Why I Bet $500 on Rampage

[quote]mj_gk wrote:
texasguy wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:
texasguy wrote:
you can be super scientific about analyzing fights, but in reality all it takes is a solid hit to the jaw to really fuck everything up. or one mistake capitalized in to a choke hold.

maybe rampage will block consistently for most of the fight, but one missed block and a hard hit to the jaw from lidell would soften him up enough for lidell to move in and fuck him up pretty bad like he always does.

or lidell might fight defensively and kick the crap out of rampages legs until he is pretty much useless and then beat him up.

basically, the way lidell fights, there are too many wild cards that could happen to make a safe bet against him.

as far as his head not being in it, isn’t he avenging his last loss? that is a heck of a motivation. he will have his head in the game in a way most people never do.

it sounds to me like a bookie suckered you on the promise of doubling your money with whimsical bullshit.

Rampage has one of the best chins in MMA (see the 234923 knees he took to the head before finally going down in Wandy 2 or the soccer kick/knees in the Shogun fight).

Chuck wont kick for fear of it opening him up for the takedown.

Also, Page’s cardio is light years ahead of Chuck’s and this will likely be the difference maker in the fight.

I see Rampage winning as he is a horrible matchup for Chuck.

rampage may have a tough chin, but chuck knocks out practically anybody.

on the otherside of that coin, chuck is a hard guy to take down.

and you don’t really know whose cardio is better at all. i wouldn’t doubt chuck has been training pretty hard. it isn’t exactly his first rodeo.

Chuck admitted in a recent interview that he hit Rampage really hard in their first fight. Guess what, he didn’t knock him out. [/quote]

:open_mouth:

well i guess it’s just impossible then. rampage must be from krypton! some one get chuck a piece of kryptonite please!!

[quote]Dissemination wrote:
same post as on sherdog

My theory is you are attempting a pump and dump campaign where you post this on every message board swaying people to dump big money on Rampage. Then when odds drop to 1:1 you drop 500 on Liddell and double your profit.

Then again, you wouldn’t be foolish enough to bet Liddell…

War Rampage!!![/quote]

That was my first thought too, and I didn’t even see this post on sherdog.

Rampage is on All Access monday, the curse shall rob you of your money.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Rampage is on All Access monday, the curse shall rob you of your money.[/quote]

OK, now it’s official.

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
His hunger far exceeds Jacksons.
[/quote]

How do you know this? Have you trained with either man?

Everyone has an opinion about who will win. Fine. But statements like that are utter nonsense.

The post on Sherdog was moved to Wasteland for no apparent reason from what I could tell (and according to the mod I was talking to). He also refused to move it back.

I don’t have the funds to support the bet on Liddell.

[quote]Dissemination wrote:
same post as on sherdog

My theory is you are attempting a pump and dump campaign where you post this on every message board swaying people to dump big money on Rampage. Then when odds drop to 1:1 you drop 500 on Liddell and double your profit.

Then again, you wouldn’t be foolish enough to bet Liddell…

War Rampage!!![/quote]

[quote]texasguy wrote:
it sounds to me like a bookie suckered you on the promise of doubling your money with whimsical bullshit. [/quote]

Found the site myself. They have obviously changed their tune the past few weeks dropping the odds fast.

I agree, its pretty weak reasoning.

I’m more or less convincing myself that it’s ok to gamble on this site.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
DaMadMonk wrote:

(Note: I can’t say I know much about Sports Interaction … at one time was endorsed by Buffalo Bills QB Jim Kelly at one point).

Best part of this thread. Hell, if Jim Kelly says it’s ok, it has to be good.

DB[/quote]

Married with children = no money for betting, but I hope Rampage beats his ass.

:slight_smile:

way to cash out buddy! Rampage earned you that cheddah.

Don’t spend it all in one place.

You magnificent bastard. This was a once in a lifetime bet,its not everyday you found a “Sure thing”

You know, I gotta give it to you. You almost had me convinced to place a bet too, but I would have jinxed it for you and lost my money too, so I didn’t.

Ah, who am I kidding? I’m just jealous! Way to go.

Did the UFC sign John Cena?

:slight_smile:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
You’ve been watching too much Rocky 3. I’ll worry about Chuck losing when he decides to have an exhibition bout with John Cena.[/quote]

I knew I should have gone with my gut instinct and placed a bet.

Chuck was on his back alright…

The UFC is a marketing machine. Dana White has created his friend Chuck Liddell into a Rock Star.

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:
You cant question the integrity of the fights when you have heavily hyped superstars getting decapitated with their own signature move by unmarketable gorillas. Heres hoping that Chuck actually gets tested, maybe even see him on his back…[/quote]

You were right, it isn’t a science. It is all in the strategy as with this bet.

[quote]texasguy wrote:
but it isn’t a science. and the reality is that anything can happen. a simple mistake on either side can wind up in a submission hold, a dropped gaurd or misread punch could result in a knock out, even with a granite head, and points are always a factor too. [/quote]