T Nation

Why is Israel Spying on Us?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/22/espionage.charge/index.html?iref=topnews

Isn’t Israel our ally? Why is our ally spying on us? And it would not surprise me if they could get the “secrets” for free.

The US relationship with Israel is anything but symbiotic. More like parasitic…

Probably the same reason Canada is spying on us. Yes, I said Canada.

The spy game has become the norm. We have spies from practically ever country in our government. (And the opposite is generally true too.)

Just the way the world works right now.

[quote]The Mage wrote:
Probably the same reason Canada is spying on us. [/quote]

Yes, probably. But Canada isn’t expecting any charity from the US. Israel drains the US taxpayers of billions of dollars and defiantly messes up with American national security. And nobody can do jackshit about it because AIPAC is such an influential lobby.

[quote]The Mage wrote:
Probably the same reason Canada is spying on us. Yes, I said Canada.

The spy game has become the norm. We have spies from practically ever country in our government. (And the opposite is generally true too.)

Just the way the world works right now.[/quote]

Yes it does. Everyone spies on everyone and always has. The US is remarkably incompetent in this area and traditionally has been.

The reason Israel spies is they want to know all secrets and they want the best military technology immediately. The don’t want to wait for congressional approval to get it.

They spy on the US so they can manipulate circumstances for their own ends.

What would you think if I said much of the money Bin Laden gets was originally from Israeli pockets?

After financing 9/11, they sure have reaped rewards.

[quote]kroby wrote:
They spy on the US so they can manipulate circumstances for their own ends.

What would you think if I said much of the money Bin Laden gets was originally from Israeli pockets?

After financing 9/11, they sure have reaped rewards.[/quote]

Could you provide a source with regards to Israel providing money to Bin Laden and financing 911?

[quote]lixy wrote:
The Mage wrote:
Probably the same reason Canada is spying on us.

Yes, probably. But Canada isn’t expecting any charity from the US. Israel drains the US taxpayers of billions of dollars and defiantly messes up with American national security. And nobody can do jackshit about it because AIPAC is such an influential lobby.[/quote]

Could you please clarify what you mean when you say that “nobody can do jackshit about it”. What exactly are you saying would happen to people who tried to do something about it.

Here is an interesting statistic. There are more Buddhists currently serving in our military than Jews. There are less than 4000 jews in our military. They make up a whopping quarter of 1% of all members currently serving. This seems a little bit off considering our foreign policy has been the same as Israel’s foreign policy don’t you think? I am wondering how many American jews go off to serve in Israel’s military?

http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/3705

As Tzu sun stated in the Art of War, the winner is aways the one with the best spy network. Spying was aways be around, they just don’t get caught very often, which is supposed to be the way it works. It’s not like the Us isn’t spying on the whole world.

[quote]kroby wrote:
They spy on the US so they can manipulate circumstances for their own ends.

What would you think if I said much of the money Bin Laden gets was originally from Israeli pockets?

After financing 9/11, they sure have reaped rewards.[/quote]

This makes absolutely no sense. What possible reason could Israelis have to finance a filthy rich fellow?

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
lixy wrote:
The Mage wrote:
Probably the same reason Canada is spying on us.

Yes, probably. But Canada isn’t expecting any charity from the US. Israel drains the US taxpayers of billions of dollars and defiantly messes up with American national security. And nobody can do jackshit about it because AIPAC is such an influential lobby.

Could you please clarify what you mean when you say that “nobody can do jackshit about it”. What exactly are you saying would happen to people who tried to do something about it. [/quote]

I am saying that Zionists have way too much power for anyone to challenge the status quo successfully. I don’t know something that automatically happens to people who try to do something about it, but it usually involves playing the race card, calling him/her an anti-Semite (which is a total farce given that it’s Zionism that’s criticize), Hitler comparisons. I suppose that we can’t exclude dying under mysterious circumstances.

[quote]Regular Gonzalez wrote:
kroby wrote:
They spy on the US so they can manipulate circumstances for their own ends.

What would you think if I said much of the money Bin Laden gets was originally from Israeli pockets?

After financing 9/11, they sure have reaped rewards.

Could you provide a source with regards to Israel providing money to Bin Laden and financing 911?

