Why Drinking Milk Helps You Bulk

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:
Why was this thread made?

Next thread: Bench pressing increases pec development[/quote]

Careful-- that statement/debate has spawned countless threads

[quote]Bigdick1000 wrote:

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
More garbage.

Bovine GH should not affect humans. In fact, there was even an article on THIS site where TC said that BGH is cleaved in the stomach or intestines and effectively excreted.

Cut the hippie bullshit, please.

One reason why milk might be so “anabolic” is the ratio of casein:whey protein, which is what the blend in MD and MDMG sold here is: 80:20 (casein:whey).

Casein supposedly provides aminos over a longer period of time, while whey is absorbed faster and thus has a greater effect of “spiking” blood-amino levels.

Of course, maybe Bill Roberts could confirm/reject what I just said; he’s a lot smarter than I am.

The miniscule amount of fat does NOT “slow down” anything PWO; it’s negligible. In fact, more people have an issue with skim milk than higher fat milk (plus, skim is more processed). I use some coconut milk in my PWO shake. It’s fine.

Besides, why would you want SKIM milk when Vitamin D is FAT SOLUBLE ?[/quote]

LMAOOO and i’m guessing TC is the genius of the world to your mind? no disrespect to him … and there’s a reason i said idk its just an article… Apparently there was a study done where parents fed their kids 4 glasses of milk a day for over like 4 to 5 years … the other group of kids were not given any milk and given grass-fed (or grass-finished) foods. at the end of the study the kids given the milk had brain damage from an excitotoxin in milk? doctors couldn’t figure out what it was anyway the kids who drank the milk looked more mature, muscular and shorter and also had smaller bones and total body width by a lot… but they were although not bigger still stronger and more muscular than the other group…

w/e
bottom line humans weren’t made to drink pasteurized milk especially from cows given hormones and shit diets and all the antibiotics and who even knows about raw milk

[/quote]

Are you drawing a weak connection because I mentioned an article on here? I didn’t mean it as a conclusive source on the matter, but articles like that usually link to studies, anyway.

Where are you getting that drinking “hormone laden milk” (I have no idea what this means) somehow results in people growing more? If drinking hormones is so effective, why don’t people just DRINK steroids instead of shooting them with needles?

Dummy. More tin foil hat wearing garbage.

Human didn’t drink pasteurized milk before because they didn’t know about the process itself. They didn’t have the capacity to mass produce such product. Just because it wasn’t available in the past, doesn’t mean the past situation was OPTIMAL.

You are stupid. Your logic sucks, Mr. Sandy Vagina.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
Milk is very mildly acidic.

Anyway, congrats BigDick1000 on making three posts in a row that are total and utter wastes of space.[/quote]

Uh, no, milk is BASIC (opposite of acidic).

Go register a new screen name because you just lost credibility.

w/e
bottom line humans weren’t made to drink pasteurized milk especially from cows given hormones and shit diets and all the antibiotics and who even knows about raw milk

[/quote]

Please be quiet.

The study postted in the OP is doesn’t prove anything, it has too many confounds. Theyre talking about a diffrence of 1 pound of fat over 12 weeks. That’s within the margin of error. The study probably had only a few participants. Also, the people conducting the study and the people in the study knew which beverage they were drinking.

Apparently there was a study done where . . .
[/quote]

Link?

There should be a requirement that if people are going to throw out the “there was a study done” line, they need to provide a link for verification.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

w/e

[/quote]

Please be quiet. [/quote]

nvm alright

More garbage.

Bovine GH should not affect humans. In fact, there was even an article on THIS site where TC said that BGH is cleaved in the stomach or intestines and effectively excreted.

Cut the hippie bullshit, please.

One reason why milk might be so “anabolic” is the ratio of casein:whey protein, which is what the blend in MD and MDMG sold here is: 80:20 (casein:whey).

Casein supposedly provides aminos over a longer period of time, while whey is absorbed faster and thus has a greater effect of “spiking” blood-amino levels.

Of course, maybe Bill Roberts could confirm/reject what I just said; he’s a lot smarter than I am.

The miniscule amount of fat does NOT “slow down” anything PWO; it’s negligible. In fact, more people have an issue with skim milk than higher fat milk (plus, skim is more processed). I use some coconut milk in my PWO shake. It’s fine.

Besides, why would you want SKIM milk when Vitamin D is FAT SOLUBLE ?[/quote]

LMAOOO and i’m guessing TC is the genius of the world to your mind? no disrespect to him … and there’s a reason i said idk its just an article… Apparently there was a study done where parents fed their kids 4 glasses of milk a day for over like 4 to 5 years … the other group of kids were not given any milk and given grass-fed (or grass-finished) foods. at the end of the study the kids given the milk had brain damage from an excitotoxin in milk? doctors couldn’t figure out what it was anyway the kids who drank the milk looked more mature, muscular and shorter and also had smaller bones and total body width by a lot… but they were although not bigger still stronger and more muscular than the other group…

w/e

[/quote]

Are you drawing a weak connection because I mentioned an article on here? I didn’t mean it as a conclusive source on the matter, but articles like that usually link to studies, anyway.

Where are you getting that drinking “hormone laden milk” (I have no idea what this means) somehow results in people growing more? If drinking hormones is so effective, why don’t people just DRINK steroids instead of shooting them with needles?

Dummy. More tin foil hat wearing garbage.

Human didn’t drink pasteurized milk before because they didn’t know about the process itself. They didn’t have the capacity to mass produce such product. Just because it wasn’t available in the past, doesn’t mean the past situation was OPTIMAL.

You are stupid. Your logic sucks, Mr. Sandy Vagina.[/quote]

k

BigDick, I think he wants you to be quiet because the sh** that is spewing from your posts is just going to lead others awry.

We should have the mods create a forum just for folks like BigDick and BenchBunny where they can critique one another’s nutrition/training philosophies.

Just a fun hypothetical question…

What would happen if you went on an exclusively milk, banana, and whey protein diet?

… Using short math (and my excel meal planner):

12 cups of milk (3/4 of a gallon)(Borden 2% High-P)
3 bananas
240 grams of whey (True Protein)(8 servings)

Would result in 2955 calories 315.9g P; 265g C; & 82 Fat. (41.27% 34.62% 24.11%)

Talk about a cheap diet. (Under $180 a month)

(^Once again just for fun^)

ALL i fuckin read on these forums is so many people especially bonez just telling people to stfu i meen i must have seen at least 10 to 15 posts in the last week were bonez was telling people to shut up… like yea its annoying but fucking deal with it and dont be a little bitch about it im done posting here bye[/quote]

In Bonez’s defense, ~75% of the posters on this forum do need to shut the f*** up and do some reading before making a new thread.

Bonez has told me to stfu before, and he was right as I had no business speaking on that subject…

and you are wrong here…you are claiming things that are very outrageous while providing ZERO proof of the studies you claim…

you need proof bro…you have nothing right now…

I think he gets the point everyone.

Love milk. Had a gallon a day my first year in uni.