Why is Ratchet Loading Necessary?

Christian,

Thank you so much for the contribution you’ve made to the world of health and fitness. I am a 37 year old female officer in the Navy and I do the iBodybuilder workout with a F-16 fighter pilot in the Air Force. We love the workout. The pilot only has good things to say about your iBodybuilder program.

However, we don’t seem to understand the benefits of Ratchet loading? I’ve tried to make a few estimations, for instance; the 1,3 1,3 1,3 rep scheme is good because it helps keep the lifter from over exerting their muscles while still building strength. Yet, on the second day of the workout for each phase you have Ratchet loading in the routine for the 1st 3-4 exercises, and those exercises are all using different muscle groups. I can’t imagine that the lifters muscles would be at risk of getting fatigued during that routine.

Can you help me understand the benefits of Ratchet loading please? Then I can explain it to the pilot. He and I would both be incredibly grateful. Thanks so much, Amber