Why is Being Right Wing so Frowned Upon?

Now I don’t wanna turn this into a heated political debate.

At school I have a politics class and I seem to be the only one who seems to be more to the right. If I say anything that is right winged everyone else in the class seems to think i’m “mean and heartless” and don’t “care about the poor.” which is simply not true. The teacher tries to remain neutral but it is obvious he is more left wing. It seems like everyone in my entourage is left wing and it seems like any slight right wing ideology is “uncaring” and frowned upon.

Ahh, another poor persecuted wingnut. Now I’m going to cry.

When you “say anything that is right winged” does that mean parroting idiotic sound bites that you heard on the radio? Cause not everyone you meet thinks that Rush, Beck and Hannity are actually smart people. Quite a few here seem to, but this place shouldn’t be considered a real world sample by any means.

[quote]forensic91 wrote:

At school I have a politics class and I seem to be the only one who seems to be more to the right. If I say anything that is right winged everyone else in the class seems to think i’m “mean and heartless” and don’t “care about the poor.” which is simply not true. The teacher tries to remain neutral but it is obvious he is more left wing. It seems like everyone in my entourage is left wing and it seems like any slight right wing ideology is “uncaring” and frowned upon. [/quote]

You will find these people our very generous with other peoples money. They don’t understand that they are stealing other peoples property. Once they get out of School and it happens to them they will do 180.

Dude, college is always like this…

I had a chick in my philosophy class actually slap me in the back of the head…after SHE brought up in class that she hated her grandfather because he didn’t kill himself, and just kept hanging on and SHE had to WATCH him die…and I said, IN CLASS…: Dont you think its his life and he should decide how it ends?

As the class filed out she came behind me and slapped me in the back of the head. Because I was nothing but a republican asshole…

I had another chick try to tear me down in a class because I said I didn’t think lesbians should be allowed to adopt. Yet another chick cried in class after myself and a buddy said the radio station her mom worked for sucked (some easy listening pos station).

I say fuck them. We’ve become a nation of total pussies.

The final chapter of that story about the chick that slapped me…she sent her 6’5’’ (I’m 5’8’') cousin after me…he was “woofing” when I punched him in the throat, took him down, and pounded the shit out of him. In front of her. Stupid fuck should not have been talking when I was fighting.

Leftists of this sort are rather hateful people and/or are cliquish and completely dehumanize anyone who is not part of their clique.

I had a liberal girlfriend once – well, really just a f-buddy – who was not able to grasp the distinction between libertarian and conservative and so therefore mistakenly considered me a conservative, who said that she had never before, prior to getting to know me, realized that conservatives were actually human beings.

She was completely serious. And had no idea what this was saying about herself.

Liberals are taught to think that anyone on the right is evil and stupid, because it’s a lot safer than engaging in informed and level-headed debate/discussions over principles.

I’m basically a conservative because 1) I believe that government should be limited, and have less control in the lives of citizens 2) I do not believe that people are basically good, just misunderstood 3) the world is pretty sick and messed up, but there are things more important than being nice, and those things are worth fighting for.

I believe in private charity - not in government handouts.

I believe the American government should protect its people first - not treat it as just another country in the U.N. roster.

I believe in free speech - not the right to be free from being offended.

I believe all men are created equal - not that it’s the government’s place to control success in order to keep everyone at an equal level.

I believe in hard work and responsibility - not in the vague term “social justice” or “fairness.” After all, what is your “fair share” of what someone else has worked for?

These are tricky areas for debate with liberals, or anyone for that matter. Talk about principles and cause-and-effect instead of resorting to calling names.

Of course, anyone who declares these kind of ideas is just “parroting” some talkshow “nutjob” though, so what do I know…

[quote]JHollywood wrote:
Liberals are taught to think that anyone on the right is evil and stupid, because it’s a lot safer than engaging in informed and level-headed debate/discussions over principles.

I’m basically a conservative because 1) I believe that government should be limited, and have less control in the lives of citizens 2) I do not believe that people are basically good, just misunderstood 3) the world is pretty sick and messed up, but there are things more important than being nice, and those things are worth fighting for.

I believe the American government should protect its people first - not treat it as just another country in the U.N. roster.

I believe all men are created equal - not that it’s the government’s place to control success in order to keep everyone at an equal level.

I believe in hard work and responsibility - not in the vague term “social justice” or “fairness.” After all, what is your “fair share” of what someone else has worked for?

These are tricky areas for debate with liberals, or anyone for that matter. Talk about principles and cause-and-effect instead of resorting to calling names.

Of course, anyone who declares these kind of ideas is just “parroting” some talkshow “nutjob” though, so what do I know…[/quote]

This is profound, and well thought out. Full of win.

