Why I Don't Want to Bench 405

what a pissin contest. were all fuckin dyin anyways. as long as your happy i could care less how much drive you have. more room for me in teh world

[quote]jstreet0204 wrote:
I never set out to bench 405 until I reached 315. 405 was a goal long before 500 was. 500 wasnā€™t a blip in the radar when I was 16 bencing 250.

[/quote]

I think this post is overlooked.

People who say ā€œI donā€™t want to bench 405ā€ are truly putting the cart before the horse.

No one would come out of college saying, ā€œI NEVER want to be CEO.ā€

No one would ever say, ā€œI NEVER want to drive a Ferrari.ā€

But theyā€™ll do it with weightlifting. Strange.

Lets face it: Professor X sucks at life. 27,000 posts in a forum? wtf?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
jstreet0204 wrote:
I never set out to bench 405 until I reached 315. 405 was a goal long before 500 was. 500 wasnā€™t a blip in the radar when I was 16 bencing 250.

People who say ā€œI donā€™t want to bench 405ā€ are truly putting the cart before the horse.

[/quote]

Your analogy is flawed. There are little sacrifices one has to make when one is already a CEO or owning a Ferrari. But to be able to physically bench 405, an individual must sacrifice many thingsā€¦

[quote]jbird643 wrote:
Lets face it: Professor X sucks at life. 27,000 posts in a forum? wtf? [/quote]

Wow, thatā€™s quite a jump in accusation, saying someone sucks at life?

You are quite an epic fail.

[quote]Ramzy18 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
jstreet0204 wrote:

Your analogy is flawed. There are little sacrifices one has to make when he is a CEO or owning a Ferrari. To be able to physically bench 405, an individual must sacrifice many things which take time shadowing other priorities (and priorities are set by the individual himself) in life.
[/quote]

Oh Iā€™m sorry. So youā€™re the guy that was born as a CEO and didnā€™t have to work his way up and sacrifice many things along the way in pursuit of something he felt was worthwhile?

I got you.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Ramzy18 wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
jstreet0204 wrote:

Your analogy is flawed. There are little sacrifices one has to make when he is a CEO or owning a Ferrari. To be able to physically bench 405, an individual must sacrifice many things which take time shadowing other priorities (and priorities are set by the individual himself) in life.

Oh Iā€™m sorry. So youā€™re the guy that was born as a CEO and didnā€™t have to work his way up and sacrifice many things along the way in pursuit of something he felt was worthwhile?

I got you.
[/quote]

lmao

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
Everyone makes such a huge deal about this on forums, I donā€™t get it. The very first place I ever worked, there was a bodybuilder working also. This guy was 280+, and pretty lean-used weights at the gym that had my eyes popping out. There were a lot of late nights, and a lot of heavy work, but this guy would go to the gym after a 18-hour shift to get his workout done, 6 hours of sleep if he was lucky, and back to work the next day. He never even mentioned it during the days, or even looked tired. Now a few years later I saw him in contest condition, greatest physique I ever saw in person.

Nowadays I never see guys like that at the gym, who are all buisness and taking no prisoners. Thatā€™s why I come to a bodybuilding forum, to talk to guys like that.

Why would anyone logging on to a bodybuilding forum want to read about a guy who doesnā€™t want to bench 405?
[/quote]

Great fucking post.

[quote]vrvc11 wrote:
why bother posting a thread if your striving for mediocrityā€¦go join crossfit[/quote]

What a fucking poser.

You know, at one point, I didnā€™t want to bench 405 either. I said Iā€™d be happy at 315. I thought Iā€™d be happy
with 18" arms, until I got to 17.5" and realized itā€™s not as big as I thought it was.

I was wrong. So is this kid. He just hasnā€™t accomplished enough to know that he hasnā€™t accomplished anything yet. And he was immature enough to put it on the internet.

P.S. - To the guy who just wants to bench 225 for 15 or 20 reps (and Iā€™m not scrolling back to figure out who), be advised that itā€™s not really as strong as you think it is.

I understand where heā€™s coming from. Everyone has different goals and doesnt necessarily want to be colossal. But as Iā€™ve been advised if you donā€™t wanna be huuuuugge, donā€™t post in the BB forum?

I donā€™t really want to bench 405 either. I want to bench press a truck and look like I can bench press a fucking house. I assume, naturally, that before I reach these goals Iā€™ll be pushing 405x250 or so.

to all: go to Training Logs - Alphas Work and read his rant on the last page

[quote]futurepharm wrote:
You know, at one point, I didnā€™t want to bench 405 either. I said Iā€™d be happy at 315. I thought Iā€™d be happy
with 18" arms, until I got to 17.5" and realized itā€™s not as big as I thought it was.

I was wrong. So is this kid. He just hasnā€™t accomplished enough to know that he hasnā€™t accomplished anything yet. And he was immature enough to put it on the internet.

P.S. - To the guy who just wants to bench 225 for 15 or 20 reps (and Iā€™m not scrolling back to figure out who), be advised that itā€™s not really as strong as you think it is.[/quote]

stronger than 95% of the population. Itā€™s my choice, respect the OPā€™s choice and mine, or get lost.

[quote]AimHigh wrote:
futurepharm wrote:

P.S. - To the guy who just wants to bench 225 for 15 or 20 reps (and Iā€™m not scrolling back to figure out who), be advised that itā€™s not really as strong as you think it is.

stronger than 95% of the population. Itā€™s my choice, respect the OPā€™s choice and mine, or get lost. [/quote]

On a bodybuilding site whose mantra was once ā€œdangerously hardcore,ā€ why the fuck should we respect your choice which is directly contrary to everything this site used to stand for. And seeing as how you two are just the latest iteration of those striving for mediocrity (many have come before you,) why the fuck would we get lost.

[quote]AimHigh wrote:
futurepharm wrote:

stronger than 95% of the population. Itā€™s my choice, respect the OPā€™s choice and mine, or get lost. [/quote]

its been said before, but lets say it againā€¦ way to ā€œAim Highā€ man! lol

I couldnā€™t imagine going through life without accomplishing anything that would take some effort or possibly giving up some free time. Like others have said, maybe you have not tasted what itā€™s like to accomplish something thatā€™s pretty hardā€¦thereā€™s nothing else like it, my friend. Makes life worth livin.

[quote]jbird643 wrote:
Lets face it: Professor X sucks at life. 27,000 posts in a forum? wtf? [/quote]

I HATE sticking up for X because heā€™s better at it than I am, but some of you morons have to realize that some of us have jobs where we have the ability to post all damn day. Itā€™s not like weā€™re so hardcore we quit our jobs and spend all day working out and spending time on bodybuilding websites. Get a clue.

[quote]stringer wrote:
AimHigh wrote:
futurepharm wrote:

stronger than 95% of the population. Itā€™s my choice, respect the OPā€™s choice and mine, or get lost.

its been said before, but lets say it againā€¦ way to ā€œAim Highā€ man! lol
[/quote]

Now that is funny :slight_smile:

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
dwall33 wrote:
Short Hoss wrote:
Lol@mediocrity.

Sorry, I like striving for perfection.

Thereā€™s no such thing as perfection in bodybuilding or powerlifting, you can always improve.

Which is why he wrote ā€œstriveā€ for perfection.[/quote]

Which is a stupid statement because if you strive for perfection you are under the delusion that perfection exists. What every serious weightlifter/bodybuilder should strive for is to go to the gym and lift more than he did the time before. ā€œStrive for perfectionā€ is an inherently false statement that bothers this shit out of me.