T Nation

Why Hate Walmart?

Now we know WHY they hate WalMart

AMERICANS CAN DETERMINE WHERE TO SHOP & SPEND THEIR MONEY

Election Cycle political donations, as reported by the Center for Responsive Politics.
Shopping

Price Club/Costco donated $225K, 99% went to Democrats
Rite Aid donated $517K, 60% went to Democrats
Magla Products (Stanley tools, Mr. Clean) donated $22K, 100% went to Democrats
Warnaco (undergarments) donated $55K, 73% went to Democrats
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia donated $153K, 99% went to Democrats
Estee Lauder donated $448K, 95% went to Democrats
Guess, Inc. Donated $145K, 98% went to Democrats
Calvin Klein donated $78K, 100% went to Democrats
Liz Claiborne, Inc. Donated $34K, 97% went to Democrats
Levi Straus donated $26K, 97% went to Democrats
Olan Mills donated $175K, 99% went to Democrats
WalMart donated $467K, 97% went to Republicans
K-Mart donated $524K, 86% went to Republicans
Home Depot donated $298K, 89% went to Republicans
Target donated $226K, 70% went to Republicans
Circuit City Stores donated $261K, 95% went to Republicans
3M Co. Donated $281K, 87% went to Republicans
Hallmark Cards donated $319K, 92% went to Republicans
Amway donated $391K, 100% Republicans
Kohler Co. (plumbing fixtures) donated $283K, 100% Republicans
B.F. Goodrich (tires) donated $215K, 97% went to Republicans
Proctor & Gamble donated $243K, 79% went to Republicans
Spirits
Southern Wine & Spirits donated $213K, 73% went to Democrats
Joseph E. Seagrams & Sons (incl. Beverage Business and considerable media interests) donated $2M+, 67% went to Democrats
Gallo Winery donated $337K, 95% went to Democrats
Coors & Budweiser donated $174K, 92% went to Republicans
Brown-Forman Corp. (Southern Comfort, Jack Daniels, Bushmills, Korbel Wines, Lenox China , Dansk and Gorham Silver) donated $644 K – 80% went to Republicans
Hungry?
Sonic Corporation donated $83K, 98% went to Democrats
Triarc Companies (Arby’s, T.J. Cinnamon’s, Pasta Connections) donated $112K, 96% went to Democrats
Pilgrim’s Pride Corp. (chicken) donated $366K, 100% went to Republicans
Outback Steakhouse donated $641K, 95% went to Republicans
Tricon Global Restaurants (KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell) donated $133K, 87% went to Republicans
Brinker International (Maggiano’s, Brinker Cafe, Chili’s, On the Border, Macaroni Grill, Crazymel’s, Corner Baker, EatZis) donated $242K, 83% went to Republicans
Waffle House donated $279K, 100% went to Republicans
McDonald’s Corp. Donated $197K, 86% went to Republicans
Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Smokey Bones, Bahama Breeze) donated $121K, 89% went to Republicans
Heinz Republicans $64,000 Democrats $21,300! John Kerry’s wife’s company!!!
Traveling and/or dining
Hyatt Corporation donated $187K of which 80% went to Democrats
Marriott International $323K, 81% went to Republicans
Holiday Inns donated $38K, 71% went to Republicans

For the sake of the Republican Party please never run for political office.

And your point with this is?

There is no friggin’ point…So what anyway? Are these kinds of contributions
new, unique, or unusual? No.

I found this pretty interesting actually.

I think i get what hes going for…but i do find it interesting that Kmart donated more than walmart. I didnt even know kmart was still around.

If a republican wants to shop at a discount retailer do they choose walmart because of a larger percent donated OR k-mart because of the larger amount OR because they still have some self respect shop at target even though they donated less?

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
For the sake of the Republican Party please never run for political office.[/quote]

Lol, the Democratic posters are probably like PLEASE, PLEASE run for office. Meh, both sides have their loonies.

