Why I Can't Stand Fox News

Try steering clear of anyones news who would have a vested interest in the way it is portrayed. ie stay away from American news you want the real news check out Swiss news or any Euro Independent. If you want to hear really crazy shit get on the short wave radio and listen to independents.

Not trying to be a huge Foxfan, but if anyone can cite a time that any news source other than Fox has reported anything Positive that is happening in Iraq i’ll be quite and go away! I don’t think you’ll find any because it’s not in the msnbc’s of the news world’s agenda, Just a lot of bashing.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
I think it’s fair to say that Fox does the best job overall of balance. [/quote]

HAHAHA!

You people just entered the twilight zone.

When I got XM radio and spent a lot of time driving to work every day, I would flip back and forth between Fox and CNN. They pretty much reported the same information, but slanted in their particular directions.

What really infuriated me, however, was how much filler it took to get to any real news. I can deal with bias, since I can at least pick that out. I can’t deal with anchors dragging a one minute news item out over ten minutes to fill air time, or arguing with people who make the same stupid points over and over again. When Ana Nichole Smith took over the networks, I decided it was time to switch.

For now, I listen to the BBC. Not that they are any less biased, but I get much more world news with less of the bickering and drawn out nonsense.

I like my nonsense short and sweet, thank you very much.

[quote]lixy wrote:
JeffR wrote:
I think it’s fair to say that Fox does the best job overall of balance.

HAHAHA!

You people just entered the twilight zone.[/quote]

You are such a cute fundamentalist, lixy.

Thanks for the laugh.

JeffR

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Only MSNBC is worth watching.

They have Tucker and Buchanan.

They are right-leaning but don’t support the establishment, unlike Fox.[/quote]

How can you not like a 30-something that wears a tie. I really dig both of those guys even when I disagree with them.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I’d actually consider watching it if they would just get rid of Hannity and O’Riley.
[/quote]

Are you kidding? Hannity is the best; I can never stop laughing when he talks. O’Reilly is also entertaining–“those liberals are going crazy, again.” That always gets me going.

FOX news does have some value. They have all the hottest anchorwomen even if I don’t know their names or can’t stand listening to their bubble-headed commentary.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, 24x7 news is destroying people’s intelligence. The news should just be reported and not analyzed or commented on–in other words we should be given the chance to make up our own decisions before being told what to believe. My neighbor believes every word that comes out of Hannity’s and O’Reilly’s mouths. That is a dangerous proposition given the nature of their spin.

[quote]lixy wrote:
JeffR wrote:
I think it’s fair to say that Fox does the best job overall of balance.

HAHAHA!

You people just entered the twilight zone.[/quote]

Well, to be honest, Fox gives more time to the right. However, the major networks rarely even present opposing views, so that in itself is worse.

So we could say that because of the covert nature of the major network’s slant, they actually produce propaganda, while Fox just produces open bias.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
However, you can watch cnn all day and find that positive events have come up missing.

JeffR
[/quote]

Yeah, look at Fox reporting all the good news from Iraq:

Wow. It’s really going well. People shopping at the market and telling the reporter about their missing children and about how scared they are of being killed when they leave the market area.

Just like when I go to the mall. Except for the missing children and death part. And patrolling soldiers. And circling Blackhawks. And wearing a helmet and body armor. Did I mention the mall has more civilians than soldiers?

Thing are sure looking up. Good thing Fox is there to report it, or we’d be completely unaware of how well things have been shaping up lately.

I might vacation in Baghdad next summer. Who’s with me?

There’s a special place in the deepest, foulest fucking place of hell reserved for Sean Hannity.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
There’s a special place in the deepest, foulest fucking place of hell reserved for Sean Hannity.[/quote]

Fox, Fox, Fox.

May Fox interrupt your dreams.

If Sean Hannity irritates you this much, he must be correct.

Fox to you,

JeffR

Just for entertainment value, lets look at what Hannity had to say about Kosovo…

“No goal, no objective, not until we have those things and a compelling case is made, then I say, back out of it, because innocent people are going to die for nothing. That’s why I’m against it.”
(April 5, 1999, FOX News)

During the lead-up to the War in Kosovo…

“Why should one U.S. airman give up his life when our national security is not in imminent danger?”

• Hannity, March 24, 1999

“Congressman Moran, a couple of things that are in my mind. Number one is the president has really failed to lay out before the American people the reasons why we need to be involved militarily. That’s number one.
And then we go back to Henry Kissinger’s test, which is number one, is there a vital U.S. national interest? And do we have a plan to disengage? What’s the exit strategy? I don’t see that we’ve met that test either. And why does it have to happen this second, this hour? Why don’t we have a national debate first?”

“But you know what? There’s a lot of massacres going on in the world. As you know, 37,000 Kurds in Turkey, over a million people in Sudan. We have hundreds of thousands in Rwanda and Burundi. I mean, where do we stop?”