[/quote]

No. That was just the conspiracy theorist in me coming out.

[quote]lixy wrote:
kroby wrote:
They spy on the US so they can manipulate circumstances for their own ends.

What would you think if I said much of the money Bin Laden gets was originally from Israeli pockets?

After financing 9/11, they sure have reaped rewards.

This makes absolutely no sense. What possible reason could Israelis have to finance a filthy rich fellow?[/quote]

What possible reason??? Attacking muslim ME countries, for starters. Choosing them as the lesser of two evils wrt muslim Palestine… The US is doing a bang-up job cleaning their back yard. Plus, we get all the crap for doing it.

Imagine for a second that it was Israel, not the US, invading Iraq, Afganistan… with threatening overtures to Syria and Iran.

Now do you see what Israel has to gain?

I do not see Canada as such a militant and agressive country as I do Israel, I do not see us handing money and weapons to Canada hand over fist and I have not seen anything about Canada spying on us recently in the news.

For these reasons I feel better about the baseless claim Canada spies on us all the time so it’s ok if Israel does it too.

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
I do not see Canada as such a militant and agressive country as I do Israel, I do not see us handing money and weapons to Canada hand over fist and I have not seen anything about Canada spying on us recently in the news.

For these reasons I feel better about the baseless claim Canada spies on us all the time so it’s ok if Israel does it too. [/quote]

Who ever said it was ok? But it should be pointed out that we also have spies in both of these countries also.

But as far as militant, realize what is surrounding Israel. If they are not “militant”, then they will not exist. They will be wiped off the map.

It’s just Israel’s way of giving back some of your money. Paying for all those secrets isn’t cheap. I’m sure they appreciate all the financial support you give them. The word suckers, keeps coming to mind and gullible.

[quote]lixy wrote:
it usually involves playing the race card, calling him/her an anti-Semite (which is a total farce given that it’s Zionism that’s criticize), Hitler comparisons. I suppose that we can’t exclude dying under mysterious circumstances.[/quote]

It’s funny b/c the Nazi Party worked closely with Zionist networks to emigrate Jews to Palestine.

If anything the closest people to “Nazis” are Zionists.

Had there been no WW2, Germany probably would have exported all of Europe’s Jews to Palestine…

Which is not exactly enjoyable to ponder, seeing as it would mean our Allied invasion inadvertently led to the Holocaust.

…Oops. :frowning:

[quote]lixy wrote:
Regular Gonzalez wrote:
lixy wrote:
The Mage wrote:
Probably the same reason Canada is spying on us.

Yes, probably. But Canada isn’t expecting any charity from the US. Israel drains the US taxpayers of billions of dollars and defiantly messes up with American national security. And nobody can do jackshit about it because AIPAC is such an influential lobby.

Could you please clarify what you mean when you say that “nobody can do jackshit about it”. What exactly are you saying would happen to people who tried to do something about it.

I am saying that Zionists have way too much power for anyone to challenge the status quo successfully. I don’t know something that automatically happens to people who try to do something about it, but it usually involves playing the race card, calling him/her an anti-Semite (which is a total farce given that it’s Zionism that’s criticize)
[/quote]

I agree with what you are saying here. With that said, I do find it interesting that in the thread about British immigration issues, you were not able to understand that the exact same thing (although the word racist is used rather than anti-semite) happens to those who criticize the levels of foreign immigration.

[quote]The Mage wrote:
Petedacook wrote:
I do not see Canada as such a militant and agressive country as I do Israel, I do not see us handing money and weapons to Canada hand over fist and I have not seen anything about Canada spying on us recently in the news.

For these reasons I feel better about the baseless claim Canada spies on us all the time so it’s ok if Israel does it too.

Who ever said it was ok? But it should be pointed out that we also have spies in both of these countries also.

But as far as militant, realize what is surrounding Israel. If they are not “militant”, then they will not exist. They will be wiped off the map.

[/quote]

Not really. That has not been true since after the 1967 war, even in Yom Kippur the evidence is the Egyptians wanted a limited victory (because of Israel’s nuclear arsenal). If you look at military spending and military power, instead of a relatively meaningless map, you’ll see that Israel has never been more secure militarily.