Why Get Mad at Bill Donahue?

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]clip11 wrote:

That argument fails, because if they were interested in women, they could find one. Even if they had to pay for it. The fact is they like men. Heterosexual men are not sexually attracted to other men. You cant reasonably say 15 y/o boy=15 y/o girl, as if they are both interchangeable to a straight man.[/quote]

Then extend that same logic to Ct. Rockula’s post: If they were interested in men, they could easily find one. Even if they had to pay for it.

The fact is, there is a dimension of power to the relationship that makes labeling like homosexual/heterosexual irrelevant.

Why doesn’t the rapist just go pick up a broad in a bar, or pay a pro? The sex is incidental to the power relationship.

That’s why priest who abuse, gay and straight, prey on the relatively powerless.[/quote]

I dont buy that these priests aren’t interested in young men, but rather their dick gets hard because they have “power” over the young men. The problem is gay priests serving. A straight man will not be interested in a teenage boy. Period.

Clip is homophobic!

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Anyways, that’s my opnion. I mean, priests in other religions spend a considerable amount of time around young boys, why aren’t molestation cases happening at the same rate in those churches and temples?[/quote]

It does you just don’t pay attention. Most of the recent cases on the Catholic church are 50 years old. We get all the press because we’re held to a higher standard.

Examples:
http://www.reformation.com/CSA/Presbyterianabuse.html

http://www.reformation.com/CSA/martin2.htm

http://thehive.modbee.com/node/21395

http://www.nixlawfirm.com/Landmark-Cases/Lutheran-Church-Molestation-Case.aspx

http://childsafetips.abouttips.com/child-molestation-statistics.php

Truth is, most child molesters are relatives of the kids. Religious affiliation is pretty irrelevant.

[quote]krebcycle wrote:
Why isn’t this clusterfuck in PWI?[/quote]

Why is this cluster fuck in PWI?

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Anyways, that’s my opnion. I mean, priests in other religions spend a considerable amount of time around young boys, why aren’t molestation cases happening at the same rate in those churches and temples?[/quote]

It does you just don’t pay attention. Most of the recent cases on the Catholic church are 50 years old. We get all the press because we’re held to a higher standard.

Examples:
http://www.reformation.com/CSA/Presbyterianabuse.html

http://www.reformation.com/CSA/martin2.htm

http://thehive.modbee.com/node/21395

http://www.nixlawfirm.com/Landmark-Cases/Lutheran-Church-Molestation-Case.aspx

http://childsafetips.abouttips.com/child-molestation-statistics.php

Truth is, most child molesters are relatives of the kids. Religious affiliation is pretty irrelevant.
[/quote]

Yes, but at what rate?

According to this: Belgium church abuse detailed by Adriaenssens report - BBC News

There are 300 Catholic sex abuse cases in Belgium alone. Unless I missed it, I didn’t see anything in the links you posted showing sex abuse anywhere near the rate they have been reported to have happened in the CC.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Of course they’re gay.

Everyone knows this.

How?

They fuck boys.[/quote]

Good point, heterosexuals don’t want to have sex with boys that’s for sure.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Well, why dont the homosexuals just fuck each other if they arent pediphiles?[/quote]

What’s the chances of a priest working in a parish with another homosexual priest? Most priests are the only priest at their parish, at least in America.[/quote]

what does consentual have to do with anything?

There are networks for all kinds of sexual activity. There are usually more than one church in a city anyway…if no one is in the city, there are surrounding cities.

It doesnt even have to be another priest it could be anyone if he is truly gay.

If a homosexual priest was just gay and wanted some cock then he could get it EASILY from ANYWHERE and no one would know.

You know why they didnt go cruising the underground gay scenes in their area? Because they like boys[/quote]

You should hear of some of the stories I heard from my friends from when they went to the seminary. They didn’t need to cruise the underground gay scenes in their area, they ran them. Drugs, limos, orgies, &c. They were in the clubs by Friday night didn’t leave until Sunday morning.

And, as I pointed out before these men aren’t pedophiles, maybe ephebophile. But the common factor about these abuses is that 81% of the cases, the victim was a boy. 94% of those priest accused were not pedophiles.

However, the homosexual lifestyle wasn’t just non-existent with these priests, it just wasn’t reported.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I think the problem stems from the fact Catholic priests are required to take a vow of celibacy.

After years of repressing their sexual desires they eventually snap are no longer able to resist. Why altar boys? Because Catholic priests are in a position of authority over them and at age 12-15 young boys still have features similar to girls.

Human sexuality is influenced by nature AND nurture IMO. The same way some men/women partake in homosexual activities only while incarcerated, Catholic priests only develop the urge to molest young boys because of the vow of celibacy leads to years of built up sexual tension. If the Catholic Church allowed priests to have consensual sexual relationships with women, much of this problem would go away IMO.

So no, I don’t consider this a homosexual problem.[/quote]

That’s interesting, the John Jay study showed that those who lied about being celibate for a year before seminary and broke their vow of celibacy in the seminary where the majority of abusers.

Maybe it has to do with something with the lack of character rather than celibacy itself (after all if they break one vow, what makes you think they won’t break another vow?). Further, biological fathers are the largest (%) group of child abusers in all cases. So, the celibacy argument doesn’t make sense.

And are we talking developed msaculine teen boys or ones like Hanson?

Not everyone looks 16 at 16…some can look 12, or younger.

I know a guy that looks 16 and is 30…imagine what he looked like when he was actually 16?

