T Nation

Why During The Night?

So, there I was, comfortably in dreamland:

DB : Oh yeah, Sic, work those boots all over my back. A little lower.
Sic: Yes master.
DB: Meesus Push, you have been a trooper on that pole. Take a break and come over here and give me some sugar.
MP: Yes master.
DB: OG, you look cold. Come, warm up by my side.
OG: Yes master.
[Beep]
DB: Wtf? JillyBop, are you backing up that damn Zamboni again? Get off the ice and join the fun.
JB: Master, it isn�??t me, but I will be right there.
[Beep]
DB: WTF is beeping? Ladies, keep working, it will come back.
[Beep]
/Dream

DB: Huh? Wha?
Mrs Dollar: Something is beeping. Can you go see what it is?
DB: Damnit! Ok. [back to sleep].
Mrs Dollar: [foot in my back] Find out what�??s beeping.

So, I get up and have to wander around the house at 3:30 am, listening for the beep. It ends up being a dead battery in one of the remote window sensors in the alarm system. It then took me 45 minutes to get back to sleep.

My complaint is why does this always happen in the middle of the night??? Why the hell can�??t batteries expire during the day? Does this happen to everyone?

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
My complaint is why does this always happen in the middle of the night??? Why the hell can�??t batteries expire during the day? Does this happen to everyone? [/quote]

It’s MacGillicuddy’s corollary to Murphy’s law.

“Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong at the most inopportune time”

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

My complaint is why does this always happen in the middle of the night??? Why the hell can�??t batteries expire during the day? Does this happen to everyone?

[/quote]

My smoke detectors are notorious for beeping in the middle of the night. Wouldn’t be so bad if I lived in an apartment, but my townhouse is 3 stories tall. Then when I find the offending detector and try to sleep, another one of those bastards starts beeping.

One time it was so bad I yanked all 7 of them out of the ceiling and put them outside until I got new batteries. Go ahead and let me burn for all I care.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

One time it was so bad I yanked all 7 of them out
[/quote]

You have 7 smoke detectors in your house?? Wow…I only have 2…should I get some more? My house is only 2 stories…

[quote]sen say wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

One time it was so bad I yanked all 7 of them out

You have 7 smoke detectors in your house?? Wow…I only have 2…should I get some more? My house is only 2 stories…
[/quote]

the most recent fire codes state that you have to have one basically in every room of the house…oh and they all have to be connected. When ours go off, ALL of them go off in every freaken room.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

One time it was so bad I yanked all 7 of them out

You have 7 smoke detectors in your house?? Wow…I only have 2…should I get some more? My house is only 2 stories…
[/quote]

Probably. I renovated last year and had to add a bunch to meet the new building codes. We had to have one in each bedroom, one per common area and one in each room with a combustible source (i.e. oven, clothes dryer, boiler, fireplace, etc). It’s probably not a bad idea anyway.

DB

[Edit: see CrewPierce’s response]

I had a cheap ass baby monitor about 10 years ago…I had to get out of bed and investigate when She Say woke me up convinced she’d heard voices in the room…I would’ve peed my pants if I was wearing any when I opened their door and heard this Old Crone asking, “Who is This? What do you want? I’m gonna get you!”…somehow the baby monitor had tapped into her telephone…was very scary.

[quote]sen say wrote:
I had a cheap ass baby monitor about 10 years ago…I had to get out of bed and investigate when She Say woke me up convinced she’d heard voices in the room…I would’ve peed my pants if I was wearing any when I opened their door and heard this Old Crone asking, “Who is This? What do you want? I’m gonna get you!”…somehow the baby monitor had tapped into her telephone…was very scary.[/quote]

Haha. That reminds me of one time when we heard voices through our monitor in the middle of the night. I threw on some sweats and ran up to the room. Turns out, one of their electronic toys was at the bottom of the toy box. I guess the toys shifted and one of the buttons was pressed in. Another one of those “things” that only seems to happen in the middle of the night.

One of these nights I’m going to be searching the house and get run through by a chain-saw.

