Why greens on Poliquin Diet?

I’ve done several searches and read all the old posts but can’t find an answer to this question. Is there some type of significance to the exclusive use of greens for the 50g of daily carbs that Poliquin recommends for his diet? The only thing that I can figure is that green veggies have a lot of fiber and are very low in calories (so you could eat a ton of them to get to 50g), in addition the vitamins, phytochemicals and other good stuff. I’m doing T-Dawg 2.0 right now and I figured I’d give Poliquin’s protocol a shot just for a change. Is having my morning oatmeal gonna be a big problem?

You answered your own question concerning the greens.

Obviously oatmeal is a great carb source, but you’re gonna get approx. 20-25 g. per 1/2 cup uncooked serving, so by Poliquin’s protocol you will be consuming too many carbs. If you stick with T-Dawg 2.0, you’ll be fine so long as you don’t exceed the 100 g. mark on workout days.

actually, eating the 1/2 cup of oatmeal on poliquin’s diet is ok. i eat greens every meal except for breakfast, where i eat oatmeal with my eggs. by doing this, i have stopped taking frequent carb days. now im not saying you should, however i now take one only once or twice a month, and im still making incredible gains in the gym. for me, the carb days did not hurt at all, but i didnt really find them that effective. (keep in mind that i am very endomorphic, so i store fat easily.)