and with it, take on condescending views of their own people. It doesnā€™t help that, we as a people tend to carry a lot of self-hate internalized from years of being told Black people are inherently bad/worst than everyone else (think of all the stereotypes in Boondocks via Uncle Ruckus).

It has been as long as I can remember. Even as a kid, my parents would remind us to stay away from areas where the flag was. If you want to go back further, it was the same when my Grandma would drive down to Fayeteville, NC from VA to visit My Grandad at Ft. Bragg.

It did flair up when Dylan Roof was seen with it and all, but it has always inspired fearā€¦itā€™s just ingrained into southern society as you mentioned, along with all the confederate soldier monuments and what not. If you were around it, you felt you were in hostile territory.

A Black person that looks at a confederate monument or the flag sees oppression, we associate it directly with Jim Crow, Slavery, and the KKK. For a Southerner they may see an ancestor, or someone fighting for what they thought was right, or going to the call of duty, etc. Those two lines of thinking wonā€™t change.
Thereā€™s a reason they passed a law in SC that you canā€™t remove those monuments or even change names of historical buildings without a 2/3 majority vote lol. Thereā€™s also a reason I stay the fuck out of SC.

Haha. Augusta area? Sister in law is in Atlanta. Will absolutely remember for the next trip down, thatā€™s about halfway.

2 Likes

This is slightly off-topic, but has anyone tried to talk with your confederate family to find out why they believe the way they do? I would guess the vast majority simply just do what they know and if they grow up in a family that has hate projected on people, which that behavior is simply passed on.

In the book ā€œOutliersā€ there is a chapter about how Southern people tend to get more physical at a faster rate than their Northern counterparts. I found the book illuminating and very telling of our countryā€™s past.

Just my little sample of food for thought ; )

That side of the family doesnā€™t even root far enough back to be involved in the civil war. From their heated discussions with my father, itā€™s because ā€œthey are criminalsā€ and ā€œthey are poor govt moochesā€

Emphasis on ā€œthey.ā€ My Gpa loves to use the word THEM

Simply asking, does he/do they realize there are mooches from the government of every sort, in every state? He can visit the country, in any corner and they will be there.

just curious. Here ends my queries ; )

To be honest, I would assume so, but Iā€™ve never asked him. I do my best to avoid that side of the family. When we have family events I try to avoid talking about minorities, religion, and anything involving the 2nd amendment.

Edit: In Gpaā€™s defense, he also hateā€™s anyone from Eastern Europe.

1 Like

Lol thatā€™s interesting seeing as WVA broke away during the Civil War to be part of the Union.

1 Like

My family lineage (on both sides) doesnā€™t even go back far enough to the civil war. My ancestors from that time period were all in Europe.

Also side note, I believe WV was a confed state, and that they formed by breaking off from VA to keep slaves, but I havenā€™t studied history in forever.

Every time I see a confederate flag I think ā€œyou know they lost right? What are you, some kind of loser?ā€

I said that to a customer at a gunshow one time who had the shirt on. He looked at me like that was a novel thought that never crossed his mind before.

2 Likes

Well thanks for clearing up my ignorance on the matter. I mean I know how it is perceived now, I just didnā€™t know what it was like before all the PC stuff started happening. I am split on monuments and such. I donā€™t want to honor or celebrate slavery by any means. I just donā€™t want to pretend it didnā€™t happen, that the Civil War didnā€™t happen and that things were what they were as a matter of history. Especially, in that I am a history buff and I find the Civil War and that era in American history fascinating. Not that I would have wanted to live through it. Sounds like a miserable time to be alive.

I am actually in Atlanta metro, north side.

1 Like