Why I Don't Want to Bench 405

The real pity, in my mind, is that our trolls used to be way more witty and entertaining. This thread barely registers a reaction on my part.

“Why I Don’t Want to Bench 405” is a bit of a misnomer as it implies that this is something you would avoid, I doubt this was your point.

However, your underlying point regarding personal risk vs. reward analysis is correct and anyone unable to comprehend it is either delusional or just plain stupid.

Now while I appreciate the “I am hardcore, hear me roar” sentiment that gets peddled around here, are you doing EVERYTHING within your power to achieve your goal? Do you avoid EVERYTHING that may be detrimental to your goal? If not then why not?

The answer is obvious, but it seems that some here aren’t hardcore enough to be honest with themselves.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Imagine if anyone of us, the true aspiring bodybuilders, stopped when we cleared 135lbs on the flat bench. If I would have been, “I’m okay with benching the 50lbers” FUCK THAT! I was hungry for the 100lbers and when I cleared those I was driven to clear the 150lbers and now that thats within reach I’m hungry for more. To one day kick up the badboys…200 motherfucking lb DBs. I don’t give a fuck if I only get 3 reps or just one, knowing that I hold 200lbs in each arm remembering the kid that was crushed by the bar at one point makes me push harder, beyond pain, beyond mental limitations, and beyond the group of fuckheads that will diminish the magnitude of my our paths. [/quote]

Now that is a motivational post!!! Fuck yeah!!

[quote]Ramzy18 wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:
Enjoy lifting weights? This is a bodybuilding forum… which to me implies someone that is into this lifestyle for a little more than just enjoying lifting weights casually.

the lifestyle goes with lifting the weights - yes thats obvious but the point is to what extent will you take that lifestyle… to what extremes… meaning there are pros and cons… sacrifices some people aren’t willing to make such as family, friends, other hobbies…

… most people on these forums act like the ultimate goal is to gain as much muscle as genetically possible whereas i oppose that viewpoint in that there is a “sweet spot” for every given body type to have optimum health, strength, and looks… [/quote]

I first benched 405 lbs 8 months ago. What sacrifices did I have to make? Spend 6 hours a week in the gym and eat whenever I’m hungry.

You are making a big deal about all these supposed “sacrifices” that have to be made. You’re a little guy. You have no idea what it’s like being big and muscular nor what it takes to get there. You describing the path that we took to get here is like me telling someone what sacrifices a college or NBA basketball player had to make to get there. I have no idea, and neither do you.

Maybe you can tell us about sacrifices you had to make for something you have experience with though. What sacrifices did you have to make to get the 8" butt plug to fit in your ass?

Maybe now whenever you fart it smells like burnt vasoline?

[quote]IQ wrote:
“Why I Don’t Want to Bench 405” is a bit of a misnomer as it implies that this is something you would avoid, I doubt this was your point.

However, your underlying point regarding personal risk vs. reward analysis is correct and anyone unable to comprehend it is either delusional or just plain stupid.

Now while I appreciate the “I am hardcore, hear me roar” sentiment that gets peddled around here, are you doing EVERYTHING within your power to achieve your goal? Do you avoid EVERYTHING that may be detrimental to your goal? If not then why not?

The answer is obvious, but it seems that some here aren’t hardcore enough to be honest with themselves.[/quote]

That’s all well and good, but why would someone make a thread about their lack of desire to strive for something more exceptional? Then end it with this:

[quote]
So how far are you willing to go?

Or why aren’t you willing to strive for more than you have now? [/quote]

This entire thread seems more like a self-reflection than anything related to bodybuilding. Posting some crap about how you’re unwilling to make the sacrifices required to excel in an endeavor that you’re actively engaged on a forum about said endeavor is intentionally inflammatory at best.

[quote]dankid wrote:

Or why aren’t you willing to strive for more than you have now?[/quote]

Well, this thread has definitely jumped around a bit. Still, I tend to be in Growing Boys thought line on this. I want to get as big and muscular as possible, and if that means I will bench over 405 someday so be it.

I am currently training 4-5 times per week, have totally changed my eating habits and in the process alcohol doesn’t agree with me anymore, or fatty foods that I used to enjoy (causes my guts problems with the substantial revision in my diet).

As I’ve said before, I thoroughly enjoy the bodybuilding lifestyle which I’ve been doing for 18 months so far. 20kg added and more to come!!!. Far healthier than alot of other training I’ve done (rep sport, speed work, endurance training).

Weightlifting is this great mental game. You never win, you never can. There is always a heavier weight, there is always one more rep that you couldn’t quite do. But fuck, I’m never going to limit myself or think I won’t try to push that bit further and harder. Yeah I’m nervous having a go at a 100kg good morning, but sure as fuck the fact I can do 7reps at 90kg means that fucker is going down!!! That’s what its about

(and if you’d like the insta program to jack you up in SECONDS, just send $50.00 via paypal, one day only sale :wink:

[quote]slimjim wrote:
IQ wrote:

The answer is obvious, but it seems that some here aren’t hardcore enough to be honest with themselves.

That’s all well and good, but why would someone make a thread about their lack of desire to strive for something more exceptional? Then end it with this:

Or why aren’t you willing to strive for more than you have now?

This entire thread seems more like a self-reflection than anything related to bodybuilding. Posting some crap about how you’re unwilling to make the sacrifices required to excel in an endeavor that you’re actively engaged on a forum about said endeavor is intentionally inflammatory at best.[/quote]

I agree, the thread is ultimately pointless as once you make the self-reflection public you’re probably just looking for pity or reassurance.

