T Nation

Why I Can't Stand Fox News

This is actually pretty funny but shows how much Fox changes things.

They have 20 seconds to close the show with something funny. The Colbert piece was funny. Fox just shortened it to 20 seconds, and kept the funny parts.

Big damn deal.

Do everyone a favor, don’t watch Fox.

Never read Fox.

Don’t think about Fox.

For God’s sake, don’t ever post about Fox.

Really, how hard is it to change the channel?

Thanks in advance,

Everyone

I don’t watch any news period. I read it, that way I can skip over the crap I don’t care about, which is most of it.

CNN once had an “expert” come on the some show. This expert said that the bombs used in the London bombings were designed to kill people. He may have even suspected foul play for all I know. This excerpt I saw was on at the gym. I was a captive audiance at that point.

[quote]pat36 wrote:
I don’t watch any news period. I read it, that way I can skip over the crap I don’t care about, which is most of it.

CNN once had an “expert” come on the some show. This expert said that the bombs used in the London bombings were designed to kill people. He may have even suspected foul play for all I know. This excerpt I saw was on at the gym. I was a captive audiance at that point. [/quote]

It is so ridiculous. These networks have 24 hours a day to fill so they just keep spewing crap.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

It is so ridiculous. These networks have 24 hours a day to fill so they just keep spewing crap.[/quote]

They just make shit up to talk about until there is a disaster they can go blame the government for.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

It is so ridiculous. These networks have 24 hours a day to fill so they just keep spewing crap.

They just make shit up to talk about until there is a disaster they can go blame the government for.[/quote]

They love the disasters because it helps them fill the day. Vultures.

I think there’s a Don Henley song that addresses this.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I think there’s a Don Henley song that addresses this. [/quote]

Think about how old that song is and it is more true today.

[quote]duece wrote:

So… FOX edits spoof interviews from the Comedy Channel in order to get to the joke more quickly?

Those Fiends!

Clearly they are taking advantage of the fact that their entire audience* is retarded, planning on them all having no idea that a comedian on a channel called Comedy Central doing a fake news show might also do fake interviews! It’s as brilliant as it is evil!

*with the exception of geniuses who would spend their days studying the channel in order to make a video like this one in order to showcase FOX’s diabolical bias.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
rainjack wrote:
I think there’s a Don Henley song that addresses this.

Think about how old that song is and it is more true today.[/quote]

Sunset Grill? Boys of Summer??

LOL…

Only MSNBC is worth watching.

They have Tucker and Buchanan.

They are right-leaning but don’t support the establishment, unlike Fox.

[quote]duece wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGqPxn7njqM&mode=related&search= [/quote]

If you want to get your panties in a bunch about news agencies changing things then let us not single any of them out, if you think that Fox is the only one that does this you are delusional.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
Only MSNBC is worth watching.

They have Tucker and Buchanan.

They are right-leaning but don’t support the establishment, unlike Fox.[/quote]

I know you are joking.

Stop trying to get us riled up.

However, in the 0.0001 chance that you are SERIOUS, my response is: keith olberman.

Or, you can watch the 2 hour dem fluff jobs after every dem debate.

Or you can watch hardball with chris matthews.

Again, I think you are joking, so I’m not going to go any further.

JeffR

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Do everyone a favor, don’t watch Fox.

Never read Fox.

Don’t think about Fox.

For God’s sake, don’t ever post about Fox.

Really, how hard is it to change the channel?

Thanks in advance,

Everyone[/quote]

Ahahahahah!

I don’t watch Fox - I don’t get my news from Fox, never have. I watch sports on Fox - otherwise I ignore the entire network.

But Fox seems to do something that makes the mindless Left go foam-mouthed crazy in their disdain for it - so I have to believe they are doing something right.

The joke in journalism is that Murdoch discovered a “niche market” and started a network to accommodate that market.

The “niche”? Fifty percent of the American viewing public.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
I don’t watch Fox - I don’t get my news from Fox, never have. I watch sports on Fox - otherwise I ignore the entire network.

But Fox seems to do something that makes the mindless Left go foam-mouthed crazy in their disdain for it - so I have to believe they are doing something right.

The joke in journalism is that Murdoch discovered a “niche market” and started a network to accommodate that market.

The “niche”? Fifty percent of the American viewing public.[/quote]

I’d actually consider watching it if they would just get rid of Hannity and O’Riley.

But I don’t watch any of the Mac-News channels. There is no self-control found on any of them.

Maybe we could all watch the news from that independent channel in Venezuela…wait, Chavez, the darling of the Left in this country, closed it down.

I think we can all agree that most of the programming on network and cable news sucks.

But are there any specific reporters or commentators that you guys like?

Just curious.

Is there anyone who just gives the hard news w/o an agenda or slant?

Any truly “fair and balanced” news in the mainstream?

[quote]new2training wrote:
I think we can all agree that most of the programming on network and cable news sucks.

But are there any specific reporters or commentators that you guys like?

Just curious.

Is there anyone who just gives the hard news w/o an agenda or slant?

Any truly “fair and balanced” news in the mainstream?[/quote]

Excellent question. I think it’s fair to say that Fox does the best job overall of balance.

It’s not perfect. However, if you throw out the high and low values and work on averages, you get most of the information that you need.

However, you flick on over to cnn, msnbc, etc, they do a great job of pointing out disasters, death, and pain. Many of us suspect that stories that are likely to hurt Republicans are highlighted.

However, you miss the entire positive aspect of most situations on the other networks.

A perfect example is coverage of the Iraq War.

Before anyone cites specific examples of positive stories that make it through their censors, remember that I’m talking about averages.

That’s why you see Fox dominating cable news.

I’ve said this before, I don’t remember ever missing a big story on Fox.

However, you can watch cnn all day and find that positive events have come up missing.

JeffR