On Hitler analogies…

“My question to you is from all reports that I have been able to dig up, 2,000 killed in Kosovo in the last year. We keep hearing the president refer genocide, ethnic cleansing, comparisons to Adolf Hitler. Is the president purposefully using propaganda and hyperbole to garner the American public for support?”

• Hannity, March 26, 1999

“And we are having a president compare this to Adolf Hitler. Granted, 2,000 in a year is disgusting, despicable, if we can stop it. But let’s arm the Kosovo Liberation Army instead of putting U.S. troops in harm’s way.”

“HANNITY: All right, Lucian Truscott, aren’t you being disingenuous? Every day now with the president and vice president this Hitler analogy. You know what? That’s all propaganda. That’s misinformation.
Now, I’m not minimizing the fact that 2,000 lives have been lost in the last year. But you can’t make the comparison in terms of the raw numbers and the brutality of Hitler to Milosevic. Is that not correct, Lucian?”

• Hannity, April 5, 1999
    An ill-conceived war…

“Colonel, I guess this is why it’s so ill-conceived from the very beginning. You know, they didn’t anticipate that his popularity would rise. They didn’t anticipate that he would beef up his reign of terror, if you will, against the ethnic Albanians. They didn’t anticipate the refugee problem, and they didn’t anticipate that they would also run out of bombs.
So it seems that we’re talking about a very ill-conceived military action here. And now the question is, do you go in further and deeper, or do you pull back and rethink what the strategy’s going to be here, because there has really been no stated goal, mission or objective.”

• Hannity, March 31, 1999
    We could possibly be the enemy…

“HANNITY: So they are looking at America, the United States – we’ve seen the instances of flags being burned and so on. We are their enemy, you’re saying, in the people’s minds, and they support him.”

There’s no exit strategy…

“But if you know - every mistake we’ve made up to this point, there’s no stated goal. There’s no definition of success. All these important things. There’s no exit strategy. One mistake after another. Why would you go in deeper when we have not been successful up to this point? That seems to me to be folly.”

• Hannity, April 1, 1999

“Colonel Maginnis, I want to turn it over to you because we have to ask ourselves some question here. What is our stated goal, our mission, our objective? How do we get out of here? and I want to go back, and this is a point that I made – you know, even in “The New York Times” just two days ago – you know, what is phase 4, now that phase 1, 2 and 3 have failed? There isn’t a phase 4. The president with the Italian prime minister, when asked “What’s next?” if the bombing doesn’t work – he didn’t have an answer for this!
So it’s a matter of – well, maybe we can debate being in there, or debate arming opposition, which hasn’t been discussed. But what are we doing there? And if we don’t know what’s next, we have no business being there!”

• Hannity, April 2, 1999

Poor-planning…

“Joint chiefs doubted the strategy from the very beginning. And the outline, they didn’t think the air campaign would work.
And they turned out to be right. They didn’t prepare for the refugee problem. They didn’t prepare that Milosevic would up the ante against the ethnic Albanians, none of this. There was no preparation at all here.”

• Hannity, April 5, 1999
    Sure, Milosevic’s a bad guy…but that doesn’t mean we should go to war…

“Slobodan Milosevic is a bad guy. He’s an evil man. Horrible things are happening. I agree with that. Is Bill O’Reilly then saying we go to Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia, Sudan? Where does this stop? And when you look at sheer numbers, 2,000 – and I’m not minimizing death. It’s horrible. What this man is doing with ethnic cleansing is abhorrent, but sheer numbers – 2,000 killed in the last year versus hundreds of thousands, millions in some cases in other parts of the world. Are you saying the United States should go to all those places?”

• Hannity, on “The O’Reilly Factor,” April 5, 1999

Hilarious how so much can change when a republican president is in power. Then ill conceived war strategies and illegal wars are as American as apple pie and should be wildly encouraged. Cutting and running is only discouraged when a republican president says stay the course.

Sean Hannity is going to Hell. It’s hilarious how a journalist with no credentials in journalism, no degree, and no brain can be such a huge mouth piece for the right in this country. It speaks volumes about the conservatives.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Just for entertainment value, lets look at what Hannity had to say about Kosovo…

“No goal, no objective, not until we have those things and a compelling case is made, then I say, back out of it, because innocent people are going to die for nothing. That’s why I’m against it.”
(April 5, 1999, FOX News)

During the lead-up to the War in Kosovo…

“Why should one U.S. airman give up his life when our national security is not in imminent danger?”

“Congressman Moran, a couple of things that are in my mind. Number one is the president has really failed to lay out before the American people the reasons why we need to be involved militarily. That’s number one.
And then we go back to Henry Kissinger’s test, which is number one, is there a vital U.S. national interest? And do we have a plan to disengage? What’s the exit strategy? I don’t see that we’ve met that test either. And why does it have to happen this second, this hour? Why don’t we have a national debate first?”

“But you know what? There’s a lot of massacres going on in the world. As you know, 37,000 Kurds in Turkey, over a million people in Sudan. We have hundreds of thousands in Rwanda and Burundi. I mean, where do we stop?”