I think these companies probably donate more to Democrats because they know Republicans largely will not make it more expensive and difficult to do business. Therefore, they have to buy some goodwill from the Dems.

Walmart is the Anti Christ

Hugely popular & profitable= A lot of haters.

I’m reading Sam Walton’s autobiography. Dude was one hard worker.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
I’m reading Sam Walton’s autobiography. Dude was one hard worker.[/quote]

I reas that bio many years back. Sam Walton was, and still is an inspiration to all who want to begin their own business. He made it much bigger than most of us will and that’s why the idiots hate Walmart. All you have to do in American in 2012 is succeed for someone to hate you. Obama has made class warfare and hating the rich popular.

And now a message from the Republican party

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Obama has made class warfare and hating the rich popular. [/quote]

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
And now a message from the Republican party

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Obama has made class warfare and hating the rich popular. [/quote]
[/quote]

Once again you cannot attack what I said in specifics as Obama did wage class warfare. And HE DID make it more popular to hate the rich. So you take the general highway.

You’re a lightweight Pitt.

Let’s go back to not talking to each other as I truly feel that you have absolutely nothing to add to this forum.

Deal?

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
I’m reading Sam Walton’s autobiography. Dude was one hard worker.[/quote]

I reas that bio many years back. Sam Walton was, and still is an inspiration to all who want to begin their own business. He made it much bigger than most of us will and that’s why the idiots hate Walmart. All you have to do in American in 2012 is succeed for someone to hate you. Obama has made class warfare and hating the rich popular. [/quote]

This is not why people dislike Sam Walton. They dislike Wal-Mart because its business strategy is to enter small markets in small communities and push all the differing Mom and Pop shops out of the market. Walton’s strategy was to avoid large urban areas until later after he profited heavily in small communities and then pursue a grand urban market approach. People dislike him because he altered the community identity which was once based on local businesses. This strategy was mostly his wife’s idea.

People should not hate success in America people just feel saddened by the loss of community identity when a Wal-Mart enters a market because they watch their friends and neighbours go out of business because Wal-Mart can flood the market with cheap products.

I personally feel Walmart has capitalized on all the programs to benefit them and pursued Governmental policies that enforce that point of view . They are powerful in our Gov. as well as the market

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I found this pretty interesting actually. [/quote]

I agree. In the country I live in, political donations are limited by law (though determined individuals/corporations always find loopholes), but it’s very enlightening to see the overwhelmingly large proportion of money that is “donated” to political causes.

Walmart succeeds by fucking over its workers. The low prices and big dividends are squeezed from some schlep living in a trailer park or some little kid in China or Vietnam.

They don’t want unions because they want to keep the serfs under control. Unions do not set company strategy, or remove management’s opportunity to succeed - they just force management to treat employees like a supplier - rather than a bunch of serfs.

Fuck Walmart.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:
I’m reading Sam Walton’s autobiography. Dude was one hard worker.[/quote]

I reas that bio many years back. Sam Walton was, and still is an inspiration to all who want to begin their own business. He made it much bigger than most of us will and that’s why the idiots hate Walmart. All you have to do in American in 2012 is succeed for someone to hate you. Obama has made class warfare and hating the rich popular. [/quote]

This is not why people dislike Sam Walton. They dislike Wal-Mart because its business strategy is to enter small markets in small communities and push all the differing Mom and Pop shops out of the market. Walton’s strategy was to avoid large urban areas until later after he profited heavily in small communities and then pursue a grand urban market approach. People dislike him because he altered the community identity which was once based on local businesses. This strategy was mostly his wife’s idea.

People should not hate success in America people just feel saddened by the loss of community identity when a Wal-Mart enters a market because they watch their friends and neighbours go out of business because Wal-Mart can flood the market with cheap products.[/quote]

And good riddance to the “friends and neighbors” who price gouged and paid the few scant employees that they had minimum wage to work for them. When Walmart enters a market they do more business, hire more people and sell good quality products to the communities that they serve. Hence, the residence of the areas get more for their money.

Walmart is a great American success story.

My goodness what a horrible company.