[quote]tme wrote:

When you “say anything that is right winged” does that mean parroting idiotic sound bites that you heard on the radio? Cause not everyone you meet thinks that Rush, Beck and Hannity are actually smart people. Quite a few here seem to, but this place shouldn’t be considered a real world sample by any means.

[/quote]

shut the fuck up!!!

[quote]JHollywood wrote:

Of course, anyone who declares these kind of ideas is just “parroting” some talkshow “nutjob” though, so what do I know…[/quote]

That is more of the Libertarian views on thing, you understand conservatism is conserving the Federal government correct? Same party as Lincoln, the guy that started a war over people believing they had the God given right to leave the U.S. because they didn’t want to be governed by someone they did not believe represented them and be taxed on their labor.

The Democrats are the new conservatives and the Republicans are on a planet of their own.

EDIT: Huh. Wrong thread.

Liberals substitute anger for reason and don’t feel burdened by having to prove any of their schemes and ideas will actually work. Obama and his health plan are perfect examples. So is the pending global warming tax bill.

Don’t expect to much from the liberals in your class. When most folks grow up and have to provide for themselves they embrace conservatism and acceptance of responsibility.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Liberals substitute anger for reason and don’t feel burdened by having to prove any of their schemes and ideas will actually work. Obama and his health plan are perfect examples. So is the pending global warming tax bill.

Don’t expect to much from the liberals in your class. When most folks grow up and have to provide for themselves they embrace conservatism and acceptance of responsibility.[/quote]

That was once true…

More and more people want to punish those who do accept responsibility…

[quote]Makavali wrote:
The Democrats are the new conservatives and the Republicans are on a planet of their own.[/quote]

Man…you cant fix stupid. And you’re broken.

[quote]forensic91 wrote:

At school I have a politics class and I seem to be the only one who seems to be more to the right. If I say anything that is right winged everyone else in the class seems to think i’m “mean and heartless” and don’t “care about the poor.” which is simply not true. The teacher tries to remain neutral but it is obvious he is more left wing. It seems like everyone in my entourage is left wing and it seems like any slight right wing ideology is “uncaring” and frowned upon. [/quote]

Because preaching personal responsibility is frowned on.

[quote]forensic91 wrote:

Try to be a libertarian, or apply any other set of principles consistently and you will be surprised how many people get pissed.

People do not like to be reminded that they bullshit themselves on a daily basis.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Leftists of this sort are rather hateful people and/or are cliquish and completely dehumanize anyone who is not part of their clique.

I had a liberal girlfriend once – well, really just a f-buddy – who was not able to grasp the distinction between libertarian and conservative and so therefore mistakenly considered me a conservative, who said that she had never before, prior to getting to know me, realized that conservatives were actually human beings.

She was completely serious. And had no idea what this was saying about herself.[/quote]

Well, Georg Bush is a lizard and Cheney only technically qualifies, so…

[quote]hedo wrote:

Don’t expect to much from the liberals in your class. When most folks grow up and have to provide for themselves they embrace conservatism and acceptance of responsibility.[/quote]

That may have been true once, but with the welfare state you can stay 18 forever.

At least in your mind which is not the part I would have chosen.

[quote]tme wrote:

[/quote]

See? You run in to stupidity everywhere…Don’t worry, libs have to use name calling, emotional pleas, and cliche chants to get their agendas across. In the theater of rational ideas, truth and actual real facts they lose 100% of the time.
Never give up being right just because people don’t like it. The truth hurts, but once the sting wears off, everybody is better for it in the end.

[quote]tme wrote:

When you “say anything that is right winged” does that mean parroting idiotic sound bites that you heard on the radio? Cause not everyone you meet thinks that Rush, Beck and Hannity are actually smart people. Quite a few here seem to, but this place shouldn’t be considered a real world sample by any means.[/quote]

The funny thing is, I can throw out a conservative quote, and the libs I’m “debating” with always want to know who said it. I refuse to tell them, and it really pisses them off. “Who the hell said that!? Rush?”, and “You’re just repeating what you heard on talk radio!” and “think for yourself!”. LOL! This from the folks who worship algore, micheal moore, and every other mainstream lib. “The polar bears are dying! Al Golre said so!!” hahahahaha!!!

The problem is, that they refuse to debate the content of the message and insist on attacking the person. Ridiculas. And yes tme, debating a lib is more often than not a less than enjoyable experience. This, IMHO, is due to the emotionaly driven debate of the left vs a conservative or a libertarian whose debate is more often than not driven by philosiphy or principle.

[quote]kodiak82 wrote:

shut the fuck up!!![/quote]

Or?