On Hitler analogies…

“My question to you is from all reports that I have been able to dig up, 2,000 killed in Kosovo in the last year. We keep hearing the president refer genocide, ethnic cleansing, comparisons to Adolf Hitler. Is the president purposefully using propaganda and hyperbole to garner the American public for support?”

“And we are having a president compare this to Adolf Hitler. Granted, 2,000 in a year is disgusting, despicable, if we can stop it. But let’s arm the Kosovo Liberation Army instead of putting U.S. troops in harm’s way.”

“HANNITY: All right, Lucian Truscott, aren’t you being disingenuous? Every day now with the president and vice president this Hitler analogy. You know what? That’s all propaganda. That’s misinformation.
Now, I’m not minimizing the fact that 2,000 lives have been lost in the last year. But you can’t make the comparison in terms of the raw numbers and the brutality of Hitler to Milosevic. Is that not correct, Lucian?”

• Hannity, April 5, 1999
    An ill-conceived war…

“Colonel, I guess this is why it’s so ill-conceived from the very beginning. You know, they didn’t anticipate that his popularity would rise. They didn’t anticipate that he would beef up his reign of terror, if you will, against the ethnic Albanians. They didn’t anticipate the refugee problem, and they didn’t anticipate that they would also run out of bombs.
So it seems that we’re talking about a very ill-conceived military action here. And now the question is, do you go in further and deeper, or do you pull back and rethink what the strategy’s going to be here, because there has really been no stated goal, mission or objective.”

We could possibly be the enemy…

“HANNITY: So they are looking at America, the United States – we’ve seen the instances of flags being burned and so on. We are their enemy, you’re saying, in the people’s minds, and they support him.”

There’s no exit strategy…

“But if you know - every mistake we’ve made up to this point, there’s no stated goal. There’s no definition of success. All these important things. There’s no exit strategy. One mistake after another. Why would you go in deeper when we have not been successful up to this point? That seems to me to be folly.”

• Hannity, April 1, 1999

“Colonel Maginnis, I want to turn it over to you because we have to ask ourselves some question here. What is our stated goal, our mission, our objective? How do we get out of here? and I want to go back, and this is a point that I made – you know, even in “The New York Times” just two days ago – you know, what is phase 4, now that phase 1, 2 and 3 have failed? There isn’t a phase 4. The president with the Italian prime minister, when asked “What’s next?” if the bombing doesn’t work – he didn’t have an answer for this!
So it’s a matter of – well, maybe we can debate being in there, or debate arming opposition, which hasn’t been discussed. But what are we doing there? And if we don’t know what’s next, we have no business being there!”

• Hannity, April 2, 1999

Poor-planning…

“Joint chiefs doubted the strategy from the very beginning. And the outline, they didn’t think the air campaign would work.
And they turned out to be right. They didn’t prepare for the refugee problem. They didn’t prepare that Milosevic would up the ante against the ethnic Albanians, none of this. There was no preparation at all here.”

• Hannity, April 5, 1999
    Sure, Milosevic’s a bad guy…but that doesn’t mean we should go to war…

“Slobodan Milosevic is a bad guy. He’s an evil man. Horrible things are happening. I agree with that. Is Bill O’Reilly then saying we go to Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia, Sudan? Where does this stop? And when you look at sheer numbers, 2,000 – and I’m not minimizing death. It’s horrible. What this man is doing with ethnic cleansing is abhorrent, but sheer numbers – 2,000 killed in the last year versus hundreds of thousands, millions in some cases in other parts of the world. Are you saying the United States should go to all those places?”

• Hannity, on “The O’Reilly Factor,” April 5, 1999

Hilarious how so much can change when a republican president is in power. Then ill conceived war strategies and illegal wars are as American as apple pie and should be wildly encouraged. Cutting and running is only discouraged when a republican president says stay the course.

Sean Hannity is going to Hell. It’s hilarious how a journalist with no credentials in journalism, no degree, and no brain can be such a huge mouth piece for the right in this country. It speaks volumes about the conservatives.[/quote]

Every single quote you posted was prior to 9/11.

Can your mind grasp the concept of change?

Shall we take a sample of pre-12/7/41 quotes?

Then compare them to after?

I’m going to send you an autographed photo of Sean Hannity.

I hope it makes you physically ill.

I have never defended Hannity in any way shape or form on this forum.

However, if he makes you this angry, he must be a truly great man.

Hannity!!!

JeffR

p.s. Hey iner-t, are you voting for rodham?

How does a terrorist attack affect an illegal war justified by manipulated intel? What the fuck does 9/11 have anything to do with pre emptively striking sovereign nations???

Rodham? No, if I had to choose a repub or dem I’d probably go with Obama. Luckily, I live in a state that isn’t completely filled with retards and it will go blue no matter what so I can vote third party as I usually do.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
…I live in a state that isn’t completely filled with retards and it will go blue no matter what…[/quote]

There’s something very wrong with that statement. (And it’s not because of the word “blue” either.)