I wouldn’t say that it’s inflammatory though. It’s like when someone says “I would love to exercise but (insert excuse here)”, I don’t get angry I just think “well I guess you’ll just have to stay fat then won’t you?”

[quote]Ramzy18 wrote:

first: i stated that to reply to that other dudes dumb remark towards me being “stupid”
second: just simply stating that is not shoving it in your faces and the fact that you find that offensive is ridiculous
third: “fuck the middle line”?? man… you are so good with your reasoning( irony)… and that’s why i don’t even dare to argue with your reasoning brah…

but no seriously…

fuck yourself.

[/quote]

huh?

dude u’re trying to rationalize not pushing as hard as you can in the gym by saying that you’re going to be a doctor and acomplishing other shit in your life.

i feel like i push as hard as i can in my life and i’ve acomplished a shitload.

when i said ‘walk the middle line’ i’m refereing about you trying SO hard to moderate shit in your life you prevent yourself from acomplishing anything worthwhile in the gym

[quote]Ramzy18 wrote:

#1 im 22 - i live alone and make my own foods

[/quote]

congradulations. so do i. do you want a cookie?

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING.

you’re other points didn’t apply to anything so i left them out

well that’s not my issue…

anyways… IQ your words are words of wisdom.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Imagine if anyone of us, the true aspiring bodybuilders, stopped when we cleared 135lbs on the flat bench. If I would have been, “I’m okay with benching the 50lbers” FUCK THAT! I was hungry for the 100lbers and when I cleared those I was driven to clear the 150lbers and now that thats within reach I’m hungry for more. To one day kick up the badboys…200 motherfucking lb DBs. I don’t give a fuck if I only get 3 reps or just one, knowing that I hold 200lbs in each arm remembering the kid that was crushed by the bar at one point makes me push harder, beyond pain, beyond mental limitations, and beyond the group of fuckheads that will diminish the magnitude of my our paths. [/quote]

Reading That Alone Inspires Me To Go Bench…I too would love to throw up those 200 lb. db’s…!
Really my friend, it goes like this…
To people who eat, sleep, and breathe iron, they take forum topics like this to the heart. what you must realize is, why would’nt they. For someone training (And i mean “training”, not “working out”) they treat every gym session as if it is their last.

They wake up, and the first thing on their minds whether they are about to do it or not, is the gym & going to that training session. Its always on their minds…when they are walking down the street…going grocery shopping…driving their cars…its there, and its lurking along with a million differant thoughts and comments to ones self consiousness…“am i getting bigger…?”…“man i cant wait to just be big and ripped…” “today im going to really fry my biceps…”

sometimes i have acute adrenaline rushes (or at least they feel like them) before i hit big sets…but i love it, and would never be able with words the feeling i get or the self-comfort and well-being that i get from this sport/lifestyle of bodybuilding…for me the iron is a gift and a curse…a gift meaning that i feel very few things are greater in value…and the curse, is no matter what happens, i will never be able to leave it…

even the curse in a sense is a gift as well…so for one to say that they dont want to bench 405, its just an obsurd proposterous statement that many if not all in here can see, does not make much sense…

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
Ramzy18 wrote:

#1 im 22 - i live alone and make my own foods

congradulations. so do i. do you want a cookie?

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING.

you’re other points didn’t apply to anything so i left them out[/quote]

i was replying to that other guy making huge assumptions about my lifestyle that i probably live with my parents and eat my moms food and many stereotypes typically associated with computer geeks i guess…

guhh…I need to convince the mods to hook me up with a banhammer…

[quote]Ramzy18 wrote:
…[/quote]

Ohh you are so clever.

Again you are all ready to jump on everyone’s ass, but as soon as you get called out, I’m told I need to chill.

This just validates my point even more. Hypocrite.

[quote]NDucedStrength98 wrote:

Reading That Alone Inspires Me To Go Bench…I too would love to throw up those 200 lb. db’s…!
Really my friend, it goes like this…
To people who eat, sleep, and breathe iron, they take forum topics like this to the heart. what you must realize is, why would’nt they. For someone training (And i mean “training”, not “working out”) they treat every gym session as if it is their last. They wake up, and the first thing on their minds whether they are about to do it or not, is the gym & going to that training session. Its always on their minds…when they are walking down the street…going grocery shopping…driving their cars…its there, and its lurking along with a million differant thoughts and comments to ones self consiousness…“am i getting bigger…?”…“man i cant wait to just be big and ripped…” “today im going to really fry my biceps…” sometimes i have acute adrenaline rushes (or at least they feel like them) before i hit big sets…but i love it, and would never be able with words the feeling i get or the self-comfort and well-being that i get from this sport/lifestyle of bodybuilding…for me the iron is a gift and a curse…a gift meaning that i feel very few things are greater in value…and the curse, is no matter what happens, i will never be able to leave it…even the curse in a sense is a gift as well…so for one to say that they dont want to bench 405, its just an obsurd proposterous statement that many if not all in here can see, does not make much sense…[/quote]

Well said. You rock.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Ramzy18 wrote:

Ohh you are so clever.

Again you are all ready to jump on everyone’s ass, but as soon as you get called out, I’m told I need to chill.

This just validates my point even more. Hypocrite.[/quote]

no u

I dont post a lot but damn the OP’s post was lame.

Mods, delete this fucking thread. Really, this site needs to clean house and keep a tighter reign.

Why make a thread justifying mediocrity? This was a pointless thread. I think bodybuilding is less about a certain weight lifted for reps or bodypart measurement as it is about staying hungry. The only way to do that is to continue to have goals.