Why FSL But Not Jokers/Pyramids?

I am already doing the BBB 6 weeks and this is just a general question to satisfy curiosity and learn more.

So the premise is that additional work done with “big” movements similar to the main movements or with the main movements themselves is “supplemental” work; and additional work done with dumbbells, cables, bodyweight is “assistance”. I got it.
And it has been written many times that according to this premise, BBB, FSL, SSL, SST are supplemental work. But I have never seen Jokers and/or Pyramids mentioned as supplemental work, although they are also done with the same big movement.

So the question is: What makes them different from supplemental work, or are they also, in fact, supplemental work?

Thank you for your time.

Joker sets are part of the main lift. I have no idea what “Pyramids” means other than the best music release of 2015.

Thank your for your answer.

5/3/1 Pyramid from the Beyond:

5 x 65%

5 x 75%

5+ x 85%

5 x 75%

5+ x 65%

I understand that jokers are part of the same lift and are not considered as something different. What I don’t understand is with both Joker sets and FSL you add something to the same lift, it is just the reps-percentages that differ between the two; and jokers are considered as part of the main lift and FSL is as supplemental.

Pyramid would be supplemental. The reason the Jokers are part of the main lift is it allows you to program and regulate the volume much easier. We seperately and program 5 parts of tune program and this makes it easier to do.

This made it very clear thank you very much. Can you give an example of what you meant with your last sentence?

There are five areas we program per cycle. Each has to work in harmony with each other. It’s very simple but it works very well.

Thank you very much for taking the time

I always thought pyramids were simply a progressive/ descending programming.
i.e. as the weight increases, the reps decrease.
I do that all the time with assistance after my main lift -
What you are talking about is the up/down ladder and since you keep all of the reps at 5, or 3, and in fact you increase reps on the last set in most cases - it’s kind of the opposite

What I am talking about is called “Pyramid” in Jim Wendler’s own book, not ladder.