Why Is That Your Best/Worst Bodypart?

I played hockey growing from the age of 4 to 20. I played goalie and i have think that some of my better/worse body parts may be explained/caused by hockey.

Biceps - I have trouble getting a pump in my right bicep and it is smaller and weaker than my left. This might be because my left arm moved(glove hand - vertical movement) where as my right arm there was little movement(held stick no vertical movement).

Quadss - Same as the biceps. Left leg is a lot stronger than my right. I favored my left leg to get up on the ice.

Calves - My inner calves are drastically more developed than my outer calves. In hockey you are always on your inner edge.

Shoulders - are a good body part for me. As a goalie I had to keep my arms up and out any time the puck was in the zone.

I look at Phil Heath and all those years of basketball may explain why his arms are one one of his better body parts.

Just curious if anyone else has found earlier activites/sports influencing their better/worse bodyparts.

Oh yaa!
My legs are pretty freakin’ jacked from Football.

However, playing receiver, my arms are kinda small in comparison…
Maybe I need to block more on the perimeter?
Haha.

…But anyways, the real reason I posted in this thread.
Is it a coincidence that you played from the ages of 4-20?
4/20? Lol.

Posted: April 20th, 2012

Best, I’m gonna say back.

Worst, calves. I have no excuses for calves, I just haven’t trained them consistently enough, though I’ve been better about that the last month. Back, I just fucking love it.

Chest i have a really hard time contracting it during a movement.

Best in terms of growth and adaptation would be biceps, and perhaps hamstrings, worst would be pecs and delts.

Bodypart wise I pretty much suck at everything.

But I did play baseball, by the time I was 16 I threw around 79-82 mph. Considering I was 140lbs at the time that was not bad. The problem is that I had really inefficient mechanics, but my shoulder were really strong. But the repetitive action of pitching put a lot of displaced stress on my biceps.

Going into lifting that makes my shoulder pressing strength dis-proportionally strong compared to Bench pressing. Also my left bicep is stronger than my right. Another thing that the pitching did is stretch out the left hamstring (from the follow through). That makes one hamstring a lot looser than the other.

I just spent the last three or so months trying to fix these; got to a point where training was impossible because a prior injury kept creeping up.

I seem to have legs that grow pretty easily. I attribute it to being a distance runner, running 5k and all kind of taught me to really push myself past my pain barrier, at least with legs.

Everything else blows