[/quote]

Yes, and only 6% of the accused priests were pedophiles.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]clip11 wrote:

That argument fails, because if they were interested in women, they could find one. Even if they had to pay for it. The fact is they like men. Heterosexual men are not sexually attracted to other men. You cant reasonably say 15 y/o boy=15 y/o girl, as if they are both interchangeable to a straight man.[/quote]

Then extend that same logic to Ct. Rockula’s post: If they were interested in men, they could easily find one. Even if they had to pay for it.[/quote]

Who says they didn’t? Check the John Jay study, most of the abusers had broken their vow of celibacy before abusing children (with other adults, seemingly other priests).

Anyway, what’s your response to Hollywood who is currently attempting to remove Pedophilia from the books as a psychological disorder?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Under the circumstances they are under, regularly alone around young boys for DECADES they eventually develop attraction.[/quote]

That’s why in 1985 there was no increase of girls being molested after they allowed girls to be altar servers?

That’s why most of the priest that we are hearing about did this in the 60’s and 70’s?

That’s why all this started happening after they allowed men with open SSA into the Seminary?

Interesting coincidences.

I think gay priests should be banned because it’s clearly a homosexual problem. I know it’s not politically correct to say, but most times, the truth never is. And trying to pretend its one thing when its actually another isn’t making the problem any better.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Under the circumstances they are under, regularly alone around young boys for DECADES they eventually develop attraction.[/quote]

That’s why in 1985 there was no increase of girls being molested after they allowed girls to be altar servers?

That’s why most of the priest that we are hearing about did this in the 60’s and 70’s?

That’s why all this started happening after they allowed men with open SSA into the Seminary?

Interesting coincidences.[/quote]

What % of altar servers are women? According to that article I posted 1/3 of sex cases in Belgium were female

What does the fact they were doing these acts mostly in the 60’s and 70’s have to do with anything?

What does SSA mean?

SSA probabaly means same sex attraction.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I think the problem stems from the fact Catholic priests are required to take a vow of celibacy.

After years of repressing their sexual desires they eventually snap are no longer able to resist. Why altar boys? Because Catholic priests are in a position of authority over them and at age 12-15 young boys still have features similar to girls.

Human sexuality is influenced by nature AND nurture IMO. The same way some men/women partake in homosexual activities only while incarcerated, Catholic priests only develop the urge to molest young boys because of the vow of celibacy leads to years of built up sexual tension. If the Catholic Church allowed priests to have consensual sexual relationships with women, much of this problem would go away IMO.

More recycled bullshit.

I challenge you to show me one study, ONE, that indicates that long term celibacy leads to any sort of sexual disorder.

When you can’t, you can stop repeating memes that support what you’ve already decided you believe and start maybe actually thinking for yourself.

One study. Shouldn’t be that hard.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Under the circumstances they are under, regularly alone around young boys for DECADES they eventually develop attraction. The same way it is not uncommon for a man who is heterosexual on the street to develop homosexual desires after YEARS of only being surrounded by men while incarcerated. like I said, human sexuality is a product of nature and environment.
[/quote]

Oh please. It is blindingly clear you don’t know the first thing about the Catholic Church so please stop talking as if you are some sort of authority.

Catholic priests are not cloistered monks. There are alter GIRLS as well as boys, and they are in contact with a vast number of women (from their parish) at any given time.

Seriously, I’m going to remember this the next time I read your “arguments.” You will just say whatever the fuck you think, regardless of its authenticity.

In the meantime, I’ll still be waiting for that evidence you must have seen to make such otherwise bald-faced libelous assertions.

[quote]clip11 wrote:
I think gay priests should be banned because it’s clearly a homosexual problem. I know it’s not politically correct to say, but most times, the truth never is. And trying to pretend its one thing when its actually another isn’t making the problem any better.[/quote]

Well, you can’t ban priests unless they are proven to be unfit for public ministry. We do have Law in the Church, and priests do have some amount of rights.

Though, the Bishops have suspended the allowance of men who are open about their same-sex attraction from entering the seminary until further investigation can bring out a sure course of action.

This was about 4-5 years ago.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Interesting coincidences.[/quote]

What % of altar servers are women? According to that article I posted 1/3 of sex cases in Belgium were female

What does the fact they were doing these acts mostly in the 60’s and 70’s have to do with anything?

What does SSA mean?[/quote]

Well, I’ll say this. I haven’t seen a group of altar servers, except in a few instances, who wasn’t dominated or completely made up of women. And, I believe they occupy a majority of group. I tried to find a number but I couldn’t, but I made a mistake. Women were allowed to be altar servers after 83, not 85.

It was a certain group of men that did this and allowed this, most of these men are either dead or are going to die in the next few years. Those responsible should be punished, this is not being questioned. What I am questioning is the blanket accusations that all priests or even a large part of the priesthood has abused children or others.

Looking at those who have studied the Church, only 4% of priests have been accused in the past 50 years. That is far too high. But, it is surprising that abuses aren’t higher as the funneling of men who don’t agree at all with the Church entered the seminary for various reasons.

The Bishops who are responsible for these men, and the men themselves that committed these heinous crimes should be punished as that is the just thing to do.

Though at the time, there was a serious lack of understanding of love and justice in the Church and out. This came with some of the Bishops seemingly forgetting that they were judges and they had the responsibility to enforce Canon Law.

But, the Bishops now seem to be now enforcing Canon Law as well as Civil Law to the fullest.

This is just another lame attempt to vilify and attack gays.

Priests molesting boys is fucked up.

Someones mad…

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

More recycled bullshit.

I challenge you to show me one study, ONE, that indicates that long term celibacy leads to any sort of sexual disorder.

When you can’t, you can stop repeating memes that support what you’ve already decided you believe and start maybe actually thinking for yourself.

One study. Shouldn’t be that hard.
[/quote]

This is my own thought, I’m not recycling shit.

No, I don’t have a study and I’m not claiming it to be a fact it is just my opinion on the topic. That’s why I started my sentence with “I think” and never stated this is a PROVEN FACT. I used the acronym “IMO” for a reason.