Why Don't You Eat Beef Jerky?

Biltong.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
look into Ostrim ostrich/beef jerky, not too chewy, tastes good, low in carbs. pricey though[/quote]

This sounds awesome. Do you get it from a store or order it online?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
look into Ostrim ostrich/beef jerky, not too chewy, tastes good, low in carbs. pricey though

This sounds awesome. Do you get it from a store or order it online?[/quote]

I’m probably not allowed to say the online site I get it from on here, but if you google Ostrim something should pop up

Because its damn near $6 a bag package for decent stuff. But I’ll eat it every now and then.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
Daravon wrote:
I bought a food dehydrator to make my own jerky. I buy London Broil when it’s $1.50 a pound, slice it up, marinade it for a day or two, then stick on the dehydrator when I’m at work.

Cheap, easily portable, and delicious.

x2
home made to me tastes better. I love crunchy beef jerky. [/quote]

x3
home made is the way to go.

I eat it on occasion, but why is everyone worried about the sodium content? If you are working out hard, sweating, drinking lots of water, peeing, then the excess sodium is flushed out of your system. The only variable would be the diet. If eating clean then there should not be an over whelming amount of sodium in the diet.

I will agree that the price is prohibitive. I prefer steak over jerky anyday.

Yeah, I’ll eat it if travelling. For a while there I was eating almost daily for a snack, but it got old quick. Since my diet is cleaned up pretty good, it is pretty salty tasting to me these days.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
A. too expensive for quantity[/quote]

Bingo.

Not much protein for the buck, although it’s not bad to keep on hand for times when other food is scarce.

[quote]Seego wrote:
I tried it once. Tasted like I was eating a rug. How do people like this shit…[/quote]

Your avatar is my favorite! Damn, she is HOT! I’m so distracted right now that the hypothesis of the ulnar nerve is perpendicular to the Metabolic Drive.

What? Sorry, lame joke, random use of terms, and too much coffee.

To contribute SOMETHING to this thread, I don’t eat beef jerky because its expensive. If however, it was cheap like canned tuna, I’d eat it all the time. Its damn good, and full of protein, and beats lame ass canned tuna, hands down!