DB

Smoke detectors suck. The ONLY time the batteries ever go bad is at 2am. I bet they do this on purpose when they make them to fuck with people.

I hate when I am cuddled up to DB admiring sic’s amazing butt and boots watching Jilly do the slalom in her skates and that damn beep goes off.

It was a sign to stop you from obsessing over an internet forum.

[quote]theOUTLAW wrote:
It was a sign to stop you from obsessing over an internet forum.[/quote]

Someone’s too cool for school.

There was a power outage in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago. No big deal right? but then at 3:30 the power comes back on in my studio apartment, so the alarm clock and the clock on the microwave are both blinking 12:00, thus making me reset my clocks in the middle of the night. I can’t sleep with blinking lights, way too annoying.

I hate it when I’m in the middle of a terrificly erotic dream involving multiple asian go go girls, and then out of nowhere BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!. Which of course means I have to somehow refocus myself enough to get the fire truck and the crew where we need to be.

But that’s what I get for being a fireman. A very horny, very undersexed fireman ;-]

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
I hate it when I’m in the middle of a terrificly erotic dream involving multiple asian go go girls, and then out of nowhere BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!. Which of course means I have to somehow refocus myself enough to get the fire truck and the crew where we need to be.

But that’s what I get for being a fireman. A very horny, very undersexed fireman ;-][/quote]

so why is it I hear that all you firemen get all the women you want because of firemen groupies???

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
I hate it when I’m in the middle of a terrificly erotic dream involving multiple asian go go girls, and then out of nowhere BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!. Which of course means I have to somehow refocus myself enough to get the fire truck and the crew where we need to be.

But that’s what I get for being a fireman. A very horny, very undersexed fireman ;-]

so why is it I hear that all you firemen get all the women you want because of firemen groupies???
[/quote]

Ahhh yes, the badge bunnies. Good stuff. Fun for the single guys, but they tend to cause some stress with the wifey at home. Especially when she’s eight months pregnant, and not exactly tolerant.

You would think that she’d know me well enough by now, to know that I just don’t have the work ethic it takes to cheat. I leave all those reindeer games to the other guys ;-]

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
I hate it when I’m in the middle of a terrificly erotic dream involving multiple asian go go girls, and then out of nowhere BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!. Which of course means I have to somehow refocus myself enough to get the fire truck and the crew where we need to be.

But that’s what I get for being a fireman. A very horny, very undersexed fireman ;-]

so why is it I hear that all you firemen get all the women you want because of firemen groupies???

Ahhh yes, the badge bunnies. Good stuff. Fun for the single guys, but they tend to cause some stress with the wifey at home. Especially when she’s eight months pregnant, and not exactly tolerant.

You would think that she’d know me well enough by now, to know that I just don’t have the work ethic it takes to cheat. I leave all those reindeer games to the other guys ;-]

[/quote]

oh no… they have a name of Badge Bunnies?

I don’t think I would be tolerant whether or not I was 8-months along!

congratulations on the soon to be new Little Flame

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
I hate it when I’m in the middle of a terrificly erotic dream involving multiple asian go go girls, and then out of nowhere BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!BLONG!. Which of course means I have to somehow refocus myself enough to get the fire truck and the crew where we need to be.

But that’s what I get for being a fireman. A very horny, very undersexed fireman ;-]

so why is it I hear that all you firemen get all the women you want because of firemen groupies???

Ahhh yes, the badge bunnies. Good stuff. Fun for the single guys, but they tend to cause some stress with the wifey at home. Especially when she’s eight months pregnant, and not exactly tolerant.

You would think that she’d know me well enough by now, to know that I just don’t have the work ethic it takes to cheat. I leave all those reindeer games to the other guys ;-]

oh no… they have a name of Badge Bunnies?

I don’t think I would be tolerant whether or not I was 8-months along!

congratulations on the soon to be new Little Flame
[/quote]

Thanx!!

and thanks for the career change idea!

Clearly, the problem is that God hates you.

Seriously, you’re on his shit-list.