Why, Dr. King, Why?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Just my way of celebrating Black History Month.

By the way, I have tremendous respect for ANY person who achieves things in life by their own honest effort. I also condemn ANYONE who attacks those weaker than themselves (such as women). I simply refuse to give Dr. King a ‘pass’ because he’s an icon.
[/quote]

One more day of February, Headhunter. There’s still time to dust off the old Malcolm X avatar.

Yet, he was willing to lose everything, including his life. He often walked at the head of peaceful demonstrations, putting his own life in jeaporady. And eventually, it did catch up with him. He wasn’t stupid either, he knew the danger. But, he chose to carry that burden voluntarily, hoping to change hearts and minds with an example, and not through violence. Would you’ve walked in his place, HH?

I’ve heard the plagiarism charge, which seems believable. However, the other stuff you mention seems like, “I got it from this one guy who heard it from another…” Or, “This guy heard a tape with something terrible being said, and then he told someone else, who then reported it. But, alas, no tape to be made public.”

I don’t hold him to Saint-hood, as some do. But, with some of these charges, he’s earned himself the benefit of the doubt, in my not even close to humble opinion.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Yet, he was willing to lose everything, including his life. He often walked at the head of peaceful demonstrations, putting his own life in jeaporady. And eventually, it did catch up with him. He wasn’t stupid either, he knew the danger. But, he chose to carry that burden voluntarily, hoping to change hearts and minds with an example, and not through violence. Would you’ve walked in his place, HH?

I’ve heard the plagiarism charge, which seems believable. However, the other stuff you mention seems like, “I got it from this one guy who heard it from another…” Or, “This guy heard a tape with something terrible being said, and then he told someone else, who then reported it. But, alas, no tape to be made public.”

I don’t hold him to Saint-hood, as some do. But, with some of these charges, he’s earned himself the benefit of the doubt, in my not even close to humble opinion.[/quote]

How is a memoir written by his best bro ‘one guy heard from another’? Are FBI tapes fakes?

No, I wouldn’t walk down streets in his place because I don’t believe that hearts can be changed by intimidation. The purpose of the marches was to frighten rich white libs into giving payola (the Great Society Program) to huge groups of ignorant people. Racism ends when there is no cause for it. Marching in the streets and rioting, burning down white businesses, just pisses people off and teaches the rioters that they can get what they want as an ugly mass.

We’ve spent trillions of dollars following Dr. King’s policies. What did we get for the money? Take a walk through any inner city high school and you’ll see. Walk 6 blocks west of Obama’s Chicago home on a Friday evening in July. If you live, report back.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

How is a memoir written by his best bro ‘one guy heard from another’? Are FBI tapes fakes?

[/quote]

of course a man selling a book with financial gain in mind would NEVER make up or embelish information to bolster his book sales. And it says close friend, so who knows how true or untrue that even is.

“Carl Rowan writes that in 1964 congressman John Rooney told him that he and his congressional committee had heard J. Edgar Hoover play an audiotape of an apparent orgy”

Where is this tape? All you have to offer is one jackoff saying another jackoff said a different jackoff played a tape for him. Said tape does not exist. Yet you believe it.

You would fit in well on a Obama economic panel, fucking delusional.

[quote]PB-Crawl wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

of course a man selling a book with financial gain in mind would NEVER make up or embelish information to bolster his book sales. And it says close friend, so who knows how true or untrue that even is.

“Carl Rowan writes that in 1964 congressman John Rooney told him that he and his congressional committee had heard J. Edgar Hoover play an audiotape of an apparent orgy”

Where is this tape? All you have to offer is one jackoff saying another jackoff said a different jackoff played a tape for him. Said tape does not exist. Yet you believe it.

You would fit in well on a Obama economic panel, fucking delusional.[/quote]

Um…everything wrt to the King assassination and the tapes are locked up in the National Archives and can’t be released until 2035. Why? No one wants to face a shitstorm. It is for this reason that records are often locked away for 70 years, until everyone concerned is dead.

For ex, the Kennedy findings can’t be released until 2033. Ever wondered why?

When the Lincoln records were finally released, JW Booth’s granddaughter found out that her grandpa, dear old JW, lived a happy life in Britain until 1895 or so, probably with a boatload of cash from Stanton and his bosses.

Its an evil world…it surely is.

I cant believe keith ledger won the oscar for best supporting actor, I saw the black night and he was the worst riddler I ever seen, jack nicklaus was way better and he is a golf legend

Headhunter, you’re a waste of space!

[quote]Makavali wrote:
I cant believe keith ledger won the oscar for best supporting actor, I saw the black night and he was the worst riddler I ever seen, jack nicklaus was way better and he is a golf legend[/quote]

Jack Nicklaus and Makavali have a lot in common…Jack’s an old golfer who lost his balls and Mak…

[quote]streamline wrote:
Headhunter, you’re a waste of space![/quote]

Hmmm…I don’t cheat on the stuff I write, I’ve never hit a woman, and I’ve never done gay shit. So MLK is a vacuum?